“Friendly, good value and very convenient”

Smart Hotel Milano Centrale
Ranked #334 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Idea Hotel is perfectly positioned between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 of 'Milan's Malpensa Airport. The hotel is not hard to find but GPS is recommended to save any hassles. The checkin staff were friendly and helpful and hooked us up with Wifi promptly. Rooms are comfortable, and clean if a little shabby and knocked around, e.g. Chipped paint in the bathroom and luggage stand had a loose baton, but the bed was comfortable and we thought this was an ideal hotel for anyone flying from Malpensa. A shuttle is available to the airport at no extra cost, unlike many of the other airport hotels at Malpensa and the staff will organise and book a taxi pickup if you are arriving at a time when the shuttle is not operating. A perfectly reasonable ristorante is part of the complex for a meal at night time. Breakfast was a bit of a bun fight, had to search for adequate cutlery and tables were not cleared promptly, but given the volume of people they put through and the relatively low cost, we found this a very good hotel indeed and will return on our next trip through Malpensa.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 August 2014

It has a clean room and downstairs is clean as well as ok breakfast. Itll work if you are just staying the night and leaving onto somewhere else on the next day. I recommend it for that, as its also good value for money.

Room Tip: Just make sure to ask for a room far from construction, because there is a building they are cosntru...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I spent just one night at Hotel Idea Milano Centrale. It is located just a few steps away from Milano Centrale railway station. Rooms are fairly good decorated and furnitures are modern. Bed is comfortable and breakfast is fine. Welcoming is great and staff very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We arrived very late night without any hotel reservation. This hotel was guided by local guy. It was nice and clean hotel though we spent only 1 night there. We stayed in double bedroom but there was only one pillow. We called reception so many times but nobody answered. We were exhausted from the flight so we did not want to go down and ask for it. The bathroom is very very small. Location of this hotel was good, breakfast was great with variety of food.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We booked this place for one night. It is great place to stay for a night . you get what you pay for. its doesnt have any AC. so you may have to keep the windows open in summer. Price is very good. location is great. few restaurants opne late night around this place for those who arrive late night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed three days started 15 April in Idea Milano Italy, located near Milano train station and close to city centre, also very close to many bus stations , it seems it has been renovated recently , modern , new , well furnished and designed , WIFI cost 11 Euro per night, and it was very strong . TV LED screen.
For the price compared to a lot of other places we found we were happy with this accommodation, the price was the best as we searched early , but it still considered high.

The most noticeable thing is that , the hotel and the rooms are very very clean , well equipped with neat comfortable bed , sheets towels etc. although its very small.
Out of the hotel many Italian restaurants plus Indians and Asian are almost every where , those who fond of shopping , it will take you only 3-5 minute walking to browse enjoy go around the Italian stores for the top fashion Italian made.
The bad thing is that , nit like any other cities in Italy its hardly to find Bars around easily, this was very strange as we walked long distance trying to find bar to drink coffee , and we managed to find a restaurant who agree to serve us coffee as strangers in the city.
The food is okay , not like other Italian cities like Bologna Firenze (Florence ) and Venice , to me it was better to eat in the hotel.
Duomo was walking distance , you can take the tourism bus also .
Any time I will be in Milano , I will choose to stay in Idea.

Room Tip: All the room are very good , and there was no noise as of the location , but you can choose to ask f...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Haifasole
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We arrived for a 3 night stay on the 5th May. The mini bar was not working, which we reported and which was replaced immediately. I could not for the life of me get the TV working. Had to call reception. The TV had not been used for a while, input settings had reset. You could only change the input on the actual unit not the remote. I was glad the handyman showed me that as it reset a couple of times during the stay. Next day I ordered the 7 Euro per device wi-fi, which was poor when I first attempted to use it between 8-11pm, could hardly load a page. It was a lot faster when we popped back into the hotel for a breather at around 2pm, when presumably no one else is using. By the way I don't just sit around at hotels all day on the net or watching TV, but at the end of the day, if I want to use either of those forms of entertainment, and I have paid for them, then I expect it to be available to me without having to ask again. I had to make this point to the staff when I requested a refund on the non existant wifi service, which they did refund to me, but only after lengthy questioning about why I didn't report it at the time.
Actually, I was sick of having to report so many problems without feeling I was being a nuisance to the staff there.
The location is excellent, unfortunately there is a big construction site next door but it didn't affect our stay at all, from what I can gather the workers are done before dinner time.
The room itself was smallish, bedding ok. The shower was terrible, no consistent hot water. The breakfast was limited and only just adequate. The breakfast staff weren't the friendliest that we have encountered.
The reception staff do their best with a hotel that is aging and that is only just hanging in there in terms of it's 3 star rating. The younger reception staff were vibrant and enthusiastic, the older more senior staff seem tired and sick of the complaints about the hotel.
The manager made the point when we checked out that our problems were fixed the moment we reported them, and to be fair this was true. My point is that our inconveniences were preventable errors and should not have happened in the first place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple