“Friendly host & comfortable room”

El Paso Bed & Breakfast & Apartment
El Paso Bed & Breakfast & Apartment
Ranked #48 of 266 Milan B&B and Inns
Southern Finland, Finland
“Friendly host & comfortable room”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Giovanni was extremely friendly and welcoming. The room was spacious and clean. The water in the shower was hot. The location was good because it was just between the Loreto and Pasteur metro stops. Overall I'd say it's a place really worth staying.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Helsinki
Reviewed 20 July 2014

First of all the money worth tip. Go directly to El Paso's webpages to get best prices. All the hostelsbookers take at least 5 % commission. After meeting Giovanni I can tell he is a trusted person. Take my note!

How about the place? Remember that this is a hostel not hotel. That is what the owner said when I asked for espresso instead of normal coffee. The owner is a nice guy, don't get me wrong! Just think is shared bathroom ok. There are usually only couples here so usually they are free. It's clean and quit place.

Note for an allergic people. The owner has a dog. I nice fellow but this should be told if you suffer from dog allergy (I didn't).

The hostel is situated pretty near the main railway station. Check from the map do you want to walk the way. The nearest metro was so big that it toked me a lot of time to find the right exit! The are isn't that lovely (as I think about Milano as a whole). I personally liked only the are near the Moscova metro station and Duomo.

Room Tip: AC wasn't working but there is a fan...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Wow, what can I say, Giovanni is a superstar! Normally I am miss Organized however I managed to forget my passport in a drawer & Giovanni immediately sent it to me. What a lifesaver! It feels like anything can happen in this B&B, in a positive way that is. Breakfast is served on the balcony with urban views accompanied by a wide variety of music from Goldfrapp to Abba. The host will most likely sing along and perhaps even do some dancemoves while preparing the beans & eggs. The beds and pillows are comfortable and the two bathrooms were always clean. The host make sure to care for his guests & gave us some mosquitospray as well as good sightseeing advice. The B&B is located on the 5th floor and the entrance is from the street, not from the inner courtyard as we first thought. I definitely recommend you to stay in this B&B!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Giovanni was an incredibly friendly and welcoming host who thrived on interaction with his guests. As a dog person, I loved having a lovely big golden retriever on site, but that may not be everyone else's cup of tea. I must admit I found it hard to find the B&B when I first arrived as I came out of the Loreto Metro station at the furtherest exit possible from the B&B! But once you have that figured out, El Paso really proves to be in a convenient location to quickly move about the city via the Metro. My room was clean, spacious and comfortable with a balcony overlooking Viale Monza. Unfortunately my travel plans only allowed me to spend 1 night here this time around, but next time I will stay for longer!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank CathieB4
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Location is in Loreto, felt like a safe enough suburb even though some reviews of this area are not so good. But its not a posh suburb.
Its near the Loreto train station, which is convenient for two railway lines (e.g. the Duomo line and the Centrale line). When arriving by metro, make sure you take the Via Pacini exit, or you may have to walk quite far.
Giovanni is a very nice host, loves to chat and joke, and we found him memorable with his good nature. One night he didn't like the way we were cooking our spaghetti so he pretty much cooked it for us!!
He has a Golden retriever who is pretty docile.
Rooms are large, bathrooms are shared, 2 bathrooms for four rooms, which I think are all double rooms. Very clean overall.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank realtuna
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This was a lovely apartment to stay at while we were in Milan. It's close to the main canal where all the restaurants are at. When we booked this place, we actually didn't know this wasn't a hostel. Rather, this place is an apartment and the host meets you at the apartment when you submit your arrival times. I would highly recommend to confirm your arrival time as we made a mistake with the host, and our flight was delayed, so she was waiting for us. We felt very bad.

The host is very nice and speaks very good english, which isn't always common in milan. There is also free wifi.

The apartment itself was clean, nicely decorated, and roomy. We thoroughly enjoyed it and wished we actually stayed longer. The breakfast was good/simple. You could make your own fresh coffee, toast, cereal, and there was yogurt and bottles of water. I felt very secure in the apartment as there were shutters and a good lock on the door. The place is in an area that isnt super touristy, which is nice. Its also right next to the tram line, so easy to commute around on. It was easy to get to from the main milan train station.

The bathroom was nice and clean and updated. The shampoo and body soap is provided. Lots of clean towels provided too. The only thing that I have against the place is that the traffic can get a bit noisy in the morning, so make sure the shutters are closed at night. Bed was comfortable, but there is no air conditioning. There is a fan though. This apartment may get hot in the middle of summer though.

Overall, for what you pay, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay at least 2 nights to fully enjoy this place.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traveling-canadian21
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here only one night but the bedroom was really nice and clean we even had a small balcony. Very handy the elevator if you are traveling with heavy luggage. The owner is very helpful and extremely friendly. On top of that he prepared a delicious breakfast. It's close to a metro station around 10 minutes walking. The bathroom is shared but since there are only a few bedrooms it's clean and ready to be used at any moment. There are a few nice restaurants in the area. I absolutely recommend to stay here. Great value for money.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple