“Traditional classic beautiful hotel”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #8 of 427 Hotels in Milan
“Traditional classic beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 19 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a spacious and beautiful room . A bit of a walk because we are at the attached tower but not too bad . The bed is big and extremely comfortable . The surcharges are too high in my eyes : wifi and any drinks or .. Very expensive . The service is very good but not in the room : they didn't clean it on time and when they did it wasn't perfect. In all this hotel deserves its high rank.

• Stayed October 2012
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Dear DafnaG,
thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I would like to investigate further the issue you mentioned with the cleaning service. If you could be so kind as to reply back in private and report a few more details, such as room number and dates of stay, I would really appreciate it.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in Milan. Please refer either to our website or to the reservations office for offers that include internet connection.

General Manager, Hotel Principe di Savoia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I was in Milan in the beginning of September for a trade show and is my first time to stay in this hotel, and I will surely go back again.
The lobby was so beautiful and the check-in staff was polite and efficient. I had been escort to my room then wow, the room is very classic and beautifully decorated. Yes, I would say it needs maintenance as you can see some of the things there was already broken or out of order eg. the security lock in the door was missing (I think it came off some time ago as I can see the nail mark in the door frame). The light in the wall was not working. The carpet was old and the room was a bit dark. But still, I feel so good as the room is really beautiful and clean. The size of the room was big, it was a suite with a lounge area then another door into the bedroom. I just love it.
I didn't go out for dinner because I was so tired after a full day in the fair, I tried their room service. It took them around 20 mins to delivery my pasta dinner which is very fast. Food was no complain!
I recommend everyone to try their breakfast buffet. Frankly speaking, the food choice wasn't great but with high quality. But the environment in the breakfast room was so so good that I just wanted to spend my whole morning there!
The overall experience was great and I will surely return!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CookingFan
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Dear CookingFan,
thank you for sharing your review about Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am glad that your overall experience with us was positive, we really do our best to try and provide our business guests with high standards of service and assistance. I am particularly glad that you appreciated our room service and the front office staff.

All the rooms and suites in the main building have recently undergone a massive refurbishment, so if you could be so kind as to get in touch with me, and include your room number or name, I would appreciate it.

I do sincerely hope to welcome you back again to Principe di Savoia upon your next trip to Milan.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Everything about this property speaks of quality and high levels of service. Wait staff and concierge were the bomb. The concierge staff in particular was OUTSTANDING, helping us with tickets and advice on sites and directions. Rooms lovely and bathroom excellent. Public spaces were terrific as well. Only down-side: condescending staff in the business center sits around and does as little as possible to help guests.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Jim S,
thank you for your kind comments about Hotel Principe di Savoia.
As you noticed, our staff is dedicated to providing high-quality, personal service.
Your comments have been duly noted, and I would appreciate it if you could reply back with details of your experience at the business centre.

I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back again soon.

Ezio Indiani
General Manager - Hotel Principe di Savoia.
Ipswich
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Grand entrance, attention to detail and staff extremely professional/friendly and helpful. Rooms and bathrooms superb, we had the classic room, large double bed and great television. Breakfast was great but £40/head is expensive. You can access city centre by walking through the park. Without charge you can use the pool/sauna/jacuzzi and it's well worth it. Really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Book well in advance.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Simon M
Dear Simon M,
thank you for your kind review.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your room and the Spa. Here at Principe di Savoia we strive to provide our business customers with those facilities that they may need through their working day, but also with the chance to relax and feel at home.
I do sincerely hope to welcome you back in Milan soon.

Best Regards,
Glen Cove, New York
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We recently spent a long weekend at the Hotel Principe Di Savoia, culminating a month-long vacation in Italy to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We couldn't have ended our vacation on a higher note.
To start, we received the warmest, friendliest greeting from the staff, who wished us a Happy Anniversary and showed us our room the highlights of the hotel, which were many. Our room was lovely and spacious and decorated beautifully in a classic style; the bed was very comfortable with sumptuous linens and the large bathroom had all of the luxury products necessary to make a long soak in the tub after a long day of walking just perfect!
Both the bar and the restaurant were beautifully decorated and very inviting to have a drink and/or a terrific three course dinner with your fellow international travellers. The food was outstanding and the service, impeccable. (Be sure to note that only the continental breakfast is included with the room rate.0
A bonus feature is the spa and pool on the roof with a panoramic view of the surrounding city. While we didn't have enough time to take advantage of the many spa offerings that were available, we did have a long luxurious swim in the pool which was just wonderful!
And did we mention the service? We have never experienced a staff which was so helpful, so caring and seemilngly so happy to be doing their jobs! Andrea Greggio, one of the mangers, is everywhere to be seen at all hours, watching over the staff, talking to the guests, solving problems and making sure that your stay is perfect in every way. He ought to be promoted to general manager if he hasn't already.
The hotel left nothing to be desired; it was truly one of the most beatiful and most inviting places we have ever stayed. Suffice it to say that this is the first time that we have taken the time to review a property (and we travel extensively) and we did so because it would be a shame for others not to be aware of this "gem" in Milano.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank barbara a
Dear Barbara a,
we are honoured to be the object of your first review on Tripadvisor, after such a long and important journey to Italy.
Here at the Principe di Savoia we are committed to personal touches. We were specially happy to notice that not only did you praise the hotel, but what is most important to us, our staff. I have passed your comment to Andrea Greggio, who was delighted by your kind words.

Should you want to visit us again on your 31st wedding anniversary, we would be more than happy to make it as special as this last one!
We really look forward to welcoming you back again at the Principe.

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Rooms are nicely decorated very classical.
The breakfast is just amazing!
The service is good. The bathroom are quiet big. The swimming pool is ok and the gym is having an amazing view.

At the front office the staff is a little bit snobish but remain ok.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the renoating rooms.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Dear Ma E,
thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor.
I am glad that you loved the breakfast, and had the time to take advantage of our fitness club facilities.
Here at the Principe we are all committed to providing personalised assistance, beside the high quality standards we are known for. I'm sorry if we failed to communicate a warm feel to you.

We haven't had the pleasure to have you with us in 2012, so I look forward to welcoming you back again soon and see if this time we can make your stay at Principe di Savoia just as perfect as it should be.

Best Regards
London
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Stayed here for one night on business, shame I only got to spend a couple of hours here because the ambience and huge rooms were definitely something I'd have liked to enjoy more.

It's easier to describe the room as an apartment; a walk in cupboard, huge marble bathroom, sitting room and then a bedroom with a super king bed. Not all rooms are this big by the way but out of 6 of us staying there, 5 of us were in rooms this size.

A colleague used the gym and pool and was extremely complimentary.

Staff very cheerful and polite, certainly felt like a 5 star hotel.

Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the tower are very well appointed but a fair way from reception and the bars.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Zippy_69,
thank you for your review about Hotel Principe di Savoia.
It is indeed a shame you didn't have the chance to spend a little more time in your suite or enjoy the Spa and gym facilities on the tenth floor!

I definitely look forward to welcoming you back here again, maybe on a leisure weekend. There are plenty of things to do and see in Milan, and if you take a look at our website you may be pleasantly surprised.