“nice accomodations, great location”

Grand Hotel et de Milan
Ranked #11 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Hotel is a classic hotel. The rooms are renovated and modern, bathrooms are large and luxurious. Front desk and concierge were very helpful. Location was great, in the middle of the upscale shopping areas and only 3 blocks from La Scala and the Galleria. My only minor complaint is that the lobby , bar and public areas are a bit dated, classy but dated. If you like the old grandeur of the Sinatra or Maria Callas era, you will like the lobby here. If you are looking for modern furnisings and an active, happening bar area, this is not the place.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GGL50
mpage, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel et de Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impression about your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to read the you have enjoyed your stay and that the facilities and services of the Hotel were to your liking. As you correctly noted, the bar and lobby area have been restyled 4 years ago, yet in accordance with our longstanding history. All rooms, as well as public areas, are undergoing periodical renovations and restyling in order to keep up with the high standards we set ourselves. The décor is carefully chosen, guaranteeing that the original splendor and charm of a noble, nineteenth-century milanese residence is preserved.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Hotel et de Milan in the not too far future, in the meantime I remain,

Faithfully,

Reviewed 17 June 2011

I have used this hotel a couple of times now for business and had an excellent experience on both occasions.
The service was impecable and really helped to support the business events which I was hosting at the hotel. The catering is of a very high quality and the bedrooms are extremely comfortable.
I would definiately recommend this hotel and will be returning in the future as can be sure of a fantastic experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2011

During my recent stay in Milan at the end of May 2011, I stayed in their Classic Room for 3 nights after my stay in Westin. It was more expensive than Westin at US$600 a night (including breakfast) and WIFI an extra US$32 a night.

The location of the hotel is superb, at the corner of Via Manzoni and Via Monte Napoleone, right at the doorsteps of the shopping district and within 10 minutes on foot to the Duomo.

The hotel is not large, but the decor impressive. The lobby, sitting room and bar are tastefully decorated with early 20th Century European furniture and deserves a few flashes from my camera.

I was allocated Room 419, which was a pretty decent sized room for European hotel, and decor was plain. It had a large closet, desk, small table with 2 chairs. The marble bathroom was moderately large, with toiletries by Etro which I liked.

The Concierge is of very high standard. Before I arrived, I asked for some restaurant recommendations via email, and even though I have not confirmed a booking with their hotel yet but only said that I am planning to stay at their hotel, the Concierge was very responsive and on the same day, they gave me three very detailed lists, divided amongst Gourmet/Traditional Italian/Close-by restaurants, with description of the type of cuisine and distance by car or on foot.

I then proceeded to make several restaurant bookings through them via email, then made a few changes here and there. The Concierge managed the bookings and changes flawlessly and efficiently and was very responsive. All of my enquiries were answered (same day responses or at most 1 day delay).

During my stay, I asked for same day dry-cleaning services in mid-morning, even though the Concierge mentioned that such service is available only if the clothes are handed in by 8a.m. and payment of an express fee. Notwithstanding this, they managed to return the cleaned clothes by 4p.m. on the same day and also waived the same day dry-cleaning service fee. Now this is excellent service.

The only improvement to this hotel would be their breakfast, which was acceptable but can be better.

Overall, the hotel is very comfortable and service was immaculate, and rightly deserves their label “Small Leading Hotel of the World”. I would recommend this hotel for any holiday seekers in Milan, especially those who shop till they drop. Since the hotel is so close, they can make many stops back to the hotel to lighten up their loot before going back into the warzone.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank golfplayer111

Dear guest,

I have read with pleasure your comments concerning you previous stay with us and thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions, enabling us to experience the service we daily deliver through the guests eyes. Thank you for informing us that you have enjoyed our facilities, services and the décor of the Hotel; Your kind words about the staff and in particular about the Concierge services were very much appreciated.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next trip to Milan,

With best compliments,

Reviewed 3 June 2011

We stayed there in the end of May and the facilites are excellent. The lobby is appealing and the rooms are very comfortable. We got excellent service in terms of reservations and other requests. Ask to see the Verdi suite if it is not rented. It is a short walking distance from the main square, the fashion district, and other major sites. They have free internet on the TV set in your room. It was reasonably fast and eay to use.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank slhokie

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your impressions about the Grand Hotel et the Milan with us and the Tripadvisor.com readers.

We are very pleased to find out that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that the services and facilities were to your liking. It is most valuable to us when our guests enjoy the prestigious history of the hotel, which we are very proud of. Your interest in the Verdi Suite is most appreciated and we are glad to offer our guests the possibility to experience the Verdi Suite, milanese residence of the Maestro for more than 27 years and features until today some of the original furniture.

We thank you once again for your kind words and appreciation of our staff.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Hotel in the not too far future I remain,

Faithfully,

Reviewed 5 May 2011

Very professionally run hotel, staff are without exception efficient, helpful and friendly. Bedrooms/suites well furnished and very comfortable, immaculately clean. Public areas beautifully furnished and give a feeling of comfort and elegance - a pleasure to be in. Location ideal for La Scala Opera, Duomo and comfortable walking distance to castle area.
My favourite hotel of all and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Mention preferences or special needs when booking
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Valerie049
Reviewed 27 April 2011

After many years of travelling and working in Milan i have at last found the perfect hotel there.
Grand hotel et di Milano is always a pleasure to return to. The staff are wonderful and incredibly attentive and the rooms are charming and very comfortable. It is the perfect small GRAND hotel !

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mutg
Reviewed 24 April 2011

several years ago we discoved the hotel with my husband as we were walking on Via Manzoni.We always used to stay at another 2 popular hotels (again 5 star) but the service we experienced, the great staff always smiling and doing there best to make their guests happy, special ambiance of the hotel which makes you feel living in an old palace, perfect location (max 3 minutes walk to everywhere!) and wonderful rooms which gives you the sensation like you are at home made our minds to stay always at this great hotel. Every year we go to Milano several times and we always stay at this wonderful place.

I also want to mention about their very special ristorante and wonderful bar. The food is really special and the bar is wonderful to enjoy a glass of prosecco!

Congratulations for this success and thank you very much for giving us the pleasure of staying at such special place!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple