“Rude person working is this hotel! Beware of her.”
Review of Canada Hotel

Canada Hotel
Ranked #30 of 431 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I've been to Milan in february for the Milan Fashion Week, the trip was great except for one reason, the Hotel Canada was the worst experience that I have in my life. I stayed there for a week, there is girl who works there in the front desk, named by Marina. She is the worst employee, very rude, always with a moody face and everytime we ask a favor, like book a restaurant she was doing like it was a favor. She booked the wrong restaurant for us. And one night there was a ridiculous couple fighting in front of my door by 3 am, so what the hotel did to stop the noise?!!! Nothing... And then came the worst part. Our invitation cards for the runway shows has been deliveried to the hotel, she was lying about the delivery saying it didn't arrive, we were very concern because de Prada Fashion Show was the next day. I called for Prada and they said they deliveried the inivitation cards 2 days ago, this got me so mad... The way she lied... What she was expecting? Going to the show and pretending she was me??? Prada has to called her, and the weird moment was, after Prada called the inivitations cards appeared... like magic! Give me a break!!! After complaining with another employee, she said her manager ask me to write a letter saying about this problems... so this is my letter, you can check it out here at tripadvisor. Asian people beware of the hotel Canada, that is a girl who is very racist. Don't stay there....I would neve forget what this person sad to me: 'madame is not for you, it's for a very special client"... So i guess i wasn't special for her, boohooo for you!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank organdy a
Write a ReviewReviews (1,273)

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I disagree with the Reviews where People are complaining that the Hotel is old. This is a 3 star Hotel with a 10 Minute walk to the Cathedral, it is spotless, rooms look like they have been recently refurbished. Our room and bathroom was modern, fresh, bright, White linen Sheets and towels, a mini bar, desk, TV and Dressing table, massive double bed, very comfortable. Floors are clean Wood effect (not old carpets). What do People expect for this Price in the heart of Milan with a 10 Minute walk to the biggest Tourist attraction in the City! This Hotel exceeded all expectations, for the Price and star Rating i was expecting old and worn out rooms. ALL the reception staff were so friendly, nothing was too much Trouble, we had great tips about where to go and eat. The staff on reception genuinely care and are trying to provide a great Service. I would highly recommend this place for a City trip / Weekend visit. As as for the noise comment below in the other Review - this is Milan, the City is a noisy place. I thought the street this Hotel was located on was a lot quieter than many of the other main streets.

Room Tip: room 302 has a window you can open onto the main street
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Swissmisstraveller
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Great value, the rooms are nice a and modern, king size bed and good breakfast, also very convenient location.
The lobby is a bit underwelming, but once you get to your room you will understand the good ratings.
The staff was also nice and helpful, particularly doriana, thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gterv
Reviewed 9 January 2014

When I tried to ask the receptionist for directions she decided to serve another man standing behind me. She completely ignored me. She kept on helping all the Italian guests and never answered any of my questions. When I told her I've been waiting for awhile she just kept on talking to other Italian guest. I thought that was very rude and racist of her. It was winter when I stayed there and when I came back to the hotel at night the window was wide open and the room was very cold. However the location is great and the rooms are clean. Modern on the inside but very old on the outside.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Alicia A
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We spent three nights at the Canada Hotel and enjoyed our time there. The hotel is as you see on their website. It is very clean and nicely modern. The beds were the most comfortable of any hotel we've stayed at since travelling through Europe. We found the reception staff pleasant and helpful and on the night we arrived the evening receptionist told us about a very nice restaurant about 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Breakfast was good and the staff who served were happy and efficient. It was an easy walk to the Duomo from the hotel - 10-15 minutes. There was plenty of local transport nearby and a supermarket on the next corner. Definitely a good place to stay for a visit to Milan

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ChrissyPA4
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Canada Hotel, is a small, clean and old hotel, the bathrooms are very clean too and actually I think that for a small hotel the bathrooms are big. The breakfast is really nice with a lot to choose from. The people on the front desk and the breakfast area are very nice and helpful. The location is normal is not 5 min walking from the main attractions but if you like to walk is ok. The only problem we had is that the hotel is in a street with a lot of traffic so is very noise, and also we went in fall so they didn't turn on the central air conditioner and it was hot, that is a big problem when you get back from a long day of walking and you can't sleep because of the noise and the heat…..I don't think I will be back to this hotel, but for what we payed for is what we got, so was only ok.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the back of the hotel, the front is in the street with a lot of traffic so is very...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed with my wife for 3 nights in the Canada Hotel Milano.
The hotel is very well situated to visit the city (just 10-15 minutes walking from the Duomo)
The room was cleaned and spacious enough with a sofa but little TV screen. The bed was king size.
The bathroom was also spacious enough.
However the whole impression that stokes you is the oldness of the hotel? Everything look old and should need a refreshment.
To summarize the hotel is good but not at that price even if Milano's hotels look expensive.
Guillaume