“Fabulous fresh food and great service”
Review of Calaluna

Calaluna
Ranked #750 of 8,325 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Porta Venezia
Reviewed 16 June 2013

A return visit after my husband ate here in late 2011. He had really talked it up as typical Sardinian food and was keen to visit before we left Milan to holiday in Sardinia.
The waiter greeted him like a lost relat I've and proceeded to deliver a set of starters; primarily seafood. Beautiful, fresh ingredients with just a little olive oil or fresh dressing. Wonderful pizza bread and thin bread, carta musica. Then an amazing tagliatelle followed by fresh pecorino and honey. The limoncello and Mirta ( blueberry liqueur) were free with lovely biscotti.

The bill was very reasonable for what we ate and the service friendly and welcoming. Love it!

There are newer reviews for Calaluna

Reviewed 16 June 2013

I had dinner in this restaurant a couple of times already and the quality of food was excellent both times. They're specialized in fish and seafood which is always very fresh and well prepared.

Price is reasonable (40-50 EUR for a good dinner with some wine), service is friendly.

Strongly suggested.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We have dinner there twice and the place was full. The atmosphere is cordial and staff speak fluent English.The restaurant is famous for seafood and they are very fresh indeed and are on full display on a refrigerated table. We ordered lobster salad and they just grab one from the display into the kitchen. The cooking is of very high standard and the menu is wide offering both meat and fish main courses. The place is frequented by locals ao it must be good. On both occasions we have a great time sampling different dishes.You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Last week we had the pleasure of having dinner at Calaluna with a business friend. Great food. Excellent ingredients. When you take fish carpaccio as a first course it's not the preparation that makes the dish but the quality of the ingredients. And they were excellent.
The tables are a bit too close too each other for my taste, but that's part of the busy and very international atmosphere. We were surrounded by Italians (obviously), Americans, Russians and Japanese customers. But in no way is this a 'tourist trap'. It's pure Sardinian cuisine based on first choice ingredients. The Sardinian wine was very good too by the way.
The only negative was the ice cream I had for dessert. It clearly wasn't home made and/or was served at a too cold temperature. Yes, I know this sounds absurd, but I mean it was a bit hard and icy instead of being smooth and rich. All in all, I strongly recommend this place if you happen to be in Milan and want to enjoy excellent food in a rather simple and plain decor.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

Had dinner at Calaluna Ristorante night we arrived in Milano. We were staying at the Sheraton Diana Majestic and were looking for a restaurant nearby. I happened to notice as I was waiting to be served that there were souvenirs from Sardegna. Unexpected because my parents are from the island and shortly days after we were departing for Sardegna too. The staff were great and the food was exceptional. I highly recommend the Pappardelle ai funghi porcini. Arrivederci! Giovanna.