Hotel Principe Di Savoia
US$2,270
US$253
  • Breakfast included
Klima Hotel Milano Fiere(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$116
nhow Milano(Milan)
US$143
US$121
  • Restaurant
Eco-Hotel La Residenza(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$129
Good 3.5/5
US$127
Good 3.5/5
2,045 results
All reviewslimousine servicedorchester collectiondorchester groupmosaic roombeautiful hoteldi parmaluxury hotelpremium roomconcierge deskmain restauranttop floorroom servicefour seasonsjunior suitepark hyattthe hotel offerscity centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I checked into this hotel on a whim. Was originally booked into the Milan Hilton but with a bit if google action found the Savoia at the same rate so moved.
My checkin was slightly delayed as a certain Mr Jagger was being whisked thru reception but hey I'm not complaining.
Taken to my room which was in the older section of the hotel but no complaints a suite with the biggest bathroom I've ever seen all in marble!! Great comfy bed and all the amenities you could need including free Acqua Parma toiletries top class

Staff couldn't have been friendlier and common rooms top quality.

All for the price of the Hilton.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Martynjw
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for choosing Principe di Savoia for your stay in Milan.
I am grateful for your kind comments and I am truly delighted to read that your room and our staff were up to your expectations.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to your Milanese home upon your next trip to Milan.

Reviewed 5 May 2011

right upon our arrival we were made aware of the fact that this hotel is relying on past laurels while no longer maintaining the standards of a real luxury hotel. while checking in we and the staff at reception were distracted by a scarcely dressed ‘lady’ causing a scene right there in the lobby by screaming loudly and putting up a fight with a man, and subsequently, with the staff who were trying to literally push her out of the hotel. this was not to be the last 'lady' of that kind we were to see in the hotel, which seems to be unable to keep certain business at least out of sight of normal guests. considering this, the snobbish attitude of the front desk staff seemed oddly out of place.

the service was mostly impeccable. however, the staff were clearly lacking attention to making the stay a comfortable one for everyone. while having tea in the lobby bar, we were disturbed by the loud blaring of disco music from a children party in one of the adjacent meeting rooms – with the door left wide ajar. when we commented on this to the waiter, he didn’t even react on it, nor did any other part of the staff.

liked:
the impeccable service from most of the staff (e.g. room maid who went in search of an adaptor)

disliked:
the rooms seemed rather kitschy and tired – the kind of furniture my great-aunt would have chosen.
the noise and clientele seemed oddly out of sync with the purported air and style of the hotel

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank PushingTheSenses
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that you appreciated the high service quality of our staff, but I was sorry to read your comments about the noise: I apologise for it, but please be assured that this does not correspond to the usual context in which our guests stay.
I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 26 April 2011

The good:

-Clearly a luxury hotel, with beautifully furnished rooms, a nice SPA, and a beautifully decorated bar & restaurant

The ok:

-Located quite centrally, but in a area lacking charm. You'll need to walk 15-20 minutes to the main shopping areas or landmarks of interest.
-The views from the rooms are nothing special. Some look straight at a massive building site located to the rear of the hotel. Not nice

The bad:

Incidentals can be shocking and leave a bitter aftertaste. To quote a few:

-Euro 50 per night for parking
-Euro 35 per person for a continental breakfast or Euro 45 per person for an American one. Given that you may be paying around Euro 250 for a double room looking unto a building site, paying Euro 70 (that over USD 100) for 2 continental breakfasts composed simply of bread, orange juice and coffee is unforgivable.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank antonioactuk
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2011

Dear Guest,
I am delighted to hear that you appreciated both our luxury hotel and our others outlets as the Spa Club 10, the Principe Bar and the Acanto Restaurant.
I was sorry to read your comments about our costs: if you need more information concerning prices and extra charges please please contact at any time our reservations office dialing the +39 02 62 305 555.

Reviewed 26 April 2011

Could not have ask for anything more. We stayed in room 809 facing the back I prefer quite then view. Room was renovated and clean the bath room was big and it had a tub. I also took advantage and had a massage The hotel was close to all areas of Milan, if you want grand than this place is it.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at the Principe di Savoia.
I am truly delighted to note that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit to our Hotel and I am grateful for your kind comments, as exceptional service is what we strive and like to be known for.

Reviewed 28 March 2011

We were booked at westin palace-they double booked our rooms...(in retrospect, im quite happy they made this mistake)
rooms are clean, confortable and concierge who checked us in at 4 am was great, check out was also quick and efficient.
breakfast was excellent as well, staff was attentive. i most certaily will be staying at this hotel again.
the over all experience was what i would expect of a 4-5 star hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2011

Dear Guest,

I am also glad to hear that you would like to came back. Looking forward to this opportunity, I send you best regards.