“The Ugly Betty fashionistas set would have lived here!”

Boscolo Milano, Autograph Collection
Ranked #118 of 427 Hotels in Milan
London
“The Ugly Betty fashionistas set would have lived here!”
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Amazing looking hotel, fantastically planned room. But don't go looking for a kettle in your room, it's too posh for that or so it thinks! You'll have to order room service at 27 Euros a throw for a cup of tea! even on a business trip that is outrageous! and a bummer if your meeting is starting early. This really should be sorted!

If not then don't bother with that, just pop across/behind the street for any number of cafes where you'll get much cheaper tea/coffee and refreshment. For posh and trendy lunch eat at one of the Pecks, try their tasteful version of Harrods food hall. For late night peaceful sitting out and sipping wine and nibbles try the bar Alpanino (opposite the Ferrari shop).

Perfectly situated hotel and a must for anyone wanting to push the boat out and live a dream. Just a shame we didn't get around to using the fab futuristic looking spa.

Staff on reception - the one woman had her act together, but the young men all seemed a bit lost. Chap at entrance lovely!

Would stay there again in a jiffy!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Maeght

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I absolutely loved this restuarant, The best hotel that we have stayed in by far.
Clean, Fresh, looks brand new, friendly service, did I say AMAZING???
Its located in the heart of the city next to all the designer shopping, very good area, and very safe to walk at night. Breakfast is beautifullllllll. In room dining - YUM!!
MUST stay here! trust me, its worth it

Room Tip: whatever you get, it's beautiful......
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Yes, it's pricey. But for a couples trip to Milan - definitley worth the cost. I would leave the kids at home - Milan (and the Boscolo) is for lovers.

Check-in: I've come to never expect my hotel rooms in Europe to be ready before the check-in time. No different here. The bellman stored my luggage as we arrived a few hours early and we returned promptly at the check-in time to be escorted to our rooms.

Staff: Front Desk staff is quick and efficient. The Concierge is gracious and speaks fluent English. The doorman always opens the door for you.

Lobby: The hotel is gorgeous. Modern and totally Milan. Clean and spacious. Very cool. The lobby has a very hip vibe and a many places to rest for awhile or have a quick drink.

Location: We flew into LIN and took a 15 minute cab ride (30 euro) to the hotel. The hotel is perfect for sightseeing at Duomo and all the luxury shops are very close by. Gucci, Miucci and Pucci galore! There are literally 4 Prada stores within a stone's throw. No complaints there! 15-20 minutes walking to Peck, Last Supper and/or Castle Sforza....

Rooms: The rooms are spacious. modern and very sleek. Reminds me of a new hotel in South Beach. I love their bathrooms. There is a toilet (with its own) sink behind a locking door. There is a shower and another sink behind a partition wall. It's actually quite fabulous. The bathroom amenities are plentiful - there are literally about 15 different travel-size toiletries for your consumption. Powerful hairdryer as well. Refreshing rain shower with jets, great pressure and good temp control. The bed was clean, comfortable and felt like home. The only complaint here is that the hotels hallways are marble. It leaves a gorgeous form, but I pretty much heard every last person as they went to sleep and headed out each morning. Not a huge deal though. The hotel had few children there during our stay. The WiFi signal was strong - it better have been - it sure was expensive!

Pool - Gorgeous pool and sauna area in the lower level. Dimly lit.... a very relaxing way to spend the evening after a day of walking around Milan - especially in the summer heat! Very modern, with a dry and steam sauna, lounge chairs facing a video-screen showing landscapes with a matching spa-soundtrack in the background.

Room Service: Please don't! There is too much good food around the hotel to waste a meal. Obika, Cracco, Pizzeria Ischeria to name a few....

Room Tip: Most rooms don't have a view - Ask for one!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JFKtoAMS
Chicago
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We booked our 3 night stay at this hotel through a discount site called “Jetsetter”, after checking other sites and comparing the same nights and category of room, I saved over $400 on my 3night stay. What I received and what I paid made this an exceptional value in an amazing hotel.

Our standard room was large; the bed was one of the best I slept on in Italy, the bathroom was spacious and loaded with all kinds of toiletries, a flat screen TV, and a large desk area made for perfect accommodations. The location was very convenient for walking to many of the must see sights.

The public areas are a bit over the top with modern interior design elements but I didn’t find it unpleasant, anther reviewer described it best, its playful and fun.

Now the question is, if I paid the full hotel rack-rate would I return to this property? Most likely no, for a 5 star property I would have expected everything that I like about the hotel and much more then was offered or available. But I didn’t …so I’m happy.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Found this stylish hotel on one of those new upscale "members only" travel club sites when I was staying in Milan for one night. I've never been in something quite so modern and stylish, and yes, perhaps cold. Marble and steel of various colors throughout the lobby, where staff sit about in not fully formed stations. It wasn't bustling in the lobby. While the hotel is only a few blocks from the Duomo and just around the corner from folls doing their shopping, the street it's on isn't itself particularly populated. As for the rooms, I've never seen hallways and room doors quite like this, each door with a huge phographic imprint of a flower, I think. The room itself is very modern, with a  chair that looks like a giant plastic comforter has been used as a slipcover, room light over the bed that seems to be some sculpture out of white fabric, decorative metal interior window frames and sheer fabric that tastefully filter the "view' of the alley and buildings behind the hotel. The bathroom was also ultramodern, huge open rainshower and hand wand. Actually, given the wall railings next to the toilet and in the shower, and the fact that both the main bathroom and shower areas could each seem to fit a Smart car, I believe I was given a wheelchair-accessible room (not sure if they're all like this). While the big rainshower thing does make it feel like you're showering outside (it that something we've all wanted to do?), the setup is not ideal, with no shelf for bath soap and shampoo, you need to keep squatting down to pick things up from the floor. There's also quite the collection of test tubes and color and number coded bath products enough to make the mad scientist in anyone go wild.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I trust my jet setter. I can count on great quality, service, etc...

If we would have just gotten to this hotel and been able to check in and stay in our booked room, we would have had a great stay and no complaints. if only it was that simple.

when we got there, Boscolo could not find our reservation as they had bumped us without letting us know. apparently the united nations or something was there and needed to stay an extra day...instead of having a plan ready they just said okay so we cant find your room so you'll be at another hotel tonight and then coming back tomorrow right around the corner. we chose this hotel based on convenience only being in milan for a day and a half we wanted to be by the duomo and shopping. we were at the hotel for two hours trying to figure out how to make this right. After a free dinner, breakfast, internet (so we thought), and cab fares to and from the other hotel that was NOT right around the corner but by the train station. three hours later we get to our hotel where we thought we had received an upgrade...apparently we hadn't which we figured out later. we had a nice dinner but were so tired from the 3 wasted hours we came right back to the hotel after dinner and went to bed....only to wake up early instead of sleeping in to REPACK our suitcases and hop in a cab to come right back to boscolo. we arrived before 11 to check in...got up to the room at 1115 and came down for breakfast of which ended at 11. why didn't someone say your free breakfast ends at 11 you should go eat now and check in after. anyways, we get up to our room and there's no internet. we have free internet however you only get internet in the lobby so whats the point i've already now wasted enough time i'm not going to sit on my computer in the lobby when i'm in italy. I did however come down to ask what room class we were in as we were supposed to be upgraded and we were in a deluxe at both places which is what we had booked. The response was "oh good you got what you booked"...not the correct response after all we had been through during the stay. it was too late to upgrade so we asked for assistance getting to the airport or any type of help that could be offered after most definitely not getting what we paid for and all the hassle we went through. apparently the hotel was understaffed, but no one was willing to help or seemed to be phased by the fact that we were in fact not upgraded.

I was very disturbed by the service at this high class hotel. i'm used to staying at places like this and higher and to me, it's services that sets them apart. I will not be staying here in the future or recommending boscolo to any friends traveling to italy.

like i said, if we could have just checked in to our deluxe room initially, we would have been more than pleased. the room was clean and cute as was the hotel.

service not so much. not a good ending to our 16 day trip.

• Stayed June 2011
5 Thank csimons1
london
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We chose this hotel for its Trendy ,Modern Art concept , the SPA and its brilliant location. We stayed for 3 nights on a special Hotel promotion ,3 for 2 nights ( Room only ) . The hotel is set away from the maddening crowds , though it is still only a 2 minute walk from La Scala., Duomo and the main shopping areas. The exterior invites you into a 5 star and you are not disappointed with your first impressions. You don’t know where to look. Its great .
As with many of the previous reviews I agree the staff/service can seem to be a bit distant/off when busy . But if you are patient with them they will do their best to be accommodating . While we did have teething problems with our room ,all the staff dealt with the situation efficiently . We had three room changes but finally we got a room on the 7th floor which had a great view . (Double delux room )
The hotel is young and still has teething problems but if you get it for the right price then its worth it.
Good points:
- Brilliant location - Different - Modern - Well equipped rooms . SPA is Funky

Bad Points;
SPA is very Small and not comfortable - Corridors have no carpets, so every trolley sounded like a train passing (though not often) - WIFI connection should be free as in many 5 star hotels - Minibar far to expensive .
Tips - Request a room on the 7th floor and same side of the building as (Room 716) .
Great Restaurants - BE BOP (Porta Ticinese ) viale col di lana - near Navigli canals - find it , it was certainly worth the effort .
You have to spend a day here - (Day SPA) Not to be missed !!! Terme milano is situated in Piazzale Medaglie d’Oro, 2 corner Via Filippetti, in a historic and architectonic location, opposite to Porta Romana . Terme milano is a Liberty style building comes from the XX century and is located inside the Spanish Walls. Underground: MM3-yellow line, Porta Romana stop

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple