“the best place in Milan!”
Review of Pizzeria La Vela

Pizzeria La Vela
Ranked #1,596 of 8,274 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tehran
“the best place in Milan!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

we went there when walking around to find a place to eat and drink.it was close to our hotel (Starhotel business palace).
the restaurant is a local one(not high class nor touristy).when enter, a warm welcoming from an Italian lady with a nice smile.the atmosphere is really warm and friendly with interesting marine decor.the menu is varied,pizza,pasta,sea food,beef,....
they serve a delicious home made wine.the chef is also an Italian.it was really important to us when eating in Italy and see the chef is Italian (not indian,bangladesh,chinees,african...) because we want to see the natives when going to an ancient country.
the prices was so reasonable. 2complete dishes+ a bottle of home made wine was 32euro.
we went there again for our second dinner and it was great again.highly recommended.

• Visited April 2014

Venice, Italy
“Warm welcome and best quality / cost ratio”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent pizza and seafood. The place is small and quiet, perfect to relax after a long day. This is my first choice when I go to Milan for work. I feel like to be at home!

Stapleford, United Kingdom
“A life-saving restaurant”
Reviewed 23 November 2012

It was the one of very few restaurants near the hotel where I was staying where I truly enjoyed my meal. Unpretentious small and simple, we ended up eating there as the nearby Pizzeria del Sole recommended by the receptionist was closed. Really tasty pizzas, nice warm atmosphere of a chalet in the mountains rather than a seafood restaurant as the name suggests.

Visited November 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Culinary surprise”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

My partner and I had dinner here last week. We came here because our hotel was near by. This cozy restaurant supplied us with the best prosciutto e mozeralla as entree, ah so good... This and the pizza were the highlights as the cheeses they used were just so fresh. we had pasta too, still very nice, mine maybe a bit salty. The value was excellent with wine, beer, salad, 2x pasta, proscuitto & mozzarella, 1 large pizza and bread basket giving us change from 50 euros... If your in the area it's definable worth considering

cambridge uk
“Don't think about it - just go!”
Reviewed 3 March 2011

I was recommended this trattoria from my hotel reception. Be careful to look for it or you might very well miss it - look for the lantern outside :-)

What a lovely surprise it was! This is the sort of place which has made Italy famous for its hospitality, great cuisine and home cooked food - a thing which is quite hard to find in Milan now!

The service was lovely and the food was wonderful. I Ialso had half a litre of very drinkable wine for €4 - when I had been paying between €6-€10 just for a beer everywhere else I was so pleased to find this very small and family run place.

I am vegetarian and so usually have to have the same plate of grilled vegatables or pizza off an Italian menu but was really pleased ot see this place offered a large range of cheeses, some excellent veggie side dishes and lots of other options. It took me a while to decide between their buffalo mozzarelly, foccacia, pizza, salds, bean dishes and soups - needless to say I came away quite full!

I would highly recommend this restaurant if you're in that part of town as being excellent value for money, of a high quality and very friendly. No hesitations - it is well worth a visit!

Visited March 2011