“Magic in Milan”

Ranked #19 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Chicago, Illinois
“Magic in Milan”
Reviewed 20 July 2008

The Four Seasons Milan is a seasoned, polished, professional & beautiful property. The location is excellent yet it is a calm oasis inside. The beautiful courtyard with its quiet & beautiful views makes you forget you are in noisy, grey milan.

Even the basic rooms are large in this hotel. My room, a junior suite had a ceiling more beautiful than any museum. It was large with murano lamps and comfortable high quality furniture.

The large bathroom contained my favorite shower of any hotel. I had this same shower in previous smaller rooms, It was large,oval shaped with green mosaic tiles.

I fell in the middle of the street in front of La Scalla in the dark. The police picked me up and asked if i wanted to go to the hospital. I said just take me back to the Four Seasons!

The lobby bar is a wonderful place to sit and watch people. The beautiful details and exceptional quality throughout the hotel are amazing.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Miami, FL
Reviewed 10 January 2008

This was my second stay at this hotel. Location, service, cleanliness, attention to detail...I could not find one single negative thing to say about this property. The only thing I remembered from my first visit (Mar. 2006)) that I didn't like was the lack of a spa. Well, during my last visit construction was being done to introduce the much needed spa. If you are prepared to be treated like royalty, head straight to the Four Seasons, Milan.

• Liked — Persnoalized service,
  • Disliked — Spa was yet to be completed during my stay
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank Aguardiente
East Sussex
Reviewed 1 January 2008

As our last Fours Seasons experience was an excellent one we decided to give the Milan version a whirl. Don't get me wrong, the service is 100% Four Seasons, but we were dissapointed with the overall hotel in terms of decor, room standard and facilities in general. We booked a junior suite and to be honest it was not the room that is shown on the
website - maybe we were given the cheap seats - not sure. The room was
on the third floor in the eaves, under the roof - a lof conversion maybe. Very seventies, threadbare in places i.e. carpet and sofa/
armchairs. Very plain indeed and totally unrepresentative of what they
show on the website. The hotel as a whole isn't as luxurious as previous Four Seasons i.e. not as glitzy and sumptious as previous hotels in terms of public and private areas. I can't fault the service
however. The bar staff, restaurant staff, housekeeping, laundry - all excellent. the concierce however - not as great. I don't expect to be opening the front door myself at the Four Seasons, and the restaurants
they booked on our behalf left a lot to be desired. This hasn't put us
off the Four Seasons but next time we book one we will do more homework on the rooms to make sure we get a good one! PS Pretty expensive - as an example 140 Euros for a breakfast for 2. We stayed in room 327 BTW.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Very seventies and plain
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank BasilBrush1st
United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2007

I don't often stay at the Four Seasons hotels. Mainly because on business, I'm always traveling on some one else's account, and unless they are also staying then I don't. This week I was fortunate enough to stay at two, in Milan and London.

I've been here to the Milan Four Seasons, about 3 or 4 times since it was opened. I typically stay at the Park Hyatt as it is slightly less expensive and glitzy.

As the other times I've stayed here, it was excellent. The hotel is second to none, with a level of service that is extraordinary. Of course, for what they are charging, you would expect it.

The setting is so tranquil and beautiful, but you are right in the middle of Milan. If you are traveling with someone who shops (fortunately I wasn't!) this must be an absolute paradise. Hundreds of world class designers and shops within a 5 minute walk.

• Stayed November 2007
3 Thank TravellerBEurope
Boston, MA
Reviewed 1 September 2007

We stayed at The Four Seasons Milan for 5 nights in January. Having stayed at 20+ Four Seasosn this hotel is our second favorite next to George V in Paris.
From the point of arrival it was truly perfect service. We were greeted by name at every interaction, even in the corridors, it must have been low in occupancy. Nonetheless, very impressive.
Location is in the center of the fashion district and an easy walk to the best attractions.
The concierge never steered us to a dissappointing experience or restaurant.
After our departure, I had be longing for a particular item from the Lobby Lounge and sent an e-mail requesting the recipe. Within a week I had the recipe and a package of the item shipped to me at no charge. Talk about going above and beyond. Four Seasons never dissappoints but this hotel raised the bar again.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
8 Thank FFCFan
NYC
Reviewed 19 July 2007

top notch. Everything you expect from a FS property.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 11 June 2007

We've stayed at a half-dozen Four Seasons around the world. This one was not one of my favorites. We were there for four nights.

Overall it's very nice - service is great, superb location for shopping, interesting building, very good food.

We booked an Exec Suite and were upgraded to a Bi-level. Interesting room with bed area up a few steps from the living area and the bathroom and closet down a flight of steps. Maybe not for everyone but we liked that part.

The parts we didn't like were the very firm mattress (not typical Four Seasons), the shower didn't look moldy but smelled horrible, and there was lots of noise from the hallway.

The typical noise was from shoes on the hard hallway floor. And, one night late, maybe 2am, it sounded like someone was washing dishes outside our door for over an hour. I don't know what it really was because I couldn't see anything. I have a feeling it had something to do with a function they catered that evening but I'm puzzled why a top suite would be near any sort of area for night work.

The upstairs restaurant was good to very good while downstairs restaurant was very good to excellent. The souffle in the downstairs restaurant is fantastic.

Overall I'd probably stay there again although I'd consider other options as well.

• Stayed May 2007, travelled with family