“Great one near the duomo”
Review of Canada Hotel

Canada Hotel
Ranked #31 of 428 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 April 2014

It was a great hotel, superb breakfast ... Also it was amazing how generous the staff was everytime I neew help.
Totally recommended hotel for anyone looking for the best price and quality.
Maybe it's not a 4 or 5 star hotel but it was totally clean and neat.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

This is definitely a 3* hotel, so don't expect luxurious surroundings. However, in a city as expensive as milan I think it represents great value.
I found staff to be nothing but helpful - they were friendly and polite, helped me with a package that had been delivered for me and stored my baggage with no problems. They also gave me a discount for a future stay.
Rooms - these are basic but spotlessly clean. Beds were comfy and the bathroom had a great shower and modern fixtures.
There is a free mini bar, fruit in arrival and free wifi. At reception there are snacks which you can help yourself to. Breakfast is basic but included in the price. Service was speedy & decent coffee.
Location - 10 mins max to duomo area. Near a metro stop & the university. Easy to walk around and trams/buses nearby too.
It's not the most glamourous of choices, but if you're on a budget it's a brilliant option. I've stayed in plenty of very expensive hotels in Milan and found my overall experience at hotel canada to be just as satisfying for my needs as a business traveller. I'd definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank HattieC
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed for 2 days for business. Great value compared to other options.
8 mins walk to the Duomo.
Lovely breakfast. Good wireless. Rooms were clean and tidy. When I asked for a restaurant recommendation was given a great list with different options all walking distance. Recommend +++.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for our honeymoon
Hotel is 15 minute walk from aldumo not the best location you can get in milan
The staff was unhelpful at all
I left my cell phone on the taxi and found out just 3 minutes after the taxi dropped me at the hotel
I asked the reception to help me out nd call taxi companies to report that and find out who was the driver that made a trip to canada hotel nd they didnt help
They said forget about ur phone the taxi will steal it anyway !
Upon our arrival they were not helpful too they were busy with i dont know what on the phone !
Plus we booked a smoking room and upon arrival they said that smoking is prohibited in the whole hotel ! I mean what? Then why do u have smoking or nonsmoking options when we book online!
When we told them that were going to complain on booking.com the reciptionist said ok smoke in the room but open the window and try not to activate the smoking alarm !
Are we in school ? :s. Totally unprofessional
The furniture was awful
But to be fare it was clean so if ur looking for a budget friendly clean hotel nd u dont care about anything elese this is the hotel for u .

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ghadeer A
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I've been to Milan in february for the Milan Fashion Week, the trip was great except for one reason, the Hotel Canada was the worst experience that I have in my life. I stayed there for a week, there is girl who works there in the front desk, named by Marina. She is the worst employee, very rude, always with a moody face and everytime we ask a favor, like book a restaurant she was doing like it was a favor. She booked the wrong restaurant for us. And one night there was a ridiculous couple fighting in front of my door by 3 am, so what the hotel did to stop the noise?!!! Nothing... And then came the worst part. Our invitation cards for the runway shows has been deliveried to the hotel, she was lying about the delivery saying it didn't arrive, we were very concern because de Prada Fashion Show was the next day. I called for Prada and they said they deliveried the inivitation cards 2 days ago, this got me so mad... The way she lied... What she was expecting? Going to the show and pretending she was me??? Prada has to called her, and the weird moment was, after Prada called the inivitations cards appeared... like magic! Give me a break!!! After complaining with another employee, she said her manager ask me to write a letter saying about this problems... so this is my letter, you can check it out here at tripadvisor. Asian people beware of the hotel Canada, that is a girl who is very racist. Don't stay there....I would neve forget what this person sad to me: 'madame is not for you, it's for a very special client"... So i guess i wasn't special for her, boohooo for you!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank organdy a
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I disagree with the Reviews where People are complaining that the Hotel is old. This is a 3 star Hotel with a 10 Minute walk to the Cathedral, it is spotless, rooms look like they have been recently refurbished. Our room and bathroom was modern, fresh, bright, White linen Sheets and towels, a mini bar, desk, TV and Dressing table, massive double bed, very comfortable. Floors are clean Wood effect (not old carpets). What do People expect for this Price in the heart of Milan with a 10 Minute walk to the biggest Tourist attraction in the City! This Hotel exceeded all expectations, for the Price and star Rating i was expecting old and worn out rooms. ALL the reception staff were so friendly, nothing was too much Trouble, we had great tips about where to go and eat. The staff on reception genuinely care and are trying to provide a great Service. I would highly recommend this place for a City trip / Weekend visit. As as for the noise comment below in the other Review - this is Milan, the City is a noisy place. I thought the street this Hotel was located on was a lot quieter than many of the other main streets.

Room Tip: room 302 has a window you can open onto the main street