“Grand old lady. Real luxury.”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #9 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“Grand old lady. Real luxury.”
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I checked into this hotel on a whim. Was originally booked into the Milan Hilton but with a bit if google action found the Savoia at the same rate so moved.
My checkin was slightly delayed as a certain Mr Jagger was being whisked thru reception but hey I'm not complaining.
Taken to my room which was in the older section of the hotel but no complaints a suite with the biggest bathroom I've ever seen all in marble!! Great comfy bed and all the amenities you could need including free Acqua Parma toiletries top class

Staff couldn't have been friendlier and common rooms top quality.

All for the price of the Hilton.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank Martynjw
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 9 May 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for choosing Principe di Savoia for your stay in Milan.
I am grateful for your kind comments and I am truly delighted to read that your room and our staff were up to your expectations.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to your Milanese home upon your next trip to Milan.

Hotel Principe di Savoia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Aachen, Germany
Reviewed 5 May 2011

right upon our arrival we were made aware of the fact that this hotel is relying on past laurels while no longer maintaining the standards of a real luxury hotel. while checking in we and the staff at reception were distracted by a scarcely dressed ‘lady’ causing a scene right there in the lobby by screaming loudly and putting up a fight with a man, and subsequently, with the staff who were trying to literally push her out of the hotel. this was not to be the last 'lady' of that kind we were to see in the hotel, which seems to be unable to keep certain business at least out of sight of normal guests. considering this, the snobbish attitude of the front desk staff seemed oddly out of place.

the service was mostly impeccable. however, the staff were clearly lacking attention to making the stay a comfortable one for everyone. while having tea in the lobby bar, we were disturbed by the loud blaring of disco music from a children party in one of the adjacent meeting rooms – with the door left wide ajar. when we commented on this to the waiter, he didn’t even react on it, nor did any other part of the staff.

liked:
the impeccable service from most of the staff (e.g. room maid who went in search of an adaptor)

disliked:
the rooms seemed rather kitschy and tired – the kind of furniture my great-aunt would have chosen.
the noise and clientele seemed oddly out of sync with the purported air and style of the hotel

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank PushingTheSenses
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 6 May 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that you appreciated the high service quality of our staff, but I was sorry to read your comments about the noise: I apologise for it, but please be assured that this does not correspond to the usual context in which our guests stay.
I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Paris, France
Reviewed 26 April 2011

The good:

-Clearly a luxury hotel, with beautifully furnished rooms, a nice SPA, and a beautifully decorated bar & restaurant

The ok:

-Located quite centrally, but in a area lacking charm. You'll need to walk 15-20 minutes to the main shopping areas or landmarks of interest.
-The views from the rooms are nothing special. Some look straight at a massive building site located to the rear of the hotel. Not nice

The bad:

Incidentals can be shocking and leave a bitter aftertaste. To quote a few:

-Euro 50 per night for parking
-Euro 35 per person for a continental breakfast or Euro 45 per person for an American one. Given that you may be paying around Euro 250 for a double room looking unto a building site, paying Euro 70 (that over USD 100) for 2 continental breakfasts composed simply of bread, orange juice and coffee is unforgivable.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank antonioactuk
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 28 April 2011
Dear Guest,
I am delighted to hear that you appreciated both our luxury hotel and our others outlets as the Spa Club 10, the Principe Bar and the Acanto Restaurant.
I was sorry to read your comments about our costs: if you need more information concerning prices and extra charges please please contact at any time our reservations office dialing the +39 02 62 305 555.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Could not have ask for anything more. We stayed in room 809 facing the back I prefer quite then view. Room was renovated and clean the bath room was big and it had a tub. I also took advantage and had a massage The hotel was close to all areas of Milan, if you want grand than this place is it.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at the Principe di Savoia.
I am truly delighted to note that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit to our Hotel and I am grateful for your kind comments, as exceptional service is what we strive and like to be known for.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 28 March 2011

We were booked at westin palace-they double booked our rooms...(in retrospect, im quite happy they made this mistake)
rooms are clean, confortable and concierge who checked us in at 4 am was great, check out was also quick and efficient.
breakfast was excellent as well, staff was attentive. i most certaily will be staying at this hotel again.
the over all experience was what i would expect of a 4-5 star hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 29 March 2011
Dear Guest,

I am also glad to hear that you would like to came back. Looking forward to this opportunity, I send you best regards.

Firenze
Reviewed 13 March 2011

After many years and stay at Principe, it is really time to turn page.
The hotel has become really a brothel with people coming in and out at every hour a lot of noise and the service that is for sure not flawless.
It is a shame that the refurbishment that took 4 years did not take in consideration to make the rooms sound proof.
The hotel could be too big to make the stay special

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank mgiornet
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales and Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 14 March 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor.
I am sorry about your latest experience at the Principe di Savoia and please be assured that this is certainly not representative of the usual service excellence here at the hotel.
I would be most grateful for the opportunity to speak with you in private to discuss these matters further and would ask you to kindly contact me directly here at the hotel.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Director of Sales and Marketing
London
Reviewed 10 March 2011

We were given a recently renovated room which was pretty but very noisy. We were able to hear every little sound outside including conversations of people passing the room all through the day, evening and night! We ate a few times in the lobby reastaurant/ tea room- the food was good but the older waiter was a little stressed and stern. We had another similar waiter at breakfast in the main restaurant who seemed extremely pleased with a French family as he enjoyed speaking French to them but forgot to ask us what we wanted for a cooked breakfast. When I did manage to get his attention he spoke very loudly and rudely which made me feel a little embarrassed.
Our experience at the bar was quite the opposite- we had a wonderful time and all the waitresses were charming and very helpful.
The location of the hotel is good but far away from shops. The Metro is just outside the hotel which is a great plus.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank bzzziebee
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for having chosen the Principe di Savoia whilst recently in Milan.
I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit to our Principe Bar. Please be assured that I have passed your very kind comments to all of the staff concerned.
At the same time I was very sorry to read of your experience: I apologise for any disappointment, but please be assured that this does not correspond to the usual context in which our guests stay.
I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.
I look forward to.