“Luxury with true personal warmth”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #8 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Miami Shores
“Luxury with true personal warmth”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed at Hotel Principe twice, once when we first arrived in Italy and again on our way home. It is a true luxury hotel that also has an amazingly friendly and unpretentious staff who make you feel very happy to be there.

We spent time in the bar and the sitting area, which is delightful. We were there on the weekend for the most sumptuous (free) breakfast buffet I've ever seen, set up in their gorgeous restaurant. I am still dreaming of the perfect cappuccinos they prepared.

Normally, I am do not believe that luxury hotels provide that much value for the price, but Hotel Principe was truly delightful in every way and left us with a warm feeling.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear AmyItalophile,
Thank you so much for your beautiful review and stunning pictures, which I will share with all the team. The "warm feeling" you mentioned is what we call our commitment to guests, and I am so glad that we managed to communicate that to you.
I am of course also delighted that you managed to enjoy our buffet breakfast - and the cappuccinos!

Looking forward to welcoming you back to your Milanese home.
Warm Regards
Ezio Indiani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I have stayed in this Hotel last year summer. It is very beautiful and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I have nothing to complain about whatsoever. I can recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Milan.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Stefan H,
thank you for sharing your review. We love that you loved it here with us!
We do sincerely hope that you and your partner will choose the Principe again on your next visit to Milan.

Warm Regards,
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Gorgeous hotel. 1st time in Milan and was very impressed by the gracious and courteous staff. They greeted this American warmly and did not snicker when I tried speaking some Italian and turned my CA drivers license over instead of my passport when checking in. Was a loooong flight.

After a quick stop by concierge to pick up power adapters for my electronics, was walked to my room by the gentleman who checked me in.

The room was very nice, but small. Had a wheelchair accessible bathroom, so the shower doors both opened, but was very tiny when they were closed.

The King bed I had was 2 twins pushed together, which I gathered is how all their Kings are after calling the front desk 3 times to confirm it was in fact a King room. Was very skeptical, but had a great sleep all 3 nights I was there. The blackout curtains made it the darkest room I've ever stayed in, it was awesome!

The lobby is beautiful and very inviting. The bar was a pretty happening scene and served me the most expensive vodka/tonic I've ever ordered at 23 Euro. That said it was a great drink.

Room service was very fast and the food was great as I watched the Eagles/Broncos Game at 11pm Milan Time.

Whenever I needed a cab, the gentlemen in front hailed one very quickly with little wait.

Everyone from the front desk to the bellman were so nice, would definitely stay here again.

Mille Grazie!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Bill B,
thank you for this review about Hotel Principe di Savoia.

While I am pleased to read that you loved the service received and enjoyed our Principe Bar I am sorry if you were not happy with the bed and shower.
I really hope that the Principe may become your home in Milan. If you do choose our hotel again, please let me know in advance and we will make sure to offer you a more accommodating room.

Frankfurt (Oder), Germany
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The top place to stay in Milan with just a few steps to the train station and up the road from Duomo Square. The restaurant is something to look forward to but reserve for a better seat. Not to be missed is a small cafe down the road called Cafe Bianco!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Albert R,
thank you for your kind review about your recent stay at Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am so glad that you loved your accommodation and Acanto restaurant.
We sincerely hope to welcome you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

It was a birthday and they noticed by upgrading our room and presenting us with champagne and birthday cake. The room was on a top floor with a view and the size of something approaching presidential in a small country. None the less, we were impressed. The Concierge desk is impeccably managed and the staff are very attentive to make you feel welcome and well looked after. Our only disappointment was the preference for provincial restaurants long known to be the best rather than their knowledge and experience of more up to the minute choices. Would we return to this hotel? Most definitely.

Room Tip: higher floor facing the square
Dear BlondeByChoice,
Thank you so much for this beautiful review.
I am happy that you spent your birthday at our Hotel and that you enjoyed your room.
It is always a pleasure to see that the dedication of our concierge team gains true recognition from our guests. Hopefully on your next stay with us we will be able to suggest a restaurant that is closer to your preferences.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon I wish you a wonderful day.
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

This was the beat hotel I stayed in Milan. The staff are super friendly and the style of lobby, restaurants and rooms are every classically elegant. The location is very close to the train station and it's about 20 minutes to the center by walking or 5 minutes by car. The good thing is that the hotel provide a free limo that can take you to and from the duomo and it's running every 15 minutes. Highly recommended...

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Marafi_Qatar,
thank you for sharing your review and beautiful pictures.
I am glad that you liked your room and the location, and also that you had the chance to take advantage of the car transfer service.

We do sincerely hope to welcome you back again on your next stay in Milan.
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed 7 October 2013

When booking this hotel, I encountered some problems (not replying to my e-mail etc), which made me a very unhappy customer. However, they did an amazing job in completely turning this first impression around and turning a complaint into an opportunity. When they realized a mistake happened, they went above and beyond to apologize. We were welcomed personally by the reservation manager and staff, apologizing for the delay in response and offering us an upgrade. This token of grattitude was very welcome, and made us forget about the unpleasant experience. Agreed, this is an upper-class (also price-wise) hotel, but you feel the grandeur of the old days and every customer is treated as king. Every small and big detail is present : impeccable service with a smile, clean and luxurious rooms and suites, a star-restaurant, an unparred breakfast buffet, a professional spa-and welness center etc. They also offer a limo shuttle service to the city which is very convenient.

I will surely recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues visiting Milano, I did not encounter the slightest hiccup in my stay there.

Looking forward to staying at the Principe again.

1 Thank Christophe_Olenaed
Dear Christophe_Olenaed,
Thank you so much for sharing your review.
As previously mentioned, we apologize for not replying in due time to your questions about things to do during your stay.
I am happy that upon your arrival we managed to show you our true colors. Delighted that you and your spouse also managed to experience all our outlets as they personify the Hotel.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back personally during your next stay.