“Enjoyable evening”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I was taken here by a local business colleague who uses this a lot and so has a intimate knowledge of the menu as well as the wine list - this made a big difference!
I don't know about you but whenever I go to a new restaurant, regardless of whether I have tasted the cuisine in another place or even a different country, I am never sure what to order and invariably feel a little disappointed.
The restaurant is in a busy area of Milan with plenty of other eating choices (Tip: Take a taxi or walk as if you are driving looking for a parking space this will drive you nuts!!) around and my host for the night said that prices are always on the high side in this area because it is a popular spot.
I can't comment on value for money as my host took care of the bill.
Service was fast and friendly which I think also was down to my host but maybe it would have been the same if I was alone ....
Tasty authentic Italian cooking and the wine was excellent.
Wort a trip if you are in this area of Milan.

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a Saturday night after a recommendation from a friend, he frequents the place regularly & claimed, 'you can't go to Milano & not eat here!'
He certainly wasn't wrong! We vaguely ordered from the menu but asked the waiter, who also turned out to be the owner, to recommend something - if you're keen to give whatever the waiter recommends a go & you're not bothered by the price, order this way!! We had mozzarella - very simple, served with a single basil leaf, balsamic, oil & a pinch of salt, it is unbelievable how delicious such a simple dish can taste when the ingredients are of the finest quality.
We then had a plate of dried meats, also recommended & loved that too. For main, my friend said we must have the chateaubriand, so we, of course, tried that. Wow...I'm not sure I can find words to describe how delicious the meat was. We ordered medium rare & it was the best medium rare steak I have ever eaten, hands down!! The quality of the beef was evident, it had clearly been well hung & rested before it arrived at our table. The balsamic jelly served with the beef along with the potatoes was simple but delicious! We both thoroughly enjoyed the main!
Although we hardly had room for dessert we ordered away! One tiramisu & one creme brûlée later accompanied by some espressos we were well & truly stuffed.
Everything we ate & drank here was superb, I could not fault a single thing...the service was exceptional.
If you are in Milan you must have dinner at this place, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

The seafood is really fresh and tartars are delicious. I highly recommend the tuna one. First courses are very good, they know how to mix different ingredients very well. I had tagliolini with mushroom, pumpkin puré and basil, it was just to die for!
Cold cuts are of very high quality too.
The only downside is that it's quite expensive but absolutely worth it, especially for the excellent quality of food.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Service was great. Nice guy from Macedonia.

First course pasta alle funghi porcini. Acceptable but slightly undercooked in my opinion.

Main I had the tartar beef. Good portion and tasted as it should.

Dessert = CHEESECAKE. This cheesecake blew my mind. Amazing creamy texture. Slightly sour after taste as it should be. Worth the trip just for this.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was my third trip to Casa Lucia and it was the best yet. On previous trips i have found that we are stuck at the back of the dining area and only see waiters rushing around. During this trip we sat by the bar so you could see passers by and the street but also had the ambiance of being in the restaurant.

The food was amazing as usual and they have a fantastic wine menu (Gavi is wonderful!)

Staff are very friendly and when asked, will explain the menu.

This place is great for people watching, i am told its a stylish place to go and eat and i believe them :)

1  Thank SamHeu