“Service just ain't what it used to be...”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #5 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This was my second stay at the Principe in Milan, my first having been about 18 months ago in February of 2012. My first stay was for business, and I raved about the hotel - even considered staying there when we were in Milan for vacation this past June. I was excited to book another stay at the Principe, again for business, in September of 2013. Unfortunately I did not have the same excellent experience. Bags were not sent to my room when I was promised (several times) that they would be, leaving me with 15 minutes to clean up and change for dinner - with no suitcase. Upon finding that the blowdryer was malfunctioning the first morning, I stopped at the front desk to request a replacement. Needless to say I found the same broken blowdryer in my room the next morning. The hotel also completely blew my wakeup call on the morning of my departure - luckily I set my own alarm as a backup or I would have missed my flight. I also refuse to pay 12 euros for a cappuccino just on principle - it can't be that good. The accommodations are lovely, but be sure to follow up on anything that you request of the staff. Also the scene in the bar at night has really changed....let's just say that some business was being conducted, out in the open and obvious to all.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alissa B
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Alissa B,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am extremely sorry that during your last stay you encountered so many mishaps.
I can reassure you that all the staff at the hotel takes great pride in their work and strives to always meet and anticipate the needs of our Guests. I will be sure to share this review with my team in order to understand what went wrong in order that these misfortunes never happen again.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back in order to leave you once again with a beautiful memory of the Hotel Principe di Savoia.

Warm regards,
Ezio Indiani

Write a ReviewReviews (1,992)

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I have always been a fan of Principe di Savoia and have been coming here for years. I have noticed a real dive in services along the years. Ok, it's the most convenient hotel during fashion week but the hotel doesn't seem to be able to cope with it. Not only the room rate can double during peek time and you might get the handicap room with no bath and a direct view onto a wall, but you get charged €20/ day for an internet service that doesn't acutally work. Leave alone the free option...It takes 5 minutes to upload a simple page. By the time someone comes or call back to check the internet, it's 24hours late and you have to purchase another 24hours. For a ***** hotel, it's quite cheap to charge for internet these days. Usually I come here for work and not being able to send or receive e-mails fast, surf the internet is a big problem. Another issue...I am bored of the Alcanto restaurant breakfast. It's the same forever. I come here sometimes twice/ month and really can't stand eating the same €45 breakfast. Can we have some variations such as Japanese option like other ***** hotels in Paris for example? Or some sort of monthly special...? Also, the reception is inconsistant. Sometimes they are friendly, sometimes they are not. The room service is usually delicious but 30minutes wait for a vegetable soup (I believe it only needs to be heated up) is a bit long. The Principe Bar during fashion is aweful. The music is cheesy and it gets so busy. May be Principe is just victim of it's own success. I still like the hotel and am hoping for improvements.

Room Tip: Get a room with bath and view on Piazza Republica
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mistyrabbit
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear mistyrabbit,
thank you for sharing this review, although of course I am sorry if you didn't enjoy your the services received. Please let me know if you're still in the hotel, since Fashion Week is still on. We are at your disposal to discuss details in person and make changes to your service where possible.

During fashion week we struggle to offer the best service to all our guests. While this can be challenging in a time when the hotel is completely booked, I can assure you that all our staff is ready to go out of their way to assist you.
As for internet connection, you will hardly find luxury hotels that offer it free of charge up to a certain speed, like we do. During these hectic days all our guests use it and that may result in a slower connection. I apologise for that.
Our buffet breakfast has been recently changed with a variety of cold cuts, organic food, bread and cakes that our guests are enthusiastic about - usually. I understand that you find it "boring" because you're often here with us: if you feel for a change, please do speak out your preferences. During breakfast our staff is available to have the kitchen prepare specific dishes.

Again, if you are still here with us please just let our staff know that we have gotten in touch over this review and I will be glad to meet you, or someone from the managing team will.
Otherwise I am available via private message or an email to our website.

Sincerely

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I loved the room, the location, the staff, and the amenities! The room was luxurious, spacious and most importantly comfortable. The location(being in Milan) and so central was great! Just a hop and a skip from designer shopping and great local eateries. The staff are gracious! The food was great and they had plenty of vegan options(or things they could make vegan) including the morning breakfast buffet! I loved the spa and gym. It has a great view of the city. U can see old Milano and the new Milano that's going up....Would def. stay here again!

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are just marvelous! Had a king suite?? 2nd or 3rd floor facing the entran...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Vanessa R,
thank you so much for sharing your review and all the lovely pictures.
I do sincerely hope to welcome you back to Milan in the future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We spent here our wedding anniversary and had a great time. Knowing it was a special date for us, we got upgraded to a Junior Suite. The location of the hotel is very convenient, and thanks to the complimentary limo service they offer you're only five minutes away from top shopping.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Javitxus

Dear Javitxus,
thanks for sharing your review about your stay at the Principe di Savoia.
We sincerely hope that you and your spouse will decide to make it a tradition to visit us on your anniversary.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 11 September 2013

End of June in Milano, Up to the smallest detail! I loved it.
The atmosphere was just amazing. The tea parlor is unique, the concierge is ready to spoil you rotten. The rooms are extravagant, the food one of the finest I have had in Milan.

Limousine service to scheduled destinations that are a bit beyond walking distance.
This came in handy, returning from the Galleria/ Scala on a rainy afternoon.

The art work in the corridor, the walls, the mosaics, the bathrooms, just beautiful.
Warm and luxurious, that's the feel I had.
Looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Nour E,
grazie, grazie, grazie.
Behind every detail there is a lot of hard work and dedication. So thank you for taking notice.
We do sincerely hope to have you as our guest on your next travel to Milan.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed only one night but found this hotel perfect. The staff is very helpful and friendly. We had made a mistake in our reservation and arrived at hotel one day later than we should. Despite that we were welcomed very warmly without any bad comments or fees. The breakfast was delicious with a big choice of dishes.Thanks a lot for a nice stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear EvgeniaRodnova,
thanks to you for sharing your review.
I am glad that you loved it here with us, but above all that you had the chance to try first hand the level of commitment of our team. We do feel it is our mission to help our guests whenever they are in distress.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon at the Principe,
Sincerely

Reviewed 9 September 2013

My experience at this hotel was like a dream! Absolutely breath taking! The service was wonderful and the restaurant in the hotel called Acanto was excellent! Great food and service!! A+++ Loved every minute of my 3 nights here! Thank you and I highly recommend this place!! Enjoy! :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Chantal M,
Thank you for the lovely review.
We sincerely hope to have you and your family again as our guest here in Milan.

Warm Regards