“very nice hotel, wonderful staff, great breakfast”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #6 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 17 April 2013

we had a one night stay at hotel principe di savoia between a train ride and a flight. the hotel is located very close to the train station (walking distance) and easy to access all that milano has to offer. the grounds are beautiful, as is the presentation of the hotel. the staff was extremely courteous, helpful and nice. we enjoyed the pool, sauna and hamman- though i did expect the pool to be a bit bigger from photos- it was fine as there was noone else swimming!

the breakfast was fresh with a lot of variety and the staff at the restaurant were smiling and very accomodating.we originally reserved our room with a third party website and after a bit of confusion regarding the booking, the hotel was understanding and quick to add an extra bed to our room.

we travel to milan quite often and i would be happy to stay here again-

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear arayaglaser,
thank you for sharing this review about your recent stay at Hotel Principe di Savoia.
It is wonderful that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Principe di Savoia and that everything went beautifully. I am particularly glad that you loved the service and breakfast.

We would be delighted to have you back again. Should you choose the Principe again for your next trip to MIlan, please let me know in advance and I will be glad to give your family a warm welcome.

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Principe Di Savoia

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Since this is unashamedly an expensive old style luxury hotel, part of the elite Dorchester group, you are not likely to stay there very often, unless you are an oligarch. So assuming this is a rare weekend treat for most visitors and is not on business expenses, it is important not to dwell on the fact that a cocktail costs 20 euros; that you can buy two bottles of good supermarket prosecco for the price of a glass in the bar; and you need to allow, realistically,100 euros a head for dinner in the splendid restaurant. Once you are over that mental hurdle, you can then enjoy the unbeatable ambience; the benefits of higher than average ratio of professional staff focussed on guest care; and a concern about food quality that I have yet to find in other hotels - anywhere.

If you need to balance out the expenditure, Milan now has a good collection of small cafes and restaurants with ordinary prices within walking distance. And in terms of timing of your trip to manage accommodation costs, avoid convention and conference times - and fashion week if you can.

The sign of an excellent hotel is how staff react to a problem. A minor plumbing issue with the hot water flow in our daughters' room elicited a rapid response, and when it could not readily be fixed without a spare part, there was an immediate offer for them to move to another room. We declined; a further unsuccessful attempt was made; the rooms manager came to see us personally at Sunday brunch to apologise; and a bottle of the local champagne-quality sparkling wine then arrived.

We found the basic free wifi to be adequate, if slow,for emails and simple downloads. The pool and gym were OK, though the water was slightly warm and the gym at 25C soon felt uncomfortable. I should have adjusted the wall thermostat or opened the windows earlier.

An excellent weekend. Bravo!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Quodnumquamscis

Dear Quodnumquasmscis,
thank you for your through review of the Hotel.
At the Hotel Principe di Savoia we take immense pride in providing the highest quality of service and to have an exceptional staff at hand.
I am delighted to hear that although you encountered a problem we were able to quickly assist you and that you felt the dedication of our Staff. I have spoken with our team at Club 10 regarding the water temperature and room temperature and this is something we will definitely be more careful about in the future.

I hope to have you again soon as our Guest.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 15 April 2013

That such a prestigious and welcoming Hotel, with a good location, excellent restaurant, and the absolutely most stunning spa and health center, with an incredible view of the alps on a clear day.

Hotel with old and welcoming staff, to make your life easy and pleasurable. What a pity that they should stoop to charging for wifi, and at outrageous daily rate of $40. It really is a business Hotel, and even if they charged more for the room would be OK, the wifi charge has the feel of gouging, and make the guest feel unappreciated, and makes the connecting laborious and time consuming as well as the feeling of being gyped.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FloridaBetterhalf
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Dear FloridaBetterhalf,
thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.
I am glad that you loved the hotel location and services and I hope to welcome you again upon your next trip to Milan.

I would also like to let you know that starting from February 2013 we have changed our internet service provider and policy.
Internet access up to 256 kb/s is now free for all guests. This connectivity speed is sufficient to browse through emails or surf the web, while unlimited access is still available for a fee.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon,
Sincerely

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Quite simply the best hotel in the world.

I really don't know where to start because there are so many great things to say about this hotel. I have stayed here a few times now and every time it is fantastic.

It is like a stately home in a city. The rooms are beautiful and the hotel is stunning from the lovely terraces to the spa on the 10th floor. Unassuming elegance is the best way to describe the style which welcomes royals and football superstars without anyone taking a second glance. It is a complete home from home.

The staff are all excellent. So helpful and delightful.

The location is excellent. 15 minutes walk from the Duomo and main shopping streets, but you don't have to walk because you can take on of the hotel limos free of charge. But also it is on the main tram lines too and only 5 minutes from the central station. There are lots of lovely restaurants nearby.

The breakfast is epic. With a fantastic hot buffet and a cold buffet with a selection of amazing pastries and champagne on tap. Really I have stayed in hundreds of hotels but this is the best breakfast I have ever had.

Now this hotel is not cheap as you would expect, it is part of the Dorchester Collection, but it is worth every penny.

I can't wait to return soon

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Dear nicporter1,
what can I say to such flattering words? Thank you!
We believe that any good hotel can guarantee luxury services. At Dorchester Collection that is not enough, though. Our staff is passionately committed to providing an experience of excellence. It is for us of the highest importance if our Guests feel that.

We look forward to seeing you again soon at the Principe.
When you do, please let me know about your arrival date. I shall be most glad to give you a warm welcome back.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

I spent two nights at this hotel and I was very impressed with two things: the service level and the breakfast – both really great!

I would not call this a truly luxurious hotel, but even though it’s an old hotel everything is very well kept and nothing that I could see was worn down. The beds are ok, the bathroom ok and the room size is ok too but nothing really stood out as it should in a luxury hotel. I, of course, had the most basic room and I can imagine that if you pay a bit more you will for sure get a room that has that extra thing.

In short, I can recommend this hotel for both business and vacation travel and I will most probably return on my next trip to Milan.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear ErikFromSweden,
thank you for this review about Hotel Principe di Savoia.
While I am pleased to read that you loved the service received, I am sorry if you were not that impressed with the style of our hotel. All the rooms were recently refurbished and the common areas redesigned by world-famous architects. Actually I daresay we do not have any such thing as "basic" accomodations.

I really hope that the Principe may become your home in Milan. If you do choose our hotel again, please let me know in advance and we will make sure to prepare a warm welcome back for you.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

The hotel is located within walking distance to the sights, bars and sounds of Milan. The hotel itself is clean and tidy throughout. We noticed that the rooms were quiet and could not hear the noise outside! We liked the swimming pool on the roof with its panoramic scenery. Reception was quick and efficient. Would stay here again next time in Milan!

Room Tip: Use the hotel drop off and pick up service to take you to and from the centre of MIlan if you dont f...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear IMAD123,
thank you for sharing your review about your stay at hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am pleased to read that you loved the hotel, its services and the location. We really hope to welcome you and your partner again this year. You'll be surprised at how much the surrounding area has changed with the new skyscrapers, shops and walking/cycling paths.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I felt like a goddess in this hotel. It was wonderful and everything one would expect. Totally loved it! Beautiful hotel and superb service.

The only downside is the location to Central Station as this is a rather dodgy area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Dear feedee61,
thank you so much for your kind review about your stay at Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am so pleased if we managed to convey to you the spirit with which we take care of our Guests: every single one of them is special at the Principe, and we do our best to anticipate their needs. So thank you for your lovely note about the service, which I have shared with the rest of the team.

The hotel is conveniently located between the Central Station, the historical centre and the lively night scene of Corso Como. I hope to welcome you again soon and maybe then we will assist you in organising any leisure activities you might fancy.