Grand Hotel et de Milan
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Cavour(Milan)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdon carlosmaria callasla scala and the duomovia montenapoleoneantique furnitureclassic hotelmodern amenitiesshopping districtthe location is perfectpillow menufive star hotelturn down servicejunior suitefour seasonsbeautiful roomwonderful hotelwonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights in January. It is the best location in Milan. I walked to la scala for a performance. My room was upgraded and good size and very nicely decorated i was given wi-fi and free Internet service. I enjoy the classic decor and modern amenities. The concierges were extremely helpful. I would gladly return

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank rmfish
mpage, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel et de Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. com.

I appreciate your kind comments regarding the location, room and service of the Hotel.
It is a pleasure to achieve our guest’s satisfaction.

Looking forward to your return visit,

Best Regards,

Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

Old and well placed hotel. Professional and chearfull staff. Good bar. A beat noisy in the early morning due to road encounter. Better ask for the room with the windows on a pedestrian area.
Excellent place!

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.com.

I am pleased to read such gentle words and I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Grand Hotel et de Milan.

Nevertheless I am sorry if the room was too noisy, and if you wish to send us a private email we will make sure that at your next stay we will assign you a quieter room.

Looking forward to your return visit,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 December 2012 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a luxury stay, the check in was quick and very efficient by Mr Donati, he was excellently presented and spoke perfect English and was very polite, if only every hotel had staff like him. All the staff I dealt with in general were polite and helpful. The concierge were very helpful in directing me to tourist places. Unfortunately I didn't find the cleanliness of the room to be perfect.
I will most definately be returning. Thankyou

• Stayed: December 2012
mpage, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel et de Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Dear Guest,

We thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent visit at the Grand Hotel et de Milan.

I am happy to read that the service of our staff at the Front Desk was friendly and was up to your expectation.

Thank you also for pointing out that the room was not perfectly in line with our usual standard; we have shared this information with our Head Housekeeping, in order to correct these inconvenience.

I certainly hope that you will visit us again in the near future so that we can renew our utmost care and attention. If I can be in any of your assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at any time.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 7 December 2012

Location - Great if you go shopping for high fashion for this hotel is at one end of Via Montenapoleon.
Room - Very small for the price (although we had a special corporate rate deal). Not claustrophobic. But it feels like a London bed and breakfast. Large marble bathroom though. Inner courtyard room on request, so not much outside noise.
Service - Nice and professional. No European aloofness at all. Concierge told us where to buy bottled water at sensible prices (0.60 euro per liter) so we water guzzlers won't have to pay 8 euros for a 25cl one mouthful bottle from the room fridge. It turned out an place like that is few and far in between.
Next time to Milan we would give careful consideration on how necessary it is to stay this close to city center and paying so much for such small rooms. A local resident told us outside of city center good meals are less than half the price. I don't know about that. We went to Bice and there were lots of locals too.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank alremotemail

Dear Guest,

Thank you to have chosen the Grand Hotel et de Milan for your recent visit.

Your kind comment about the service was very much appreciated and I took the liberty to inform all employee of your gentle words.

We are sorry that the accommodation provided was not quite spacious and comfortable; the Grand Hotel et de Milan is an historical building which has preserved features and space configuration of an 18th century Milanese Mansion: as a result , some of our accommodations are in fact of reduced size. Our double “Classic” category rooms are approximately similar in size, nevertheless some are larger; while we always try to assign the most comfortable accommodations to all our guests, when the Hotel is heavily booked like on the occasion of your recent visit we have to assign our less spacious accommodations to our guest who have booked with corporate rates.

We have made a note to provide you, on your future stays should you decide to honor us with your return visit, a free upgrade to the best available accommodation at the time of booking. On top of this we will always pay attention to provide you with the largest accommodations available among the category of your choice.

Thank you for being our guest and look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 November 2012

Room has classic decor, very clean, excellent location, good room service. The device was ok...no bad, but could have been better (my room was missing toilet paper when I checked in and I had to cll twice to get it, my continental breakfast was missing fruit ec)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank NYC102005
mpage, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel et de Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Grand Hotel et de Milan and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.com.

We would like to thank you for your kind comments but most of all we would like to apologize for our oversights in service. Please rest assured that we have treasured your comments and have reviewed our service procedures to avoid similar distractions in the future.

I certainly hope that you will visit us again in the near future so that we can renew our utmost care and attention. If I can be in any of your assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.