“A sweet break in Milan's downtown”
Review of RivaReno

RivaReno
Ranked #61 of 462 Dessert in Milan
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Navigli
Reviewed 25 July 2010

A few steps from Brera Art Academy,in the trendy and still characterful Brera area,
precisely in via Mercato,I recently stepped into RivaReno asking for a vanilla/coffee
icecream.
The guy was no more than formal,frankly he looked even colder than the stuff he was selling...but who bothers ! No remarks about the icecream :all in all a good product from quality components.
Just let me say that,as well as several quality icecreams,it tastes as excessively fat and a bit too heavy.So I'll go for the small cup next time...!

Reviewed 1 July 2010

And one of them is Riva Reno! Hands down the best gelato that has touched my lips. I've travelled all over Italia and Milano has this hidden gem waiting in two locations, via Mercato and viale Col di Lana. If you want rich, high quality, succulent gelato, it here you shall find it. I don't go anywhere else for gelato. The service is top, always with a smile and the product speaks for itself. I recommend this as a sure stop in Milano.

2  Thank TCOYDS
Reviewed 28 June 2010

We visited this gelateria as it was described as the best in town but were disappointed. Like almost all gelaterias the icecream was good but nothing special. A bit too creamy on the fat side and a good but normal taste. After a long walk we were a bit of a deception... Not worth the detour.

Reviewed 1 June 2010

One of my favorite things about traveling through Italy is the vast amount of gelato you can find on almost any street or piazza. Amongst the pleathora of good gelato, there are occasional standouts. Within the "standout" gelaterias, there is one place that beats them all. Rivareno has the best gelato I have ever tasted. Try mixing a classic fruit flavor with one of their fantastic original flavors like, San Luca (White chocolate with Rice Krispies).

2  Thank ramos9
Reviewed 26 May 2010

and Alice....and coffee and melon too. OMG....A few years back while bored out of my mind during a summer in Milan I decided to start a search for the best gelateria in Milan. My love for icecream and actually all things made well led me to this fantastic place. I went a few times but the distance from my apartment made those visits too few. And then...........one day a friend asked me if i had tried the new icecream shop on Via Mercato...........new icecream shop and I didnt know about it???? What a wonderful surprise to find that it was Rivareno. I've been in so many times i now know everyone. The owners are wonderful!! and its never a problem to ask to try a flavo ur (hmmm hmmm Il massimo del gelato while i was pregnant commented after i asked to try ONE flavour....one!!! of course I havent been back!)
Go and try it!! The flavours are original and wonderful. Coffee has dark chocolate chunks!! Ahhhh once at the other location they had persimon flavour and that was amazing as well!

1  Thank adrianaspat