“Great service, excellent dinner, friendly and welcoming owner and staff.”

Ristorante Papa Francesco
Ranked #1,033 of 8,383 Restaurants in Milan
Price range: US$24 - US$47
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro Storico
Description: Traditional Family restaurant from 1980. The best Home made Pasta and dessert. T-bone steak and Fried Calamari and shrimps available every day.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I came across to know about Ristorante Papa Francesco when I was planning my trip to Milan, I made a reservation via email, and Mr. Paolo replied very promptly.

I must say, this was the best part of my Milano weekend getaway (despite shopping and sightseeing).

The service was great, the food was excellent, the staff and the owner (the family who runs the restaurant) were all very friendly, and welcoming. I was very satisfied with the food and hospitality, the food was really nice, in fact I'm still thinking about the food when I'm writing this review.

I loved every bit of the dinner, enjoyed my time in the restaurant and read the people who dined there. It gives you a very warm and family-like feeling when you have dinner there, they make sure you are ok and happy with the food. It feels like home away from home.

I will definitely return if I visit Milano again.

1  Thank Elaine C

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice family run restaurant, great location, friendly staff. I asked where is salmon from - chef shown me photos from the fishing boat where he bought it.

1  Thank Alexandra V
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I usually take dinner at Papa Francesco every time when I travel to Milan since 2003. To me, dining in Papa Francesco is comfortable and relax while the Italian cuisine offered is really good with reasonable price. The standard of food is quite consistent since my first visit. The dishes I tired include pasta with seafood or porcini, Ossobuco, steak, ravioli, etc.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our first day at Milan, we stumbled upon this restaurant and were pleasantly surprised by the fantastic food (cannelloni and ravioli) we had. Quick service, great tasting food and a fun experience.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

My wife and I found this great little street front restaurant by chance when we went for a stroll for drinks and a meal after arriving in Milan. The meal was superb, Seafood spaghetti and Osso Bucco, wine and deserts. Service was helpful, friendly and pleasant. We would definitely go back. Great location.

1  Thank TSBHRN