“two faces”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stazione Centrale
Reviewed 21 November 2013

To be clear, I like this place, and have been here a number of times.

For lunch it is a busy 'fastish' lunch place for the office worker in the neighbourhood. Worth visiting as it has a great lunch. However, it requires some understanding. Wait in line, pick up your food from the kitchen, go to the table and order your drinks. Limited menu, a couple of pastas, some second, some second and desserts. Atmosphere is noisy, busy, moving…

For dinner, however, it is a very different place. Quiet, relaxed eating following the slow food canons. Great menu and I truly enjoyed the ossobuco. I guess it was one of the better ones I have had. The dessert was fantastic. I shall most definitely go back when I have an opportunity.

Location is decent, away from the centre, but close to the hotel area surrounding the station and piazza republica.

1  Thank srm_56347

Reviewed 7 November 2013

After the good reviews which I read on TA, I was disappointed with this place. The boiled beef cheeks turned out to be beef buttocks boiled with no flavor and served with different sauces. The pasta was forgettable too.
I will not return.

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

This is the real Italian food. Simple but with great ingredients. Wine list is also extensive but not at all expensive. Many locals.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Recommended by my colleague. Great food, not at all expensive, visited by locals. No menu outside but prices are good. Not typical italian foods we all find back home in italian restaurants

Reviewed 6 October 2013

My wife and I loved this place. Warm ambience, welcoming staff and owner, delicious food, extremely reasonable prices. The leek lasagna was fantastic as were the chees raviolis. But oh my goodness, the beef cheeks were out of this world. This experience will definitely cause us to seek out more "slow food" restaurants in the future.