“Comfortable with added extras”
Review of MiHotel

MiHotel
Ranked #217 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed at the MiHotel for 4 nights whilst attending a course nearby. The hotel was comfortable. Quite small in the lobby, restaurant and breakfast room and when it did get busy later in the week it was a bit of a jostle.
The rooms we small but comfortable and very clean. The memory foam pillow was a bit of a shock to the system but I got used to it in the end.
The were some great added extras such as a free drink in the evening and some nibbles. There was a free shuttle bus to the city but we didn't make use of it, instead opting to try the local trams.
There was a good selection for breakfast but the breakfast room was small and a bit cramped at busy times.
We ate in the restaurant on the first evening and whilst the quality of the food was good, it was overpriced. The most expensive but not the best meal we had during our stay.
It is in a bit of a strange position and it is about 10 minute walk from the nearest tram stop and the main street.
Overall a good quality hotel but not close to anything.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We have just stayed there for one night. Good sized room. Very nice breakfast. Very kind staff. Free park. One special and nice thing are the free sodas and water. The location is not so good, a litlle far from the city centre. All in all we liked our stay and can easily recommend Mihotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Generally speaking is a good hotel, personally I didn't like the room style (the combination of a pale yellow and a pale green), but the room is clean, the sleep quality was perfect, and there was absolutely no noise at all coming from the street.
Breakfast is ok, the Parma ham was amazing; then you have a free aperitivo during the evening; in the room there is no minibar just because there is a fridge in the corridor where you can take water and soft drinks for free.
There is also hot steam bath, and a small gym (but I didn't use it).
Position is poor, since you have to walk 10 minutes to reach the bus stop or even more if you want a tube station (but hotel provides a shuttle service). The neighborhood are so and so, if you need a good restaurant (there is one in the hotel but I didn't try it) you have to walk at least 1 km.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend, and what seemed to be a great stay turned out to be a humiliating experience. The day we arrived, the receptionist was quite kind and told us that they have enough rooms available, so if we want to keep it another hour or so on Sunday, is fine. The next day, after breakfast, I went to ask if is OK to leave the room half an hour later, and the receptionist said this is quite an exceptional situation and we should not overpass that half an hour and asked us to pay upfront. When she saw we get the card out, she suddenly refused to make the payment and said that we can pay when we leave.
Such a pity with staff like this, as the hotel is otherwise not bad.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2013

After reading the reviews about this hotel we were slightly concerned especially as I would be there on my own whilst my husband was at a conference. Getting into Milan was easy I even walked there and back the first day, staff were very helpful, rooms bright clean and had everything you needed. It was a pleasant change to be able to have a drink when you wanted one without having to pay over the top prices, would I recommend it ... YES absolutley.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This is the sort of hotel you will like if people matter to you.. There is something very warm and generous in the air there. My room (superior single) was small but quiet and clean. It is far from public transport ( 10mns to bus) .wonderful eccentric restaurant Trattoria Morivione is 4 minutes away. I couldn't work in my room but they have a lovely area out front which I used. The TV didn't appear to have any English channels but the Internet reception was first class.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2013

It was no problem to arrive in the night because of my late plane.
My boyfriend and me felt very comfortable. The staff was totally friendly and helpful.
There was a fridge with free nonalcaholic drinks. We could also use the bar for free.
The breakfast was diversified and made my hungry boyfriend satisfied.
The rooms were tidy and comfortable.
I can't say anything about the way to Milan because we travelled by car. And going by car means you have to search for a parking space. It needed ten minutes until we found it.
The price-performance ratio is amazing!

I am totally satisfied and next time when I will visit Milan I will return to MiHotel. I would recommend the MiHotel to my friends and many other people.

Thanks for the good time!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple