“Real Italian food”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stazione Centrale
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

This is the real Italian food. Simple but with great ingredients. Wine list is also extensive but not at all expensive. Many locals.

There are newer reviews for Osteria del Treno

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Recommended by my colleague. Great food, not at all expensive, visited by locals. No menu outside but prices are good. Not typical italian foods we all find back home in italian restaurants

Reviewed 6 October 2013

My wife and I loved this place. Warm ambience, welcoming staff and owner, delicious food, extremely reasonable prices. The leek lasagna was fantastic as were the chees raviolis. But oh my goodness, the beef cheeks were out of this world. This experience will definitely cause us to seek out more "slow food" restaurants in the future.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I risk being repetitive here ;) Extensive wine list (I had a solid Cabernet Sauvignon from northeastern Italy, by the chalice). Great food, and a super-duper Italian cheese assortment. I had cheese-filled tortelli, battuta di manzo (a sort of veal tartare) and a cheese mix platter with honey and fig jam, plus a ricotta cheese millefeuille (actually only two sheets...). All impressive, except the dessert: it was unusual but I didn't like it. Unfortunately I could not gobble up anything else after that...! Tag was 54 euro, kinda pricey but worth it.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

If you like your pizza, lasagna, or other cheesy saucy dishes then this is not the place for you. If you are a real food lover and happy to try unusual adventurous dishes then its definitely worth a try. Boiled beef cheek for example. In my group of 9 only 2 really enjoyed their meal. I was one of them and I would go back.