Hotel Principe Di Savoia
US$261
US$276
US$261
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$133
Hotel Berna(Milan)
US$133
US$112
  • Room Service
WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo(Milan)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$125
US$86
2,060 results
All reviewslimousine servicedorchester collectiondorchester groupmosaic roombeautiful hoteldi parmaluxury hotelpremium roomconcierge deskmain restauranttop floorroom servicefour seasonsjunior suitepark hyattthe hotel offerscity centre
Reviewed 4 January 2013

A very beautiful, old world hotel. Rooms were lovely. The dining room and parlor at breakfast and tea was a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach. I agree with the posters who found the services overpriced. I can recall ordering a glass of white wine...for $18.00. I told the smug bar server he could keep it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank globetrotterfromny
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear globetrotterfromny,
thank you for sharing your review about your recent stay at Hotel Principe di Savoia.

While I am pleased to read that you loved your accomodation and breakfast, I would like to hear more about your experience at the bar. If you would like to get in touch privately, I will be most thankful.
I hope you and your family had the chance to try our complimentary services, such as the Spa and fitness centre or the limousine shuttle service.

We do hope to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Over the years, I've stayed here on business and always appreciated the large rooms and friendly staff , but felt it was a little "dated.".

When we decided to vacation as a family in Milan, we chose the hotel for the room sizes and reasonable price relative to others in the area.

We were pleasantly surprised as it appeared to have been completely updated since my last stay. The entrance has been opened up and is quite warm and colorful. The check in was easy and we were in our rooms immediately despite arriving early in the morning. I noticed that the walls were all freshly painted.

The rooms are large and had plenty of sunlight. The decor is old world style with beautiful wood furnishings.the bathroom is also up to date and had all of the amenities and good water pressure in the showers.

The only knock was that you had to pay for wifi, though not a shock as each hotel has its policies.

The location is solid and they had a shuttle to the central area, about a 5 minute cab rideor20 minute walk. The shuttle is likely only during the holiday season to the Duomo and market.

Lastly, despite staying over the Christmas holiday, bravo to the Concierges who found us several excellent restaurants that were open.

Overall, a good choice in Milan.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear travelwithkids_7,
thank you for this lovely review about your recent stay with us.
I am delighted that you had the opportunity to try our unique concierge services, and I am glad to have the chance to confirm that our complimentary limousine shuttle service is available throughout the year.

All our rooms were recently refurbished in classic style and design details. While I am pleased that you loved your accomodation, I would like to reassure you that your comment about wifi prices has been duly noted.

We look forward to welcoming back you and your family again in Milan soon.
Sincerly,

Reviewed 25 December 2012

After a long 8 hour journey on Delta I was warmly welcomed by the staff of the hotel. I have went to many hotels and this is one of the BEST! The rooms were very nice and the staff were kind.
The concierge helped me and my family find good places to eat as well as giving us a van to head to the Christmas Markets. It was also easy to check in at the front desk. We got morning and evening housekeeping. That was good because Im not the most neat person you will come across. In total I rate this hotel 5 stars. I highly suggest you stay here too!

Room Tip: Rooms higher up in the hotel are better because it is not at all noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear Ethan Z,
thank you for sharing your kind words about your recent stay at Hotel Principe di Savoia.
We understand that Guests flying in after a long journey need rest and comfort, and we try to apply flexibility for check-in times whenever this is possible.

I will certainly share your comment with our staff, front desk and concierge in particular, and I do hope to welcome you back at the Principe upon your next journey to Italy,

Sincerely

Reviewed 20 December 2012

I arrived at the Hotel after a horrible journey where I miss my first train than had to wait 2 hours to catch the one getting me to the destination... all together 7hours to do less than 500km!
Upon check in it took a good minute to the lady at the desk to acknowledge me! Then there was no warm welcome or questioning on how was my trip! Sorry but it was important as I had a horrible one! Then it was professional but cold...
They didn’t escort me to the room (For a Palace it’s a must I think!) but this one was beautiful! Honestly it is a perfect room… outside of the view but anyway I didn’t have time to look outside. Really nicely appointed and decorated…
I went to their bar and the experience was good, cosy, trendy and charming… There again the service was efficient but not with a smile or interested in my happiness… Food was good…
Had breakfast and the selection and quality was great… Again service was professional only…
Overall I liked the hotel but outside of the Housekeeping staff and the Concierge (Oldest guy there I think) who were really smiling and happy to help all other staff didn’t feel like they wanted to make you feel good in their hotel and it is why I can’t say that my stay was the best!
But don’t take me wrong it is a beautiful and really good hotel but please tell the bell boy and your bouncer at the entrance to say Hello to people when they enter the hotel! I spent 3 nights I think and never was welcome upon return!
Will I stay there next time… Maybe or maybe not because I like to feel welcome…

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Dear SheikhDaCize,
thank you so much for sharing your experience at Hotel Principe di Savoia.

While I'm delighted that you enjoyed your room and the food, I am extremely sorry that we did not make you feel welcome. I can assure you this is not usually how we treat our Guests and it saddens me that you were not able to experience the warmth our staff is worldwide known for.

I sincerely hope that you will come back and we can reverse your perception.
Happy holidays,
Sincerely

Reviewed 18 December 2012

I stay there for a bussines event with dinner for 300 people. The food was OK, you cannot expect Michelin stars level served at the same time for more than 300 people... at dessert I had to leave the dinner so I decided to pass by the lobby bar for a quick espresso coffee... I was expecting a 5 stars service so coffee included in the dinner, even if I was not anymore in the dining saloon, where coffee was going to be served, I mentioned the waitress but....
I got just a deny and a bill of 18 € for 3 standard espressos!!!! The 5 stars should not only come out from the bill!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Carlo B

Dear Mr Carlo B,
thank you for sharing this review about your recent experience at an event at Hotel Principe di Savoia.
While it is reasonable to expect coffee to be served along with "petit fours" at the end of a dinner within one of our meeting rooms, the bar located in our lobby is an entirely different establishment I am afraid.

I cannot comment on the service you received during the dinner, since the type of menu varies according to what the meeting planners agreed on with our banqueting service. If you would like to explain further, please do get in touch either here on Tripadvisor or via our website.