“A true luxury hotel!”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #6 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This hotel is fantastic! It is a beautiful hotel with rooms that are extremely spacious by European standards. The beds are very comfortable! The staff is very attentive and nice. They have a complimentary limousine shuttle that takes you and picks you up from a few key areas in town. Additionally the have an excellent workout facility on the top floor of the hotel that has incredible views along with an indoor pool and jacuzzi (so bring your swimsuit!). The restaurant and bar are elegant with delicious food and a wide variety of fun cocktails. The food and drinks are quite pricey but overall worth every penny!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Dear Brad and Colette,
thank you so much for this lovely review about Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you had the time to try a few of our services.
I will make sure to pass your comments on to our staff.

We do hope to welcome you back soon!
Sincerely

There are newer reviews for Hotel Principe Di Savoia

Reviewed 25 October 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two nigths on business. It is a beautiful place with outstanding facilities. Very elegant. Breakfast was fantastic. Gym and pool facilities are difficult to find in a hotel. Staff polite and attentive. They had me at the lobby but the aqua di parma shampoos, etc made me love them! I will definetely go back!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Dear Paulo F,
thank you for your review about the Hotel Principe di Savoia.
It is always a pleasure when a business traveller has the chance to try our facilities and the restaurant.
I will certainly share your kind comments with the rest of the staff.

We really do hope to welcoming you back again upon your next trip to Milan.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

I stayed at the hotel during the fashion week the hotel was busy because I told them this my first stay the offer an upgrade from a regular room to a suite but in the tower, I found strange for that upgrade and said I have to see the suite first, I had to walk into a maze to get to that tower I had to use two different elevators, the suite was terrible smily old furniture the TV was 13 inch very small you can hardly see it.
I went to the reception and told them I don't want their upgrade and I need the room I reserved in the main building.
while I was there three of the new first time they were offered the same upgrade.
The room I got was very nice in every aspect, so never accept upgrade to or stay at the tower.
the price is very expensive 8 Euros for Espresso if you go around the corner you will get it in one those many cafes for 1 Euros, the breakfast which more than normal cost 45 Euros.
No coffee machine, wifi at extra costs 9 Euros for iPad and mobiles and about 20 Euros for laptop!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Solivagant78

Dear Jalmarri,
thank you for sharing your review about Hotel Principe di Savoia.
As a policy, whenever possible we grant a free upgrade to all new guests as a welcome gesture. Returning guests get the same room if they express the wish. We do this not to play tricks on those travellers who choose us, but to introduce them to all the services we offer and then personalise them together as they return.
If you or your company/travel agent booked a standard room in the secondary building, then our staff upgraded you to a suite there. The same would have happened in the main building.

That said, we take comments about the "Tower" building seriously, and we are working to provide complete satisfaction to all our guests, no matter who they are or which room they booked. So thank you for your note, we will really look into this.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again,
Best Regards

Reviewed 24 October 2012

We stayed for just one night on our way to Genova and got a spacious suit with elegant but rather worn furniture. All was perfect exept for not being able to turn off the air conditioning, which caused me to sniff all the day after. The hotel restaurant surprised me with an excellent risotto and quality wine. The complimentary shuttle transport to city centre is a nice option but needs to be more frequent and with a prolonged time zone. The hotel as an overall impression has a good potential, but needs some vital improvements to become a real sensation.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Milena P

Dear Milena P,
thank you for your review about the Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the restaurant.
I do hope that you reported the issue with the air conditioning and that we at least tried to assist you with that.

Your comment about your room has been duly noted. I imagine that you stayed in the secondary "tower" building, since all the rooms in the main building have recently been completely refurbished. We are presently taking action to ensure that for the future your stay will be impeccable.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future, maybe for a stay of two or more nights that will give you the opportunity to take advantage of all our services.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

The hotel is simply beautiful in the real classic Italian conception.
The rooms are spacious furnished with antique furniture, the bathroom was very spaciuous as well and all in marble. But the best of all was the quality of the bed. Just didn't want to leave it.....
The bar is worth a visit. Cocktail are aorund 20€ but they are excellent and are served with a great variety of snacks. The staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was tops. Make sure you book a rate that includes breakfast (orderd alone, it is 45€). Location could not have been better. Within walking distance of all th "great" spots.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Frieda S,
thank you for sharing your comments about the Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am happy that you loved your accomodation, for in our guestrooms we take great care of every detail. And the bed is no secondary aspect!
It is also a great reward for us when our Guests take the time to try our services, such as the bar, the spa or the limo shuttle service. So thanks again for your kind words.

We do hope to welcome you back again soon here in Milan.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

To end a month long trip to italy, my husband booked the Romance Package at the Principe di Savoia hotel in Milan. This was an outstanding hotel, on every level. We had a beautiful junior suite...gorgeous drapes, linens and furniture.This package included champagne, strawberries, two half hour massages, in room breakfast and a three course meal at one of their restaurants. Everything was outstanding!I will review the restaurant separately. We stay at Four Seasons Hotels and Ritz carlton Hotels, but his hotel outdid them all...in a class by itself. It is expensive, but if you are looking to celebrate a special occasion, you should consider this beautiful hotel.This was a little slice of heaven. We hope to return someday.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the hotel. Very quiet and beautiful.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear abdott,
thank you for posting your review about Hotel Principe di Savoia!
It is always a pleasure to read a feedback about one of our packages, which are available when booking directly with us. We work very hard to include those features our guests may wish for, depending on the type of stay they will have - leisure or business, couple or family.

Thank you for your lovely review about Acanto restaurant, too!
I really look forward to welcoming you and your husband again upon your next visit to Italy.

Ezio Indiani
General Manager - Hotel Principe di Savoia.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

3 days in massive and beautifully arranged king size bedroom. All amenities you can think of for a little more than what you would pay in nice hotel in Milan. Being slightly away from the center has its advantages, although very easy to connect by subway and cab. Many very nice top level restaurants around. Pool and Sauna & Hamam free. Note that Saturday was very busy. Staff are very professional - once they notice you. This implies that if you are not a declared fashionista exhibitionist or a brand walking billboard you may experience some interesting reactions or more exactly a lack of it. This is however true in many so called luxury places in Milan and indicates that staff are trained to deal with - necessarily demanding - customer, only if it shines like gold in the sun, exude expensive bad taste or has been obviously refurbished from top to bottom. You will find indeed many of those hanging in the lobby. Some will complain that a decent espresso costs 6 Euros. I will defend the positioning as an moderately successful segmentation attempt of the above. More surprising is the systemic internet charge, which can be avoided with a package or a suite. Note the decent but no thrill breakfast. Food manager should understand that mediocre smoked salmon is not as exiting as top traditional Italian hams and cheese, burratas, season's fruits and other high grade Italian delicatessen that I generally can access in less sophisticated environment. In summary, it's efficient, service is good and the hotel is remarkable but it does have a little "chain" taste that may leave you ... expecting a bit more. A good priced experience overall for a seasoned traveller with probably too much references and... a scruffy NYC look.

Room Tip: Got a package for a tower suite - Upgraded to Deluxe king size room. Internet was "free".
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Terry-Gva-New-York
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Dear Terry-Gva-New-York,
thank you for your review about the Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I appreciate a touch of irony when I see it, and I admit your comment was quite funny.
Yes, our hotel is home to actors, fashion designers and jet setters in general, but we also welcome business people of all kinds all year round, and families travelling around Europe from overseas, and parties of friends. Our bars and fitness centre are open to the public and Milanese people come and go every day.

We try to meet everyone's expectations, and anticipate them when we can.
I know our staff at the Spa is committed to providing guests with utmost relaxation and well being. I am sorry if you were not as promptly acknowledged as you wished.
Your comment about the breakfast has been duly noted.

Looking forward to welcoming you back,
Sincerely