“Use carefully to get good value”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #4 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 7 November 2012

This is an elegant hotel with immense charm and only 2 miles from the centre of Milan. Our superior room was spacious and great value at just over 400 euros per night. All the staff were fantastic but we found the additional prices for food and drink poor value. As an example two G&T's with two waters was £40 which is silly, no matter how many olives and crisps are put on the table.
There is an excellent and frequent courtesy limousine service into the City and back and the concierges have the timetable. Milan is a city with great heart and we found the Milanese warm and friendly so we headed to the city for breakfast, coffee, lunch and dinner. Look beyond trip advisor for restaurants; they are poorly ranked and the good ones are well outside the top 100.

Room Tip: Try for the lower floors on the front. There is little noise to worry about and excellent a/c in eve...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Dear David and Gillian,
thank you for sharing your review.
We like it when couples choose the Principe for their romantic getaways. I am delighted that you liked the free limousine service. As you noted, Milan is warm and caring and offers a variety of attractions for tourists.
Also, thank you for your comment about the bar prices. We will surely take it into consideration.

I'd love to welcome you again in Milan. We have an offer designed for couples that includes a massage for two and a three course dinner.
If you eve decide to visit us again, and we hope you do, please do not hesitate to get in touch and we will help you pick the best solution for you.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

classic expensive hotel. you give much, they give them back to you. centre of Milan, a bit away if you walk from the central station. great restaurant a few metres. internet connection should not be charged. quiet for sleeping. luxurius decoration.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank George H

Dear George H,
thank you for sharing your review about Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am glad that you liked the location, room and quality of sleep. I hope the service was also up to your expectations.
Thank you for your note about internet connection, which has been duly noted.

I hope to welcome you back in Milan soon.
Ezio Indiani - General Manager
Hotel Principe di Savoia

Reviewed 3 November 2012

I stayed a couple of nights, on business as there was a conference at the Hotel. Spacious room with all the accessories (but no tea-making); sizeable bathroom with lots of towels, well lit.
Air conditioning/heating worked well without being obtrusive.
Excellent health facilities on the top floor with great view; I used the steam room and pool morning and evening.
Breakfast at €37 was more than I had strength for first thing in the morning, and an €8 coffee needed to be pretty strong!

Room Tip: ask for one overlooking the Piazza.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear timbo59uk,
thank you for your review on the Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am delighted that you liked our fitness and beauty centre.

We really look forward to seeing you again upon your next trip to Milan. On our website you will find offers that include breakfast, along with other services that our business guests usually take advantage of, such as wifi connection and dry cleaning. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further information.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

Summary : Elegant hotel, attentive and professional staff, great restaurant and room service. Found deluxe premium room to be quite nice and large enough for a couple. Really enjoyed ourselves here. Did not have a chance to use the spa and fitness center but colleagues reported they were very nice too.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Dear NewEnglandheart,
thank you for your lovely review about the Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am delighted that you liked our restaurant and the room service too.
We do hope to welcoming you back again soon upon your return to Milan.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

This hotel is fantastic! It is a beautiful hotel with rooms that are extremely spacious by European standards. The beds are very comfortable! The staff is very attentive and nice. They have a complimentary limousine shuttle that takes you and picks you up from a few key areas in town. Additionally the have an excellent workout facility on the top floor of the hotel that has incredible views along with an indoor pool and jacuzzi (so bring your swimsuit!). The restaurant and bar are elegant with delicious food and a wide variety of fun cocktails. The food and drinks are quite pricey but overall worth every penny!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Dear Brad and Colette,
thank you so much for this lovely review about Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you had the time to try a few of our services.
I will make sure to pass your comments on to our staff.

We do hope to welcome you back soon!
Sincerely

Reviewed 25 October 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two nigths on business. It is a beautiful place with outstanding facilities. Very elegant. Breakfast was fantastic. Gym and pool facilities are difficult to find in a hotel. Staff polite and attentive. They had me at the lobby but the aqua di parma shampoos, etc made me love them! I will definetely go back!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear Paulo F,
thank you for your review about the Hotel Principe di Savoia.
It is always a pleasure when a business traveller has the chance to try our facilities and the restaurant.
I will certainly share your kind comments with the rest of the staff.

We really do hope to welcoming you back again upon your next trip to Milan.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

I stayed at the hotel during the fashion week the hotel was busy because I told them this my first stay the offer an upgrade from a regular room to a suite but in the tower, I found strange for that upgrade and said I have to see the suite first, I had to walk into a maze to get to that tower I had to use two different elevators, the suite was terrible smily old furniture the TV was 13 inch very small you can hardly see it.
I went to the reception and told them I don't want their upgrade and I need the room I reserved in the main building.
while I was there three of the new first time they were offered the same upgrade.
The room I got was very nice in every aspect, so never accept upgrade to or stay at the tower.
the price is very expensive 8 Euros for Espresso if you go around the corner you will get it in one those many cafes for 1 Euros, the breakfast which more than normal cost 45 Euros.
No coffee machine, wifi at extra costs 9 Euros for iPad and mobiles and about 20 Euros for laptop!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Solivagant78

Dear Jalmarri,
thank you for sharing your review about Hotel Principe di Savoia.
As a policy, whenever possible we grant a free upgrade to all new guests as a welcome gesture. Returning guests get the same room if they express the wish. We do this not to play tricks on those travellers who choose us, but to introduce them to all the services we offer and then personalise them together as they return.
If you or your company/travel agent booked a standard room in the secondary building, then our staff upgraded you to a suite there. The same would have happened in the main building.

That said, we take comments about the "Tower" building seriously, and we are working to provide complete satisfaction to all our guests, no matter who they are or which room they booked. So thank you for your note, we will really look into this.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again,
Best Regards