“Best start to a holiday!”
Review of UNA Maison Milano

UNA Maison Milano
Ranked #11 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We found this wonderful hotel via Trip Advisor and what a great find that was. A wonderful start to our European holiday. We were immmediately greeted by friendly staff, who offered us coffee after our long flight and proceeded to show us to our room. The room was bright, very clean, with a lovely big bathroom. We overlooked the street but thick insulated windows meant noise was not a problem at all. And the location was just fantastic! A two minute walk to the Duomo and the centre of Milan. This meant we could sight see all morning and return to our hotel for a rest before setting off again in the afternoon. This was invaluable on a busy trip.
And upon every exit of our hotel we were greeted by the friendly staff - Sylvia, Daniele and Carlo - who were ready to offer assistance if we ever needed it. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Milan and would immediately return there if I travel again to Milan.
p.s. not sure if they had breakfast available as we were not interested, preferring to walk outside and find cafes ourselves. This was so easy and a great way to experience the city.

Room Tip: You can request a room away from the street if you are concerned. However, we had a street view an...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LMat_12
Una_Hotels_Direttore, Direttore at UNA Maison Milano, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your experience about your stay. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel! We hope your travels will bring you again to Milan and we will be glad to welcoming you again in the UNA Hotels world, be well until then

Reviewed 26 May 2012

I wanted a hotel right in the middle of Milan, close to everything. The hotel seemed expensive for 4 stars, and frankly 4 stars in other locations such a Sydney, Bangkok and Grenoble did not have all that much to offer. So I figured all I was paying for was the central location. How wrong was I? This Hotel is much more to offer.

First impressions are of a clean, well decorated and well ordered hotel. Next impression is the helpful and friendly staff. They could not do enough for us, they even plied us with coffee or tea and muffins while we waited for cabs or friends and did not want to be paid f0or the service, It all seemed part of the graciousness of the operation and quality of their people.

The next impression were the rooms, and yes they did listen to and act on our requests when we booked. I wanted a quite room so that's what I got. My friends wanted a room right over the street so that;s what we got. We all wanted to be on the same floor and that's what we got (other hotels please take note!).

The rooms were anything but 4 star. They would put most 5 star hotels in Australia to shame. My room was in fact 3 rooms. A small sitting room with TV and cupboards, a bed room with large bed, desk and TV and a bathroom with a powder room. My friends rooms were different again, one with wide open but integrated spaces and the other room comprising two rooms with bedroom and sitting room combined.

Yes the bed was European style, a little firm, which is not an issue for me. But it is probably soft enough for those preferring a sink in experience to appreciate.

The room facilities were excellent, right down to good quality and abundant supply of bath salts. The only thing that would make this aspect better would be a spa, but then this is a 4 not a 5 star hotel.

On the down side the lobby is quite small and a little crowded, we did have to pay for internet connection if I remember correctly and there was no real gym or pool. Despite this, the hotel excels in what it does provide and and as long as you accept these sort comings it is worth a rating of excellent.

So would I recommend this hotel? You bet! Would I stay there again? There is no question of it, I surely will.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem good. If you like privacy go for a room with a separated sleeping area like the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Zalton101

Reviewed 25 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Una Maison as the last stop on a 16 day trip through Italy. We were a bit weary but became reenergized largely through the terrific reception we received and the top quality accommodations. We found the staff universally intent on making our stay a positive one. They positively problem solved a minor issue we had with the shower and were always helpful without being intrusive. The location was excellent for visiting all the Milan highlights. When we return to Milan we will definitely stay here once more. A plus staff, facilities and location.

John N.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed equally excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 May 2012

We recently spent 3 nights in one of the Junior suites at UNA Maison Milano and were absolutely delighted with the experience. The suite was huge, beautifully furnished in sleek modern Milan style. The staff were extremely friendly and efficient, making us feel like guests in a beautiful home rather than hotel guests.
Bathroom toiletries were excellent quality and the best we experienced anywhere in Italy. Breakfasts are enormous so there was always something special to put in the fridge for later in the day - Danone probiotics included in the breakfast were greatly appreciated. The location is excellent - 2 minutes to the Duomo and Gallerie Vittoria Emanuele. If ever we're in Milan again we would certainly stay at this UNA Maison.

Room Tip: Room 455 is an excellent choice
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 May 2012

The room I was given was very spacious, clean and pleasant. The staff were very helpful - I changed the dates of my reservation at the last minute and they also helped me organise my next train - though seemed quite young and at times inexperienced. The cost of wifi was terrible! I would never have paid such a high price for wifi if I didn't need to inform family of important changes to my travel plans. Pets are allowed and I could hear one barking in the early hours of the morning.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Dear Guest thank you for sharing your experience about your stay. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel Thanks for your notes you have given us the opportunity to continue to improve our services. We hope your travels will bring you again to Milan and we will be glad to welcoming you again

Reviewed 6 May 2012

If you need a comfortable hotel right in the center of Milano, take a look at the UNA Maison.
It is located cross the street from the Duomo cathedral. The Galleria and the shopping area of via Dante and via Torino are just few meters away while the high street "Quadrilatero della Moda" shopping area is somehow more distant.
The entrance is really small, as it is the lobby, with its essential decor.
All staff is really friendly and tries to make you feel at home.
Rooms are big enough and clean.
If you are lucky, you may get a free upgrade to the next available superior room.
All in all, if you need a base for a week end of shopping in Milan, I recommend this hotel.
If you come for business, the nearby subway station may provide convenient transportation.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BergamoFamily

Reviewed 6 May 2012

I loved this hotel. It has a chic and modern feel without overdoing it. Our junior suite room was perfect and the bathroom was spacious. They provide the most extensive selection of toiletry I have ever seen and everything was in elaborate plastic case which I thought was unnecessary. The breakfast was also very good and more than generous.

Most of all, the staff at the front desk could not have been nicer. They were all so cheerful and helpful. The location is very convenient and the metro is practically right outside the front door. I would not hesitate to stay here again for my next trip to Milan!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family