“arrived with a reservation to find it closed”

La Casa di Leonardo
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Milan
La Casa di Leonardo
Ranked #145 of 271 Milan B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“arrived with a reservation to find it closed”
Reviewed 14 March 2011

This is the first complaint/review I’ve made, but I want to ensure no one else gets stuck in the same position. After making a reservation with one of the well known online sites I was surprised to arrive and find this bed and breakfast hidden within a residential apartment block with no outside indication it as B&B. Following assistance from a taxi driver, a neighbour in the same apartment block and the security on the building I was able to confirm we had the correct address and it was used as a bed and breakfast but no one was in during the check in time outlined in the reservation.
Later that evening following two phone calls to the number on the reservation, some help with translation and a phrase book (no English is spoken) I was informed the Bed and Breakfast was closed as the owner was out of town (even though I clearly had a copy of a reservation with me). Unless an email has slipped through my junk folder I have received no contact warning me about this issue and I was therefore stuck in Milan after the tourist offices had closed without accommodation (Whist I did find somewhere else I had to pay significantly more and it was more of a rush to get to the last supper the next morning as it was in a different area).
I might have just been unlucky, but I’ve yet to receive any explanation/apology and don’t know exactly who was at fault (agent and/or B&B), but I just wanted to make people aware there is currently a communication problem somewhere here!

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank blondey421

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Situated in Milan downtown, 50 mt far from the train to Malpensa airport and 100 mt far from the red line underground (the one to Fiera Milano City &exhibitons) in an ancient and nice building, the apartment is a real surprise: beautiful design, different and original rooms, managed by a very kind woman. Rooms are quiet and in general the rate is good.
Really suggested for those coming to Fiera Milano and also for tourists (its position is very comfortable)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Nick8000
Italy
Reviewed 28 March 2010

Charming ancient B&B, excellently located in the heart of Milan, close to the minor (and silent) train station Cadorna (well connected with Malpensa airport). It is managed by an incredibly nice Italian woman, available at any time. The rooms are simple but large and originally decorated, as is the entire apartment (except the bathroom). The breakfast is nicely served, but is quite poor. Sleeping requires a strong commitment as you lay on ridiculously old and thin mattresses placed on hard cheap single beds.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple