“Excellent location, modern hotel”

Boscolo Milano, Autograph Collection
Ranked #119 of 428 Hotels in Milan
New York City, New York
“Excellent location, modern hotel”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed here for a weekend on a business trip. The room was pristine -- I was especially impressed with the quality and size of the bathroom/amenities. The hotel is very modern/artsy and well maintained. It's in a great location for shopping/eating and is walking distance from the big tourist sites. Overall experience was very positive and I wish I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel have a nice view of the Duomo.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed last week, room 308. Incredible location, about three blocks from Il Duomo, less than 5 minute walk. The hotel facilities are very nice, rooms are spacious with modern decor and full service restaurants and bars downstairs.

Service was ok, the front desk guys are good but one simple amenity request was never followed up from their end.

The disappointing part was the restroom, the toilet room didn't smell clean at all and the shower would keep flooding. This kept it from me giving it 5 stars.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FJQ2001
San Diego
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed over fashion week to celebrate a special occasion. I emailed the hotel in advance requesting an upgrade if one was available on account of my Marriott Gold status. The hotel replied promptly and informed me that it would be difficult as the hotel was almost full for Fashion Week, but they would do their best. Upon arrival I inquired about availability of an upgrade and was told that suites were available, but it would be an extra 1000 euro per night. I know that I am not entitled to a suite if I did not book one, but as a Marriott Gold member staying over 50 nights per year, a benefit includes complimentary upgrades. It sets a bad tone at the beginning of the stay to be told prior to arrival that an upgrade would be offered if available, then to arrive and find that upgrades are available – but only for 1000 euro. The suite sits empty, so why not just make one of your most loyal customers happy and upgrade them?

From the pictures/description on the hotel’s website, it appears I received the standard room, which was comfortable, although starting to show some wear. The construction in general felt shabby and not of 5 star quality. I was also surprised that there were not any international power adapters in the room or available for loan to guests.

I attempted to sleep starting at 9:30pm on the first night, but was unable to fall asleep until after 2:00am due to extremely loud club music coming from inside of the hotel. I reported the noise to the front desk around midnight and they informed me that there was a special event in the hotel that night and the loud music would go until 1am. I requested to be moved to a different room away from the noise, but was informed nothing was available and that I was the first person to complain about the noise. The music ended up blaring until after 2am, I know because I was awake and unable to sleep the entire time. In addition, I talked to another guest at the hotel the following morning that mentioned they too were also unable to sleep because of the music, had complained to the front desk, and was moved to a lower floor. If the hotel does have an occasional event where they expect loud music to cause a disturbance, they should warn guests when making the reservation, or notify them prior to their stay so that they can make alternative accommodations. I would suggest that anyone staying in the future contact the hotel prior to their stay and ask if there will be any events where music will disturb guests. The music WILL filter through the hotel down the centrally located elevator shaft to your room.

The only redeeming quality of the hotel is its central location to the sights of Milan. The next time I stay in Milan I will stay at a true 5 star hotel such as the Park Hyatt or Four Seasons.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Robert D
Barbara G, General Manager at Boscolo Milano, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear guest

we are very sorry we did not match your expectations and for the inconvenient you did experience.
We do reserve a special treatment for all the Elite Member and especially our gold and platinum Marriott Member. Unfortunately there are some special peak season period, where we are unable to offer a free upgrade or a late check out but we wish to welcome you back in Milano to offer you a special suite experience
As for the party we do apologize for the disturb you suffer from. We do not have a private club, and that was an extraordinary private event.
But when we welcome some special event in Hotel like Art Exhibition, live music or parties, we always involve our guest, and alert them in order to have them participating as special guests to the party or cocktail first of all.

anyway I renew my invitation to come again in Milano. Please inform me directly in order to organize for you a special welcome and VIP treatment
Best regards

Barbara Gibellini
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We' ve been in this hotel several times and the quality of service is declining!!!
Although the location of the hotel is good, closed to Al Duomo and city center, the design is nice but tired: need to be refreshed...
The bathrooms are a nightmare for ladies with long hair, impossible to have the right water pressure, dirty in the corners, no bathtub: Unbelievable for a 5 stars hotel!!!! No need 7 pillows , it is better to provide a good and CLEAN one!!!!!! Towels need to renew, too much bobbles...
Staff are just doing the minimum, some of them do not speak or understand English, Housekeeping lazy and no vacuum cleaner in the bedrooms, no attention, no customized services!!!
Please is there a Manager????
Avoid this place, the competitors offer better for the same price!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are noisy, the car parking is closed to them... Choose a bedroom with TV with a good connexio...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gaihera
NYC
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I was a little nervousness staying at this hotel because we really wanted a traditional hotel but we couldn't ask for more! The room we reserved (Duomo Suite) was just perfect! It was very spacious, the breakfast every morning was delicious bad it's in the center of everything!! The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely consider this hotel again! The spa was very large and just a nice way to relax at the end of a hectic day.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank nyctravel77
Morristown, NJ
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We wanted to love this hotel over Valentine's weekend in Milan but constantly felt very frustrated. First, there is very poor service at this hotel. Try calling the guest service line and 9 out of 10 times it is busy. When we called for extra towels, they never showed up. 45 minutes later we call again and they promise the towels are "on their way". They never showed up. When we later in the day called to explain our experience there was no attempt by anyone in management to understand what could have happened.

We also desperately needed US adapters for our electronics as we had forgotten them. Asked many times but the hotel was out. I've never stayed at a hotel that is supposed to be top class where this was unavailable. They should have many, many extras lying around. It's inexcusable.

As others have said, the room decor is strange (we were in a "deluxe") but I'm not going to knock it too much because you know that before booking. I do find it very disappointing that you don't get a single bottle of complementary water. Also, the shower/sink area is in an open space with no door as a warning to those with families or staying as friends.

Overall, I wouldn't stay here again. The only worthwhile quality of the hotel is the quiet location close to Duomo. But there are better choices in Milan and if you're looking for 4/5 star comfort you are better off staying elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neil_in_Morristown
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We loved everything about this hotel. The staff was first rate - polite, helpful, pleasant. The location was perfect for a tourist stay in Milan. We had a view of the Duomo from our room (with balcony!).

The decor was unique, modern, and fun. Restaurant served delicious food. The rooms were so much fun! They had the BEST toiletries. I've never had so much fun in a hotel bathroom - the shower is big and fabulous, and they gave you tons of soaps etc to choose from.

I would love to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo