“Wonderful food, amazing service”

L'Immagine Ristorante Bistrot
Ranked #14 of 8,273 Restaurants in Milan
Price range: US$19 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open since 1988
“Wonderful food, amazing service”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I took my parents out on our second night in Milan to L'Immagine. After a 10 minute taxi ride (very manageable) we arrived at a this very cozy restaurant with whimsical jars of candy mad bowls of fruit on the table. Our server spoke very good English and she was extremely helpful and entertaining. Immediately after ordering, we were brought some meatballs to try on the house. They were amazing! We shared a bottle of wine that the server recommended (I was skeptical as my parents are a bit of wine snobs and this was not a wine they had tried before) and it was awesome! The waitress knew about how it was made and explained it to us very well. Our antipasti was simple, elegant and tasty. The pastas came and all three of us liked each other's more than our own (I highly recommend sharing the pastas so you can try many different kinds). They were all eaten leisurely without feeling rushed at all. Finally we ordered dessert, I got the passion fruit panna cotta and my parents shared the tiramisu. They brought us a carafe of limoncello on the house, so we snacked and chatted over that for a good long while. Our bill was very good value and we left feeling very happy with what we had gotten for the price we paid. The time came to leave and they called us a taxi. Overall amazing experience and we will definitely be back when we find ourselves in Milan again.

• Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
Bawtry, United Kingdom
“Bellisimo”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We ate here four times in the week.
I loved it, the menu is perfect for me .
The ravioli with truffle is the stuff of dreams, scallops and wild mushrooms a close second.
Pre dinner drink selection is very good, special touches make this place a must if you get the chance.
Stunning city too
Hope to be back next year!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Sue F
Antwerp, Belgium
“Excellent price / quality”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We got this restaurant recommended at the hotel we stayed. We enjoyed the restaurant very much. Service is very good and very friendly. The food is very nice with very fresh and good ingredients. We paid 80 euro for 2 adults and 1 child and we had too much this restaurant is truly a hidden gem. We would definitely revisit this place again.

Visited July 2014
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
“Love Love Love”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband goes to Milan quite regularly for work and he constantly raved about this restaurant, like did not shut up about it. So when we had a spare day up our sleeve on our holiday we made a special trip specifically to this restaurant.
I was a little sceptical at first... there are lolly jars on all the tables, its no where near the centre of town and it was decorated like I imagine an italian grandmothers house would be. It had great atmosphere, amazing staff and incredible food! I was blown away with the service and (i am assuming) complimentary bibs and bobs and the bottle of limoncello for desert!! It pretty much sums up how i feel hospitality should be like!

Highly recommend that if you happen to have a free night, and happy to travel the 20 or so mins out of the city. Head to this restaurant with its quirky decor and relaxed vibe.

Hands down the best restaurant I went to in my 3 weeks in Europe!!

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Rachael L
“Real italian experience!!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We found this restaurant by mistake, walking in the small streets in Milan. We were recieved inside with Prosseco in a very familiar, warm atmosphere.. They add all kind on goodies to your table and make you feel like you are in a real italian family kitchen. Since that time, we havent experienced such a cozy atmosphere in a restaurant, no mattet how much we searched everywhere we travelled! We always compare to L'Immagine...
If you are in Milan and didnt try it, it's like not visiting the Dome!