“Excellent hotel”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #4 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 29 December 2011

An excellent hotel! Rooms were refurbished to a very high standard and the room size is good for Milan. Service is faultless too. Only downside is the breakfast is horrible, especially for the high asking price. Processed sausages and stale breads, and no toaster! Still a 5* hotel I would gladly come back to though

Room Tip: The mosaic rooms are recently refurbished and are designed exquisitely.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank NickBiju
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales and Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

Dear Nicholas,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us and choosing Hotel Principe di Savoia during your trip Milan.
I am very delighted to hear you appreciated our hotel, our rooms and our service, which is what we strive and like to be known for. Moreover I am very glad to hear that you will come back to visit us.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Principe di Savoia soon,
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 8 December 2011

This was my second stop in this hotel, just two nights for business's purpose but absolutely perfect. From the concierge's staff to the room I can not find anything to complain. This is a really five star lusso hotel close by everything actually just few minutes by foot you can reach nice and safe area full of small bistrò and restaraunt. In conclusion a must if you are planning a visit in this city.

1  Thank Fab65Roma_Italy
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales and Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you kind feedback and for choosing Hotel Principe di Savoia during your trip to Milan.
I am very delighted to hear that your stay lived up to your expectations. I will certainly pass your comments to the rest of the team .

Antonella Sgobba,

Reviewed 25 November 2011

The glamour of the 80's is gone. The hotel went under a lot of renovation. Rooms (most of them very spacious) have been redone. I stayed at the hotel 3 times since July.
I didn't enjoy the room of my last stay. Lights in the room are too bright and very complicated to
operate.impractical not because it is new technology, but not well thought out.
furnitures are copies of the old one without the charm and the quality. Great bathroom
Restaurant....very good
The staff is great and the service is impeccable.
One of the best hotel in Milano

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Principe di Savoia and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
We certainly strive to provide impeccable service throughout the hotel and I am glad you hear that you found this to be true . In particular I am delighted to hear that you appreciated Acanto restaurant and its fine Italian cuisine.

Best Regards,

Antonella Sgobba,

Reviewed 24 November 2011

Stayed during summer, the hotel is in a great place with Metro station right outside and a short walk to the main shopping streets etc. The main train station is a walk away also. The rooms are incredible, the bathrooms are beautiful with a proper deep bath! The concierge helped us a lot, we turned up with a list of things to do and they told us more about the places we wanted to go and gave us a map and marked out where they were. They were certainly aware of their surroundings and knew everything about anything we asked, they couldn't have been more helpful. The bar which was kinda of in the lobby (I am told the main hotel bar is closed during August - as is much of Italy!) was lovely, the decor was excellent and very comfortable. It was a very posh hotel but it wasn't intimidating and we didn't feel at all out of place. We visited the pool on the top floor for a swim and the views are amazing! If/when I go back to Milan I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales and Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us and for choosing Hotel Principe di Savoia.

I am really delighted to hear you had a lovely experience at our Hotel and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I will certainly pass your kind comments to our concierge team who are always able to give the best tips on what is going on in Milan.

Moreover, I am delighted to hear that would come back again at Hotel Principe di Savoia and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

This is a beautiful 5 star experience. The glamour of the hotel is slightly faded but it still has great charm. It is situated a bit outside the centre but there is a free hotel shuttle into the city or take the metro which is a short walk away. I stayed for two nights and paid Eur 220 per night. I had the luck to arrive late and get upgraded to a fantastic suite in the tower section. It's in a separate building joined by a covered walkway. The suite was a real suite with a sitting room, two bathrooms and a large bedroom. Large flat screen TVs with free cable in both main rooms. There was excellent quality linen with generous Aqua di Parma toiletries.

The one draw back is that although I had a bargain on the room rate, everything you buy in the hotel is eyewateringly expensive. A pot of coffee and an OJ in the morning EUR27. The set breakfast EUR50, a room service pizza EUR30, a mini bar beer EUR8. Luckily in the quiet residential roads behind the hotel there are a number of excellent family run trattorias where you can have a great meal with wine for around EUR40.

The service is impeccable and the check-in highly efficient.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales and Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for choosing Hotel Principe di Savoia and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.
I am thrilled to hear that your experience lived up to your expectations and in particular that you appreciated our rooms and service which is what we strive and we like to known for.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

$680canadian/night; superb coffee; amazing bed/matress. Cool pool area however cramped gym facility. Amazing hotel overall. Would have been nice at this price point to have wifi included in the price & also in room coffee (nespresso). With that said i'd stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales and Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for choosing Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I’m delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your time at the hotel and that you truly appreciated our rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you soon at Hotel Principe di Savoia.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 November 2011

I'm normally a fan of the more modern boutique hotels, but was in Milan on business for two nights and had the pleasure of staying at this establishment. I didn;t even know that it was part of thr Dorchester Collection until i was working at teh desk and noticed a book about it. The hotel certainly deserves its place as part of teh world famous chain. I was upgraded to the most elegant of suites and was taken to my room by the receptionist who checked me in which I thought was nice touch. The room was spacious and comfortable with gorgeous furniture and the bathroom was decked out in Acqua de Palma products which I love.

I ordered room service as I arrived late and went for a pizza - which to my suprise was delicious and rustic and arrived very quickly and still hot. Breakfast did not disappoint and get ready for a feast of sweet pastries and cold delights. I must say on the hot breakfast from teh selection was slightly limited but still tasty.

The only thing I would say that led me to give it 4 stars instead of 6 is that teh internet in my room was not working and the bed was on teh firm side of things.

Other than that, I would go back in an instant!

Room Tip: I would reccommend room 101
1  Thank MrsJBT
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales and Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with us and for choosing Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoedpur excellent room service and our breakfast.
However, please accept my apologies regarding the internet not working which we have now fixed.

We look forward to welcoing you beack soon at Hotel Principe di Savoia,