“Very good hotel in Milan”

Hotel RossoVino - Milan
Ranked #166 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Krakow
“Very good hotel in Milan”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Very good location, close to the center and to all the attractions. Good connections by bus and tram. There is a supermarket just accross the street. Clean and cosy room, it was cleaned every day. It was very nice that there is a small fridge in the room and hairdryer in the bathroom. There was a problem with the bathroom door in the room, but we received the option to change the room or get a discount for this - very fair. We received a bottle of red wine as a gift at the beginning of our stay, and a map of the city. Very friendly and helpful staff, definitely recommend Hotel RossoVino!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We opted a room with a shared bathroom to save money - the toilet seat was missing so not the most hygienic of options. Was pleasantly surprised when hot water came from the shower.

Cigarette burn and stains on the bedding and dirty curtains. Ok, it's not the end of the world but it wasn't a pleasant and comfortable stay by any stretch of the imagination and we are used to staying in hostels.

Not very central, we walked and it took half an hour to reach the centre (We are healthy and in our twenties) and we were very mislead with the parking. We booked private parking via email with the guy who runs it which he emailed us confirmation of, but he gave it to someone else before we arrived so we had to struggle to find a space on the street around the corner, in a less than desirable area. Private parking actually referred to a space in the private street out the front of the building as opposed to an actual car park.

Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Check if they've replaced the toilet seat before you go for a shared bathroom!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Sankt Peter-Ording, Germany
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed at RossoVino once. And i can say that hotel is good, very clean and location is good. BUT! I booked 6 days (it was month ago before my trip), but when i came to a hotel, my plans changed and i told to a man on reception when i had check-in that my plans is changed and i will stay only 2 nights in Milano, next days i will not be here in Milano, i will go to another city on 3 days and when i back to Milano I need one night here. So i can pay for first 2 nights and last one, becouse I WILL NOT BE IN MILANO whole week. I know that u can cancell a booking one day before check-in. So he can just cancell a days which i didn't need. A man on reception sayd NO! YOU MUST PAID FOR WHOLE 6 days! Even if u will not to be here 3 days! I PAID for 6 nights, I spent 2 nights and came back on last night. And it was very unpleasant surprise when i came back in that hostel. I opened the door in hostel and said “hello” to this man on reception, and saw his surprised face and he immediately became nervous, i asked “what”? He told me that didn’t thought that i'll be back, so he gave my bed to another girl(coz my bed was empty!), and he has no bed for me now.
I said “What is the nonsense? How? How can u gave my bed to another girl, if i PAID FOR IT? I laid my jeans on the bed and i had left my things in the cupboard 3 days ago, and where is it all now? ’’ He said what he thought what I’m check out. Hah! Then i said “ so does it not seem strange to you that i left my things in the room and i have a keys to the room and we talked about what i'm going away for a couple of days before,when i had check-inn. And i said anything on Russian language like “what the hell?” And he said me DON’T SPEAK ON RUSSIAN! Ha-ha-ha, i said if i want speak on Russian i will speak on Russian!!! It was crazy!CRAZY! I asked where is my jeans and another things? He bring me up to the room, and opened a door to the room. And i saw 3 bed with 4 people! Ha-ha-ha! He is clever man, natural business man, placed on a one bad 2 people and got money for 2 person, and got money twice from my bed!!
He said me “look we don’t have a bed for u now!” I said I DON’ T CARE, I’M TIRED! THIS IS NOT MY PROBLEM! IT’S YOUR PROBLEM MAN!!! MAYBE MY ENGLISH IS SO BAD, AND U JUST DON’T UNDERSTAND ME?
And he said “ no your English is not bad! You are bad person!” Duuuh, it was HORRIBLE!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank courtneylemoni l
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Very close to transit which is extreamly nice. I didnt expect to much since the price was average to other hostels I stayed with and had mixed results. Supprizenly the rooms where quite and came with soap and shower gell and had wifi even on the top floor. Down side to the top floor was there is no elevator, only stairs. The staff was really helpful in giving us guide of how to go around the area. Sadly the staff is there only durring the day so at night so could be a bit unsafe. The beds where super comfy, breakfast was a plus.
All said i would go back to this place again, the stay made by location and staf was plesent.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Our trip to Milano was a really nice experience! Especially the hotel owner made it very pleasant for us because he was so friendly and helped us with many things! Also the free bottle of wine was a nice extra :) I would go there again!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Inekevdh
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 4 May 2011

I made a reservation at Hotel RossoVino, one month ago. Next day, they've sent me an e-mail about they did a mistake, and the price of the room is higher (3x), than the earlier price. I didn't want to pay this price, so I've asked them to pay the reservation fee back. They still haven't sent me it back...Don't trust them!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
8 Thank Fanni88
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 22 March 2011

situated in a private street which was really quiet and peaceful ,
the area was well served : lot of bars and food shop
The staff was really helpful in giving us guide of how to go around the area.
super clean and comfu beds... Very close to the bus station and metros which made it really convenient. Breakfast was great too!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business