“Fabulous ! location location location ! Truly 5 star.”

Grand Hotel et de Milan
Ranked #8 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Paris, France
“Fabulous ! location location location ! Truly 5 star.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

The Grand Hotel is one of the few Old world Luxury hotels in Milan.Upon Entering you feel the ambience of the real Italian splendor although the Hotel remains warm and the service very personal.The staff is very warm,helpful and after just 1 day the already know your name.We took the regular room facing the courtyard ,the room itself was small and simple but the bathroom was very large and beautiful and well appointed.The breakfast was a bit on the pricey side (35 euros) and when we ordered the breakfast it came so quickly and was very good.We did take breakfast at the Armani Cafe right beside and it was very good and inexpensive.Location was wonderful,Monte napoleone just across ,the scala was on the same street and the Galleria .
Everything was wonderful except the room service for dinner one night,pasta was really a disappointment considering it was a 5 star hotel.Internet is not free and very expensive,such a pity.I would definitely come back and highly recommend the hotel to well travelers with a good budget.

Room Tip: go to the Armani hotel for breakfast it is half the price and just as good!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Both my wife, a fashion designer, and myself, a doctor, are seasoned travelers. Our stay at The Grand Hotel et de Milano was delightful, from the warm welcoming to the wonderful room with very elegant period furnishings. The location couldn't be better, within walking distance of La Scala and Monte Napoleone. All in all an outstanding Hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DJH29
firenze
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

Well, the hotel is very nice. Of course if you like modern hotel, it's probably better to choose another place, we can discuss if it's really a five stars hotel, but it worths to try. However there are couple of choices that I think are wrong. Considering the price, the fact that the breakfast is not include (and expensive) is a strange choice especially in Italy. But what I really think ridicolous is the frigo bar prices. 8 Euros for a small bottle of water. Let's that I was travelling for business and I didn't have any problem with the bill, but there are things which are offensive. So paying a total of 870 euro for 3 nights, you cannot get a basic need like water unless you want to pay a ridicolous amount of money. You don't pay this amount of money in the best luxury restaurants and hotel in the world, do they think their water has long life properties. Five stars doesn't mean that people that come in has no idea of price, I hope that the opening of the new Armani hotel in front of it, suggest the management to do something to review this crazy pricing.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank marcello68
mpage, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel et de Milan, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback, comments and experience while staying at the Grand Hotel et de Milan.

I have been very sensitive to your note with regard to the cost of the full American breakfast. I understand that the cost for this service may be regarded as high, however a recent investigation showed that the cost of breakfast is in line with other 5 stars Hotels and in most of the top properties in Milan is not included in the room rate. The full American breakfast at € 35.00 per person includes, on top of the variety of items , a guest choice of eggs freshly prepared. I will suggest you for the next stay to book our Breakfast Inclusive Rate, that with only € 25.00 of supplement compared the Best Available Rates, you will have the full buffet included in your room rate. An à la carte menu is also available for breakfast for those guest not wishing a full option.

Our in room minibar is provided with a wide selection of drinks, alcoholic or soft and are priced in accordance to our fellow 5 stars Hotels, yet it is correct to say that only a very few Hotels put their soft drinks (only) at their guests disposal free of charge.

We trust that despite those issues we will meet your understanding and that we will have the pleasure of your return visit and I would be particularly honored if you contacted me personally for your future stay mpagetto@grandhoteletdemilan.it

Yours sincerely,

Moreno Pagetto
Executive Assistant Manager
Zurich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed in Grand Hotel et de Milan for one night. The location is very central close to Montenapoleone metro station and the street with the same name. The d'uomo, best bars, boutiques and shopping locations are at walking distance.
Our room had a balcony, and we had a a view on the bar located on the corner opposite to the hotel.
in general you can hardly find a quiet hotel in Milan city center, but the isolation was great, so we could sleep very well. Bed was very comfortable and I never had so many pillows on the bed.
Room and bathroom were very clean, we didn't miss anything there.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Book a room with a balcony
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pupazzzina
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Absolutely fantastic. From the moment I pulled up in the car I was greeted both with enthusiasm and importance. On entering the reservation staff greeted me by name and had my early check in ready to go. I was upgraded to a Junior suite which was very nice. I had the the Assistant Manger welcome me and escort to my room. The room was well appointed and I thought the location of the Hotel was very good. My only disappointment was that I only had time to stay there for 1 night, but will be back next time I'm in Milan. Thank you again!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris13Melbourne
Lee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed here recently for a long weekend after being recommended by friends. I was greeted on my arrival by friendly helpful staff. The hotel is stylish and elegant and my room was situated in the inner courtyard which was very quiet. The bathroom was large and spacious and had a lovely walk in shower. In a previous review they had complained about the tv and internet but i didn't go to Milan to stay in my room as there is so much to see and do within walking distance of the hotel ie the Duomo, La Scala, restaurants and fantastic shopping!!
The breakfast was very good with lots of choice and served in a bright sunny room and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. In the evening i was joined by friends and we had drinks in the comfortable and elegant bar. I loved my stay at this hotel and would definately recommend it.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room dont have one facing the street - ask for one in the inner courtyard
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gillian W
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

The Grand Hotel is a great combination of old and new world. The rooms are lovely and have all the modern conveniences. The 24 hour room service is great if you're working international hours. I was there the week after Fashion Week and they were still having events at the hotel. It is a stone's throw from great fashion stores. You are in the heart of Milan and can walk everywhere. It was a great base from which to tour a beautiful city. Staff was very helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business