“Better than expected”

Canada Hotel
Ranked #31 of 428 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

After reading the other reviews I was a little anxious about this hotel. However is was absolutely fine for 2 nights in Milan. The staff were helpful, as soon as we checked in they have us a map of the area and pointed out a few things. the location is great. 10/15 mins walk to Duomo. There are 2 metro stops within 5 mins walk. Breakfast included was very good, a lot of choice, and never busy. The alternative is to go and pay to have breakfast somewhere else and at Milans prices, I'd sooner eat at the hotel. For first timers to Milan, we caught the train from the airport to Milan Central €24 for 2 of us, took about 50 mins. Not a long walk at all from the airport to the train. Then at Milan Central got a can rather than the metro, only €10. If I go back to Milan I would have no problem staying in this hotel again. Large bathroom and shower which was powerful, modern clean room. The only downside which didn't really matter was no tea making facilities in the room, and there was only 1 English Channel on the tv which was the news. I just like a bit of back ground noise / tv viewing when getting ready. Overall a good hotel considering I wasn't expecting much. Nearest metro stops are crocetta or missori on the yellow line. Also another small thing I nearly forgot, it was raining a bit on day 2 and as we started to leave the hotel there was a large stand of umbrellas for guest use, a small thing really, but appreciated and helpful.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank baggiesbham

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were looking for a clean, modern hotel within the central circle of Milan, and within walking distance from the main attractions for us which were the Duomo and Last Supper. This hotel ticked those boxes without breaking the bank. Staff were helpful and friendly, providing us with a map and highlighting the main sights including best places to eat and shop. The hotel is fairly basic which allows it to be reasonably priced for its location. A breakfast buffet is included but i recommend going early to get a table because it gets quite busy around 8:30am

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank catmango
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel is quite handy for walking to the main Piazza /Duomo . It is on a busy street opposite university buildings ,so does get quite noisy in the morning . In Milan , as elsewhere in Italy there are always sirens going off . We changed room because there was a fault with the wash basin and our 2nd room was on the side and was much quieter . We moved from 703 to 205 .The rooms are a good size , wardrobes a little small but only there 3 days . Bathroom , apart from problem above was excellent / modern etc . There is a little bar area ... I did not use this but hubby and his friend did have a wine there one night . In this area is a computer and in the afternoon the provide tea/coffee etc and pastries ..a nice touch . There is a breakfast room on the lower floor and it is perfectly adequate . The breakfasts were , in my opinion only average . Staff were pleasant but not what I would call enthusiastic . The manager was very nice and helpful re room change ...more than the receptionist who tried to tell me there was nothing wrong with wash basin despite not seeing it .

Room Tip: Try to get a side room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank comet14
Reviewed 28 April 2014

It was a great hotel, superb breakfast ... Also it was amazing how generous the staff was everytime I neew help.
Totally recommended hotel for anyone looking for the best price and quality.
Maybe it's not a 4 or 5 star hotel but it was totally clean and neat.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

This is definitely a 3* hotel, so don't expect luxurious surroundings. However, in a city as expensive as milan I think it represents great value.
I found staff to be nothing but helpful - they were friendly and polite, helped me with a package that had been delivered for me and stored my baggage with no problems. They also gave me a discount for a future stay.
Rooms - these are basic but spotlessly clean. Beds were comfy and the bathroom had a great shower and modern fixtures.
There is a free mini bar, fruit in arrival and free wifi. At reception there are snacks which you can help yourself to. Breakfast is basic but included in the price. Service was speedy & decent coffee.
Location - 10 mins max to duomo area. Near a metro stop & the university. Easy to walk around and trams/buses nearby too.
It's not the most glamourous of choices, but if you're on a budget it's a brilliant option. I've stayed in plenty of very expensive hotels in Milan and found my overall experience at hotel canada to be just as satisfying for my needs as a business traveller. I'd definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank HattieC
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed for 2 days for business. Great value compared to other options.
8 mins walk to the Duomo.
Lovely breakfast. Good wireless. Rooms were clean and tidy. When I asked for a restaurant recommendation was given a great list with different options all walking distance. Recommend +++.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for our honeymoon
Hotel is 15 minute walk from aldumo not the best location you can get in milan
The staff was unhelpful at all
I left my cell phone on the taxi and found out just 3 minutes after the taxi dropped me at the hotel
I asked the reception to help me out nd call taxi companies to report that and find out who was the driver that made a trip to canada hotel nd they didnt help
They said forget about ur phone the taxi will steal it anyway !
Upon our arrival they were not helpful too they were busy with i dont know what on the phone !
Plus we booked a smoking room and upon arrival they said that smoking is prohibited in the whole hotel ! I mean what? Then why do u have smoking or nonsmoking options when we book online!
When we told them that were going to complain on booking.com the reciptionist said ok smoke in the room but open the window and try not to activate the smoking alarm !
Are we in school ? :s. Totally unprofessional
The furniture was awful
But to be fare it was clean so if ur looking for a budget friendly clean hotel nd u dont care about anything elese this is the hotel for u .

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple