“Very good value”

Mercure Milano Solari
Ranked #124 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel with our son for a long week-end. The room was a bit tight with an extra child bed, but not all hotels offer this facility so we were grateful to be able to opt for a cheaper room with an extra roll-away bed for our son.

The room was very well decorated, very clean, with a great bathroom and excellent (huge) king-size bed. The hotel is quiet and we slept extremely well. My sister in Law had a room on the other side of the hotel which was slightly bigger, but no balcony. Also very quiet.

The hoetl is well located, right next to a big park (great for children) but also 5 minutes walk to the metro and 30 seconds walk to the tram (and the best cream shop we found in the whole of Milan!)

The hotel staff could not be faulted for their helpfulness and local knowledge. Always smiling.

The hotel offers two levels of breakfast, and it's free for children. We had the cheaper 'continental' which was plenty.

Overall, given the price of the deal we got (advanced pre-paid booking) I think this hotel offers excellent value. I see other travellers complain about the size of the rooms. Yes they are not huge, but there is plenty of wardrobe space and the beds are huge.

Room Tip: Courtyard side may be slightly more quiet, but overall very quiet part of Milan
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
ValentinaChiarazzo, Sales & Marketing Executive at Mercure Milano Solari, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for your good review, we are very happy that you had a good stay and you enjoyed our hotel.

A special thanks from the Staff of Mercure Milano Solari for your kind compliments!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Best regards.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

we stayed there due to the need to get an international flight out the next day. Its location near one of the two the Malpensa express stations was a great plus and being so close to a park and tram made going to the Duomo a breeze. Friendly staff but some confusion as I booked two rooms in my name and my father in law kept being called my name!! also were asking for my credit card details when i had given them on the booking of both rooms. bit difficult to give them it again from our travel locations but after 4 emails they seem to accept it was impossible to do again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Smart modern hotel. Very comfortable bed, excellent bathroom, quiet location (we were at the back overlooking courtyard). Friendly professional staff. Good location near to metro (sant'agostino). 17 euro taxi fare from central train station.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I have stayed in Mercure Milan for four days. It was my first business trip to Milan and I have chosen the hotel randomly. To my surprise it was better than many others, who belong to most-known brands.
The desk is fine and the hotel looks very modern. I like this style a lot. Everything looks clean and new. From hall to the room, everything was very nice.
A rather small room with a double bed, modernly furnished with elegant bathroom. All the utilities look new and unused. The view from the window showed the backs of the hotel, but it was not important for me. The given cosmetics were OK, but I have seen better. The breakfasts were good and the variety was quite big. The only drawback was the WiFi signal which happened to be low for some of my friends. Fortunately not for me ;-).
The cleaning service was good, maybe even too precise as they kept ordering my things in their way. So I had to replace them each and every day. The room was nice and the stay was very pleasant.
The biggest advantage of the hotel is the area. What I had not knew back then. It is located very close to the Porta Ticinese and the Naviglio which is the river. There is plenty of nice bars and pubs. It is the young part of the city. If I could recommend this hotel to anyone, I definitely would!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel in mid-May 2013. The property is newly renovated and is modern in appearance & function. This is not a large hotel (approximately 50 rooms). The public area and rooms were tidy and clean. WiFi was free & worked great from our room that was situated at the rear of the building overlooking a courtyard. There was some minor noise in the morning related to a small remodeling project in an adjacent building. I was very happy with the location: a short walk from the Metro (Sant'Agostino), the Navigli area just to the south, the central district to the North/NE (Duomo, Teatro La Scala). The receptionist was very professional & helpful; fluent Italian, English & French. I cannot comment on food or drink at this hotel as I had plans to eat elsewhere. One block away, a fantastic spot for morning cappuccino / espresso & pastries . . . . Clivati Pasticceria on Viale Coni Zugna: www.pasticceriaclivati.com (you know it's good when all the locals are there).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The hotel was nice, but its in Milan and difficult to get to with your car. I felt the room was small for the amount of money I paid for it and it was very hot in the room. The breakfast was good. The employees were very friendly and professional.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 5 May 2013

modern hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Cheap hotel for Milan because slightly outside centre area but no problem as very neat underground stop and near Navigil area for bars and restaurants. also some wonderful cafes very close by which I will miss! On Sat a large market is close by which is well worth visiting. Why pay more to stay in city centre when this place is a little modern gem.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
ValentinaChiarazzo, Sales & Marketing Executive at Mercure Milano Solari, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear Guest,

we are very glad that you enjoy your stay here at Mercure Milano Solari and we are ready to welcome you again during your next trip.

See you soon in Milan!