This is not a Marriott. It is old, a bit creaky, you have to get buzzed in the door, and the management doesn't win efficiency awards. Why stay here? Because it is very comfortable and a very Italian experience. The rooms are old and faded and the bathrooms primitive...but they are also enormously comfortable and have a 19th Century charm. The staff - if you don't shout at them for not speaking English well (and, how good is your Italian?) are very pleasant. On the street level is a wonderful restaurant with great atmosphere and educated, tasteful Milanese guests.
It's moderately expensive but well worth it. I have stayed at this hotel repeatedly and it is always spotless...yet there are constantly those who equate old and faded with fithy and dirty. My regular hotel used to be the Principe et Savoia but this one is pure character and much more fun. Loosen up and enjoy it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If this charming old hotel in the arty Brera neighborhood hadn't been discovered long ago by members of the fashion world, film stars and journalist, you could consider it a find. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Antica Locanda Solferino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antica Locanda Solferino Milan
- Antica Locanda Solferino Hotel Milan