“Expensive and location not the best.”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #4 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 27 May 2011

This is a luxury hotel and is used by many business travelers. I was traveling with my cousin and our purpose was to relax and do sight seeing so we were in the minority here. It is possible to walk to the good shopping areas but you have to cross many busy highways and train tracks. The hotel has a shuttle that takes you to the good areas but we did not use it. There are some restaurants near the hotel for about a 10 minute walk. The staff of the hotel is business-like but friendly and helpful. Everything at this hotel is very pricey. There is a small business center but the internet costs .35 Euros per minute. The room we had was large and comfortable and contained two twin beds. The hotel is nicely furnished and has many beautiful areas. I sent a few pieces of clothing to the laundry and the bill was 144 Euros! I should have purchased new underwear for that price. The breakfast has a choice of the continental (rolls and coffee) or full buffet. The first was 35 Euros and the second was 45. The food was just okay. The rolls and croisants were not the top quality that you would expect for the price. Another difficulty was the lack of electrical plugs. The bathroom was large with a seperate tub and shower. The shower was just okay. The toilet and bidet were seperate from the rest of the bath. Even though I liked many parts of this hotel I think I might try something else next time with easier access to the main shopping areas and restaurants.

Room Tip: All rooms should be okay.
  • Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Openstudio
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing Principe di Savoia for your stay in Milan, and for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are sorry you did not enjoy the little walk from our hotel to the historical center and the restaurants nearby: please kindly accept our warm suggestion and enjoy our complimentary limo service during your next stay with us.

Please also consider that any information concerning hotel services costs can be asked to our reservations office while booking at the number +39 02 6230 5555.

I am grateful for your kind comments about our rooms and suites: the main building of the hotel has been completely refurbished recentrly.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to your Milanese home upon your next trip to Milan.

Yours sincerely,

Director of Sales & Marketing,
Hotel Principe di Savoia

Write a ReviewReviews (1,970)

Reviewed 16 May 2011

Had two wonderful nights' sleep in marvellous beds, quiet and cool rooms, excellent bathroom and good toiletries. Staff were friendly, everything top quality except only the Continental breakfast in bed - expensive, as you would expect, but really not good enough, one cup of coffee each, and dull, not terribly fresh tasting rolls and croissants. Otherwise full marks.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for having chosen the Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am delighted to hear that you had a great experience at Principe and you thoroughly appreciated your room and the high quality service of our staff.
I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back again soon in the very near future.

Reviewed 15 May 2011

excellent rooms and service,helpful concierge,10 minute walk to main hub,but hotel has free car service-10 minute walk to train station-excellent bar

Room Tip: get an upgrade-
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at the Principe di Savoia.
I am truly delighted to note that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit to our Hotel and I am grateful for your kind comments, as exceptional service is what we strive and like to be known for.

Reviewed 11 May 2011

I travel to Milan frequently for work, and my local associates always book me into the Savoia. It is a fantastic hotel. I have no complaints whatsoever.

The rooms are beautiful and baroque (if a bit on the small side for singles), the service is attentive and there are often interesting celebrity guests (I've seen David Beckham, numerous fashion designers and models, a few Formula One drivers and even Mick Jagger... and that's just off the top of my head). The atmosphere is just unbeatable.

The food is also outstanding, although I have to admit that I've not dined there as frequently as I do other hotels, due to the very gracious nature of my colleagues in Milan, who always insist on taking me out for dinners when I'm in town.

I've also not had a chance to indulge in the spa and pool facilities, however my girlfriend did tag along on one of my trips and she did a full spa day while I was working and was absolutely in heaven.

This is obviously not the hotel for you if you're expecting a sleek, modern experience, but I can't imagine anyone complaining. The wireless internet service does leave something to be desired, so I suppose that's worth mentioning. Unless you're planning to use your hotel room as a full-time office, I don't think that's a dealbreaker for 99% of travelers.

Room Tip: Just find the best price; you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I checked into this hotel on a whim. Was originally booked into the Milan Hilton but with a bit if google action found the Savoia at the same rate so moved.
My checkin was slightly delayed as a certain Mr Jagger was being whisked thru reception but hey I'm not complaining.
Taken to my room which was in the older section of the hotel but no complaints a suite with the biggest bathroom I've ever seen all in marble!! Great comfy bed and all the amenities you could need including free Acqua Parma toiletries top class

Staff couldn't have been friendlier and common rooms top quality.

All for the price of the Hilton.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Martynjw
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for choosing Principe di Savoia for your stay in Milan.
I am grateful for your kind comments and I am truly delighted to read that your room and our staff were up to your expectations.

Reviewed 5 May 2011

right upon our arrival we were made aware of the fact that this hotel is relying on past laurels while no longer maintaining the standards of a real luxury hotel. while checking in we and the staff at reception were distracted by a scarcely dressed ‘lady’ causing a scene right there in the lobby by screaming loudly and putting up a fight with a man, and subsequently, with the staff who were trying to literally push her out of the hotel. this was not to be the last 'lady' of that kind we were to see in the hotel, which seems to be unable to keep certain business at least out of sight of normal guests. considering this, the snobbish attitude of the front desk staff seemed oddly out of place.

the service was mostly impeccable. however, the staff were clearly lacking attention to making the stay a comfortable one for everyone. while having tea in the lobby bar, we were disturbed by the loud blaring of disco music from a children party in one of the adjacent meeting rooms – with the door left wide ajar. when we commented on this to the waiter, he didn’t even react on it, nor did any other part of the staff.

liked:
the impeccable service from most of the staff (e.g. room maid who went in search of an adaptor)

disliked:
the rooms seemed rather kitschy and tired – the kind of furniture my great-aunt would have chosen.
the noise and clientele seemed oddly out of sync with the purported air and style of the hotel

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank PushingTheSenses
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that you appreciated the high service quality of our staff, but I was sorry to read your comments about the noise: I apologise for it, but please be assured that this does not correspond to the usual context in which our guests stay.
I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 26 April 2011

The good:

-Clearly a luxury hotel, with beautifully furnished rooms, a nice SPA, and a beautifully decorated bar & restaurant

The ok:

-Located quite centrally, but in a area lacking charm. You'll need to walk 15-20 minutes to the main shopping areas or landmarks of interest.
-The views from the rooms are nothing special. Some look straight at a massive building site located to the rear of the hotel. Not nice

The bad:

Incidentals can be shocking and leave a bitter aftertaste. To quote a few:

-Euro 50 per night for parking
-Euro 35 per person for a continental breakfast or Euro 45 per person for an American one. Given that you may be paying around Euro 250 for a double room looking unto a building site, paying Euro 70 (that over USD 100) for 2 continental breakfasts composed simply of bread, orange juice and coffee is unforgivable.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank antonioactuk
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2011

Dear Guest,
I am delighted to hear that you appreciated both our luxury hotel and our others outlets as the Spa Club 10, the Principe Bar and the Acanto Restaurant.
I was sorry to read your comments about our costs: if you need more information concerning prices and extra charges please please contact at any time our reservations office dialing the +39 02 62 305 555.