“Top Notch Location and Modern Rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of UNA Maison Milano

UNA Maison Milano
Ranked #12 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Hong Kong
“Top Notch Location and Modern Rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Pros
- The Location... It was absolutely perfect! I don't think it can get any better. You are only a stone throw's away from the Duomo Square, and there are so many designer brands, restaurants, cafes, taxi station, metro station nearby at very close proximity
- Complimentary wireless internet
- Service was great and friendly from all staff
- Room decor was classic, modern and warm
- Room was very clean as well
- Room size was quite larges - I would say around 35 sqm for the Superior Room that I stayed at
- Snacks and candies at entrance foyer area

Cons
- Nothing that I could think of. Some people mention elevator wait, but I don't see it as a problem. Yes it's small and there's only one - but it's more than adequate for 27-room property and staircases connecting all floors
-Rates are more expensive than the ones near the Central Train Station, three times as much in my case (100 VS 300 EUR), but I'm happy not to trade that for the convenience.

Highly recommend this property! I would definitely stay here again when I am in Milan.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank kceesse

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

The lobby of the hotel is small and was crowded when we arrived and I thought "not for me" but thereafter everything was exceptional
We were offered coffee on arrival and even though for some reason our package did not include wifi the manager automatically included it
Our rooms were not ready as we arrived early so we went out and on our return we were upgraded to a junior suite which was totally unexpected
You almost cannot tell who is the manager , porter, waiter etc as everyone was so unbelievably helpful
Well done UNA Maison you deserve your good rating

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeremy812
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel in June 2010 not long after it opened. It remains one of the best rooms I’ve ‎stayed in. I was fortunate enough to be upgraded to a superior room and my parents were upgraded ‎to a junior suite. I preferred my room to theirs. It had two Juliette balconies and felt very spacious. ‎The bathroom was big with a bath and separate shower. Toiletries were excellent. We were made to ‎feel very welcome upon arrival (we were offered a drink which we thought was complimentary, but it ‎was added to our bill at the end – not that I’m complaining (although it was a bit crafty) as it was a nice ‎start to our break). The staff were extremely helpful and the location was fantastic. With the Duomo ‎and Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II on your doorstep we were only a short walk from the main shopping ‎streets and probably a 20 minute walk to the canal district (where we ate dinner). I’ve visited Milan ‎many times and I would definitely stay in this hotel again when I return.‎

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lucy M
Milan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is our 3rd time at Una Maison Milano, everything was perfect. I would recommend this hotel, in a prime location for everything, the staff are extremely helpful and friendly.Wonderful stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank dmccor
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had a 'superior room' which turned out to have both a sitting room with separate TV and TWO armchairs. All very compact but it was just 3-4 doors from the main Piazza and Cathedral. Oh what a great location. It was expensive, but having only 2 nights to see Milan it was a great decision as we were able to walk and walk and walk then duck back for a break and we saved on taxi fares.

Service was exceptional - there was nothing that they would not do for us, The room was very comfortable and everything worked as designed.

Sure the entrance was a single doorway and the lobby was tiny, but the staff made up for that..and besides we were not paying for a flash lobby.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sbadert
Washington DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed at Una for 4 nights.
The location, and quality of the rooms, other people have mentioned.
But what made our trip even more special were the restaurants and locations to visit, outside of touristic areas, recommended by the hotel personnel.
Specially, Carlo and Kenneth were very helpful.
In fact the restaurants we went to were all recommended by Carlo.
You can hear the rumble of the trains in the early morning but this center city and it is to be expected.
We will come back here when in Milan.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is a lovely small hotel in an excellent location, only meters from the Duomo and great shopping. On arrival around 10am the staff knew my name as soon as we walked in, had both rooms ready for an early check in and upgraded one of our rooms. I asked for the two rooms to be close to each other and they were. The staff were very welcoming and helpful, the rooms were clean and stylish and the beds comfortable. We asked for a recommendation for dinner, they booked a table for us in a very nice restaurant and we were given complimentary champagne and appetisers on arrival.

We only wish we could have stayed for longer, it was a very pleasant experience and I felt the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome.

We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family