We visited Boscolo in March 2011 (apologies for the late review) when I was pregnant during a work trip for my husband. That all meant that I was alone during the day alot and needed to be in a hotel with (1) good food (2) some entertainment and (3) close to attractions. Boscolo satisfied 1 and 3 and I had originally thought (2) but it seems the indoor pool has so much chlorine put in it daily and during the mid-morning so it was deemed unsafe to swim while pregnant if the chlorine is at such high levels (which seems to be the case with alot of indoor pools). The food and the location, a 5 minute walk from the main shopping area and the Duomo, more than made up for that. The room was lovely, and offered a lovely view of the Duomo itself. The fact that I had to order alot of room service had me notice a few things (pros and cons):
- Food-excellent ! I gained so much weight from the spaghetti and tomato /bolognaise sauce and the veal milanese!
- Service - very good - all waiters were very kind
- Charges - not great - room service had a delivery charge so even when I ordered hot water for my own tea they charged me about 25 Euros. Yes, its crazy. That should definitly stop.
In general, the reception staff and stylish and nice. The concierge are very helpful with cute little pizzerias and places to go. Even the doormen were smiling and chatty. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a hotel that is modern, artsy and yet not over the top to the point we experienced at the Straf (I will have a review on them soon). It did not, however, have free wifi in the rooms, only in the bar below. Also, it would have been nice to have apertivo time be more vibrant - not many attended while in other hotels and bars it was a big occasion. Other than those 2 reasons, and the ridiculous charge for delivery of hot water, I heartily recommend Boscolo. Oh, and breakfast downtairs is definitly worth getting up for - excellent meats, cheeses and other Italian goodies along with tasty staples like soft croissants, pastries and healthy muesli. It is a lovely, relaxing, and fun place to stay. Cool and artsy without compromising comfort! The fact that this is a late review may change some aspects of the pros and cons but I still recommend this hotel regularly to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the elegance of Milan, Italy with a stay at Boscolo Milano, Autograph Collection. Our five-star hotel is extraordinary in every way and a preferred choice among luxury hotels in Milan. We offer first-class accommodations in the city center, near the Duomo, La Scala and Castello Sforzesco. From our location in the vibrant fashion district, you can experience the fine shopping and dining in of our city and top destinations in Milan's city's business hub. Effortlessly stylish accommodations at our hotel are perfect whether you are traveling for work or pleasure. While in Milan, enjoy an intuitively designed guest room or suite with modern furnishings, a pillow-top bed and free Wi-Fi. Some accommodations provide stunning views of the city skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Boscolo Milano, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boscolo Milano Hotel Milan