“Excellent, what you really expect in a real 5 star hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Principe Di Savoia

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #8 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Excellent, what you really expect in a real 5 star hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

Our best accomodation in a 20 days trip to Italy. I don't have to say much about this Hotel, this is just what you expect to receive in a 5 star hotel as we got used to do in America. Most of 5 star hotels in Italy are the equivalent of a 4 star in U.S., but this is Genuine 5 Star, no need to give details, you'll get what you'll pay for, no less. I almost forgot, they have a Limo service for free to drop you and pick you near the main shopping venues.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank LudwigMartin
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales and Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 31 August 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Principe di Savoia during your stay in Milan and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.
I am very glad to hear that your experience was up to your expectations and that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit to our Hotel. In particular I am delighted to note that you enjoyed our complimentary limousine service which is available to our guests for a true shopping experience in the world most famous fashion district.
I look forward to welcoming you soon to your Milanese home during your next trip to Milan.

Director of Sales and Marketing
Hotel Principe di Savoia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

My wife, daughter stayed here July 13. Due to a mix-up in the reservations, had to get the General Manager involved so we could get an additional room for our daughter; was able to resolve the problem. The hotel, where we in Oct. 1963, was truly outstanding; reservation clerk showed us the room and how to operate anything there; there was a follow up visit by the floor maid, and a bottle of champagne when they learned it was part of our 50th wedding anniversary trip. It was probably the finest hotel room we have been in since 1963!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank enochs
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for having chosen the Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am very delighted to read your kind comments and I am glad to know that our hotel and our staff made you pleased and satisfied once again.
I look forward to welcoming you and your family back at Hotel Principe di Savoia.

Director of Sales and Marketing
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

Hotel Principe Di Savoia Milan oozes class in abundance - it is part of Dorchester group and we can only admire the tasteful modern furnishings in the hotel. Thanks to the Amex FHR scheme, we were upgraded to a larger room which had just been refurbished - the bedroom, and the bathroom were luxurious and very comfortable, and we had a view out to the square in front although there was not much to see in winter. Breakfast was fabulous. The service was courteous and professional although a little reserved - I would have preferred a warmer and friendlier approach e.g from the concierge and the doormen, rather than a plainly professional approach - little things like smiling can make all the difference in the world, and the very best hotels in the world can make everybody feel at home, not just selected guests. If you prefer to be within comfortable walking distance to the shopping area (Via Manzoni, della Spiga etc) and the Duomo, then this may not be the hotel for you. The hotel has thoughtfully arranged a Bentley limo which continuously run a loop from the hotel to La Scala area, stopping by a few places on Via Manzoni along the way. However, after trying this for a few days, I realise that although this may be OK in winter when there are fewer guests, it may not be so practical in warmer months when they may have more guests (the limo can seat around 6 people). We also had difficulty finding taxi to the airport in the morning when everyone was rushing to get to the airport - I am not sure if the location affects the taxi availability but the many guests in front of me were also looking desperate - we eventually got a taxi after 40 minutes but it would have been nice to have more help or reassurance from the doormen (the ones on duty that day did not seem to be able to speak English much). If you prefer to be away from the madding crowd of Milan and would like a quiet and luxurious home away from home, then Principe di Savoia may suit you perfectly.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for choosing Principe di Savoia for your stay in Milan.
I do appreciate all your compliments about our recently refurbished rooms.
I was only sorry to read your comments about our approach: I agree with you in that little things like smiling can make all the difference in the world, so I apologise if you did not feel at home here, but please be assured that this does not correspond to our usual approach with guests.
I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to your Milanese home upon your next trip to Milan. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

Lovely hotel - pleasant staff and room. Good shower and bed. Fabulous breakfast. Had a small room with a bad view, but it was a last minute booking during men's fashion week. Was disappointed by the holes in the robes - not what I expected from a 5 star place. Also, hate any hotel that doesn't give free wi-fi in this day and age.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 19 July 2011
Dear Guest,
thank you so much for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to hear that you appreciated your room and our staff.
I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.
I look forward to.

Macau
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

I've stayed in this hotel three times and will never make the mistake of trying a new place again.

• Stayed January 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 13 July 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for having chosen the Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am grateful to read that our hotel was up to your expectations once again.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to your Milanese home upon your next trip to Milan.

Readington, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

Wonderful, comfortable hotel, good size rooms, large comfortable beds, fancy bathroom. Very expensive. Wish that breakfast was included for the price.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 11 July 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for having chosen the Principe di Savoia whilst recently in Milan and for having taken the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.
I am grateful for your kind comments about our rooms and I look forward to welcoming you back to your Milanese home upon your next trip to Milan.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

We got free upgrade to Principe Tower suite. The room is great, eventhough it is abit old, it still clean. Everything is good especially they provide free car pick up at the shopping area. However, their reservation staff is extremely poor via e-mail. When I ask what is the price to change our room breakfast from continental to buffet one, the staff reply to me to paid euro 45 for an extra breakfast. The staff said the continental breakfast is free (but it stated that it costs Euro 35 online), if we want to change to buffet one, need to paid euro 45. But when we stay at the hotel in June, the waitress said to us that we can freely change to buffet breakfast for Only euro 10. I don't know what happen?!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,
thank you so much for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to hear that you had a great experience at the Principe Tower and that you appreciated our complimentary Limousine shuttle service to and from the shopping area.
At the same time I was sorry to read the misunderstanding about breakfast: if you need more information concerning prices and extra charges please contact at any time our reservations office dialing the +39 02 62 305 555.
I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.