“not quite what we had in mind” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 759 things to do in Milan
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Learn all about astronomy and the wonders of science (including physics) at this Milan planetarium—the largest in Italy.
Milan, Italy
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“not quite what we had in mind”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I took my 10 year old daughter and her friends to a 1 hour "show" inside the dome and mistakenly expected something along the lines of the mind blowing experience to the London equivalent... BUT instead of glorious lazer choreography set to symphonic sounds on padded armchairs with comfy headrests we struggled to keep awake (despite hard wooden benches) whilst a lecturer bored us beyond our wildest imagination
Save yourselves the agony!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Giacomina63

• Polish first
Canton of Valais, Switzerland
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“amazing house, pretty little aquarium”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

the house got more of my attention than the aquarium itself. the sculpture of neptune, the hippo fountain with large goldfishes, the tanks are nicely kept and interesting specially for kids, most of the nemo heros are there. the surrounding park is also great. the visit is short but it allows to see more of milano or enjoy one of the numerous merry go round. it's close to the metro station, very easy

Visited November 2013
1 Thank SwitzerlandTofu
Arlington, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice, but not if you don't know Italian.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I visited the planetarium to see a program about the September sky. When I asked for a ticket the man selling them said in a gruff voice, almost shouting "The show is all in Italian! No English! There is no translation!" That was fine with me, and I said so. I had not been expecting the show to be in English, but still wanted to see it. I found the show enjoyable but not educational as I could't understand most of what was said. I would not recommend going here unless you understand Italian.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jillian R
Leeds, United Kingdom
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Just the entrance is great for science lovers.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I wasn't willing to pay to get into the planetarium section of this building because I was trying to do Milan on the cheap - I'll admit upfront. But just the periodic table, with actual elements in little glass cubes, is worth seeing if you like science. I know that the Science Museum in London used to have something similar after WWII but because some of the elements are very harmful I suspect health and safety got involved. But Italy doesn't care and, in a way, that is great and I loved seeing these elements. There were some solar system models and observatory instruments too - nice - but the elements had my attention.

It is located in the Giardini Pubblici park (great in its own right for just walking). This park also has the Museo Civico di Storia Naturale. The Planetario is closest to Venezia metro station.

Visited May 2012