“Had a wonderful 7-night stay”

Mercure Milano Solari
Ranked #115 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Toronto, Canada
“Had a wonderful 7-night stay”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I spent a week at this hotel and had a great time. Front desk was helpful and pleasant, rooms were clean, modern and comfortable. I ate in the restaurant one morning and was satisfied although as a visitor from North America I preferred to adventure out for an espresso and pastry.

The location is excellent - I rode the subway to the Milan conference centre every day, and the subway entrance was a stone's throw of the hotel. Also easy to get into the tourist areas this way.

Nearby food options were great, with Da Luigi being my favourite. There is a gelato place right across the street from the hotel, which was also excellent.

It was a pleasure to walk around the neighbourhood, with families playing in the park and the canal area just to the south.

Friends stayed closer to the conference centre. Although convenient in terms of travel, their spots lacked the vibrancy that surrounded the Mercure.

Overall very satisfied!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
AmelioAurora, Sales & Marketing Executive at Mercure Milano Solari, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your beautiful review. We are glad to know that everything was good and you appreciate it. For us it’s very important to meet Guests expectations ensuring the quality of all the services you expect from a Mercure hotel.

Your beautiful words make us proud and we will be delighted to welcoming you again in our hotel during your next stay in Milano.

A warm greeting from all the Mercure Milano Solari Staff.

Sales & Marketing Executive

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Curitiba, Brazil
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hotel has a good location, the staff is very friendly and provided us all the infos and tips where to go and eat nearby. The room is small but comfortable, clean and recently renewed. The parking fee could be cheaper.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Mr. Paulo,

Thank you for your nice review: it’s a pleasure for us know that everything was to your liking during your stay.

As you could see, our Hotel is situated in a prestigious residential area of Milano, where there are no free parking place on the street. The paying partner public outdoor car park, at the rate of 25 Euro per day, is much cheaper than ones in city center or in any other area of Milano, where parking can be up to 40 Euro without any service: in fact, at the same price our partner car park provides Valet Car Parking, so all the car are picked up by our representative and delivered on request from the same host.

However, we will be delight to welcoming you again in our Hotel during your next trip in Milano.

Best regards,

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I booked a room for a one night stay while attending meetings in Milan. Mercure was close to my meeting's location so it seemed adequate. Same as another reviewer on here, I go a room for limited mobility people, built to make people in wheelchairs have easy accessibility. The room's setup is therefore inaccessible in certain ways. There's a "seat" in the shower so it isn't possible to stand under the shower. The bathroom seat is almost inaccessible, the sink is at the level of my knees (pictures attached). I did not book this room as part of an offer or anything. I paid the full rate, a rate that would be enough to get me a double room elsewhere.

The hotel's excuse was that it was fully booked. The truth is that they overbooked it. I booked 2 days in advance and I saw on Booking that the last booking was 2 hours prior to me checking in that day. They must have given the same type of room to other people as well or I'm very unlucky. The fact remains that if you stay here there's a good chance you'll end up in a room for limited mobility people.

I brought the room's status to the attention of the receptionist who apologized. I have not yet found a market where apologies can be traded for comfort or exchanged for currency.

The receptionist offered me a drink to make up for the room. I refused, because I like to be bought a drink before I get bedded not after.

I imagine the hotel's PR will reply to this and make up an excuse for the room's status. I do not care for such excuses. My advise is do not book here if you value comfort. The hotel isn't cheap so they least it can do is provide adequate service for the money they're charging and they do not do that. Period. An apology for a premeditated decision to rip people off is useless.

I really really hope they do not come back and say "Come back and try us again". Fool me once, Mercure, fool me once.

Room Tip: If for some reason you have to stay here make sure you don't end up in a limited mobility room...
2 Thank hhourani
Dear Mr. Elhourani,

Thank you for taking the time for let us know your opinion about your stay here at Mercure Milano Solari.

I regret to learn that your experience at our Hotel didn’t meet your expectation but I want try to convince you that all the Staff is working hard to reach the quality and the standard habitual in all our Accorhotels worldwide.

Just as it’s reported also in our website, some of our rooms have a bathroom equipped for disabled Guests, as required by law. We understand perfectly that it may not be appreciated but, as you could see in the room description when you have made the reservation, the typology of room you have booked expects that some of these rooms are equipped for limited mobility Guests.

I deeply sorry, also, for the seeming fickleness the problem has been managed by the Front Office Agent. During your stay in our Hotel, we was really fully booked so we weren’t able to propose you another room: the only thing that our Front Office Agent could do was to provide something at the Bar on the ground floor, what she has actually done but I understand perfectly that wasn’t enough respect your poor impression about our Hotel.

Mr. Elhourani, we regret that your stay didn’t meet your expectations and that you have a such bad idea of us and of our Hotel: some of our best Guests are CEOs of some of the largest national and international companies and we are constantly engaged to meet the expectation of all our Guests, who decide to choose Accor hotels just for the quality of services offered.

Best regards,

Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel was located very close to the metro and a tram line, making it very convenient to access the main attractions in Milan. The rooms were small, but very clean and well appointed. The bathroom was especially nice and the shower very spacious. The breakfast was worthwhile, too. Hot and cold breakfast items were available and the food was very good. I thought the rate per night was very reasonable and the accommodations exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: There is an elevator, so it doesn't matter which floor you end up on.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
AmelioAurora, Sales & Marketing Executive at Mercure Milano Solari, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your beautiful review.

Your beautiful words make us proud and we are glad to know that everything was good and you appreciate us and our Hotel and this encourage us to keep up our efforts.

It will be a pleasure for us welcoming you again in our Hotel during your next stay in Milano.

A warm greeting from all the Mercure Milano Solari Hotel Staff.

Campinas, SP
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Well located near the underground and night life of navigli. Good value for money. The only negative was that the restaurant does not work at weekends evenings, but there are a couple of opcions couple steps away.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mrs. Katrin,

Thank you for taking time for let us know your opinion regarding your stay here at Mercure Milano Solari.

It’s always a pleasure for us know that our Guests are satisfied and we hope to welcoming you again during your next trip in Milano.

Kind regards,

London
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed for just one night prior to our return home from a tour of Italy. From the start we were pleasantly surprised that we were actually given a room with a king sized bed (normally reception see two girls and assume there was a booking error and that we wanted twin beds), so full marks for that! The hotel is clean, bright and in good condition. The room was more luxurious than I was expecting for the £60 we paid for it, the bed very comfortable and the shower hot. Exactly what we needed for our brief stay! It's not massively central - it's about a half hour walk into the middle of the city - but as another reviewer has noted, the tram no14 departs from just outside and takes you to Duomo in 15mins so this isn't an issue at all. Very happy with our stay overall.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your very nice review. We are glad to know that everything was good and you appreciate it. It’s very important for us to meet Guests expectations ensuring the quality of all the services you expect from a Mercure hotel.

A warm greeting from all the Mercure Milano Solari Staff.