“One of the World's BEST !!!”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #7 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Boston, Massachusetts
“One of the World's BEST !!!”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

After an absence of 20 years, I recently spent 2 short stays at the Principe Di Savoia in Milan, Italy. It was still a CIGA hotel when I was first there and very impressive at the time. However, it is now a member of the acclaimed Dorchester Collection and is nothing short of sensational. What a magnificent renovation DC did and what a gem they have created. The stylish hotel is not pretentious in any possible way, rather comfortable, inviting and gorgeous. The recently renovated rooms and suites are of the most beautiful I have seen....the fabrics, colours and appointments just stunning. Maybe the single sinks in many rooms may bother some, but this is no big deal, especially as the vanities are large. Best bed I have ever slept on and the quietness of the rooms is remarkable. The bar is sensational....nobody serves drinks like luxury European hotels and this one steals the show. As for Acanto restaurant, I had 2 dinners there, preferring not to go out....it was just too fabulous to stay in house. Wonderful service, beautiful presentations and glorious décor and ambiance. The breakfast is spectacular. This is a classy and wonderfully managed hotel. It is 10 minutes walk from the main shopping area and perfectly situated to the business district. The complimentary shuttle every 15 minutes to the centre is luxury in itself. A beautiful fitness centre and indoor pool are available on the top floor. I cannot wait to return and spend a longer visit in this divine 'albergo".....the blend of modern and classic is so perfectly balanced. LOVE IT !!!

Room Tip: The Premier rooms are large and stunning. And if you are up for a suite, a Principe corner suite wil...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear milboy1,
Happy to have welcomed you back at the Hotel Principe di Savoia and thank you for sharing this review. I am glad to see that you had the chance to appreciate the commitment of our staff, but also the unique style and high standards of Dorchester Collection. Nothing is left to chance and every small detail is important.
We do sincerely hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Milan: we would love you to consider this as your home in Italy.
Ezio Indiani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 14 November 2013

When you see the “professional photos” of a hotel, it’s usually much better than the real deal. Not here, no funny business, it’s exactly what you get. Spacious room, spacious bathroom, spacious bed, everything is nice and tidy. The breakfast is excellent and well-priced when booked together with the room; otherwise it’s quite overpriced. The bar offers a nice selection of cocktail in a fantastic atmosphere. While the hotel is not located in central Milan, the hotel runs a transportation service and the subway is just a minute away. The spa was nice but the Jacuzzi was actually colder than the main pool. Overall, it was a stunning experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Blu42
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Blu42,
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am happy that the Hotel exceeded your expectations and that you loved your room and bathroom, as well as the breakfast and fitness centre.
I sincerely hope to welcome you and your partner back soon at the Hotel Principe di Savoia.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel is a really nice one choice in Milan. I have stayed here twice and really enjoy it. I had a mosaic room wich i really think is a upgrade from the standard rooms. Service is top and so was the breakfast. If u want high standard hotel in Milan but not in the middle i really recomend this one.The only negative is the loaction other than that it was superb for my two night trip to Milan.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Robert M,
Thank you for sharing your experience.
As you can imagine I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was perfect. If you come back in the future please note that we also have a complimentary car service that takes our Guests to and from the historical centre and we would be more than happy to recommend the restaurants, shops and nightlife around the Hotel.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back soon at the Hotel Principe di Savoia and I wish you a wonderful Autumn.
Warm regards,
New Hope, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My wife and I just finished a trip to Ireland and England, and were reminded how much we enjoy ourselves when we travel to Europe. You may wish to ignore this review because it stems from at least a dozen visits at least a dozen years ago to this hotel. I was prompted to chance my comments because we are planning a trip to Milan and I want my wife to have the same top-class experience I have enjoyed. So, I immediately ran across this wonderful hotel when looking for a place to stay.
I have been a guest at most of the "Best Hotels of the World". This is absolutely one of them. Everything about this hotel is wonderful, from the rooms, the concierge service, to the limousine service to Malpensa, to the olives in the lounge. Any questions?
We can't wait to say hello.....

Room Tip: You can't make a mistake here. Just tell the staff what you want, and they will deliver.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dear JDR0,
Thank you so much for your beautiful review. I must agree that travelling through Europe is always lovely. I am delighted that you and your wife had a wonderful time at the Hotel Principe di Savoia and enjoyed everything - even the small details such as the olives!

I do sincerely hope to welcome you back soon, and that we will confirm the good memories you both have of our hotel.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 November 2013

What can I say about this classic, traditional old hotel. The atmosphere is sophisticated and quiet with an old world charm. The room was spacious and lovely! The bed and linens were just perfect for a long flight back to the States!
We ended up here at the last minute because I booked an Expedia 5 star special! Boy was it special, We couldn't stay there at all! So we had dinner at the Principe di Savoia, talked to the lovely front desk staff and told them of my issue! They had us checked in, and a key before my dinner arrived! Then the taxi came to collect us and our bags from the unmentionable hotel, and we had a perfect nights sleep with a great breakfast the next morning. While this is FAR from an affordable hotel for many, I do highly recommend it! The accommodations, the lovely staff, the quiet luxury, the location, the food..Only issue was collection of our bags as we were leaving..a bit of chaos..

Room Tip: The inner courtyard is super quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear 4snickers,
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I would like to believe that it was fate that brought you to our Hotel. It is with great pride that I read that you enjoyed your stay and your kind words in regards to our staff, location, accommodation and food.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back soon and promise that this time even the bag collection will be perfect.

california
Reviewed 7 November 2013

After our last bad hotel experience with the management of the Lowell Hotel in New York City, I am happy to report that great hoteliers still exist and are in business at the Hotel Principe Di Savoia. The staff were super efficient, we were upgraded from a junior suite to a wonderful suite courtesy of our American Express booking, the restaurant had fab risotto with fresh truffles. And it was not over-the-top expensive.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear chumpoll,
It is with immense gratitude that I read your review and myself and all the team of the Hotel Principe di Savoia are honored that your experience was exceptional under every aspect. We sincerely hope to have you again soon as our Guest and to further exceed your expectations.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was my third stay in Milano. This time we came to go to the opera, at la Scala.
We stayed at Hotel Principe the Savoia and occupied a Premium double room.
The hotel building is a nice, elegant one, with nice interiors, nice entrance and hallways.
The room was very spacious, comfy bed, well soundproofed room, turndown service in the evening. The bathroom was very big with nice toiletries, unfortunately had only tub, no walk in shower...Gym is situated on top floor, a bit too small and cramped, a lot of men working out in the morning. Breakfast was not included in the room rate, still we had breakfast at the hotel. Fair range of cheeses, meats and breads, good service, plenty of staff, good coffee, it got very crowded after a certain hour...
Nice bar with tasty finger food, good service at the bar.
Helpful concierge, front desk and bell boy.
The hotel offers free shuttle service to the city centre (Piazza del Duomo and Teatro la Scala). Still, we preferred to walk (about 1,5 km to the city centre).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear obsessedbytravelling,
Thank you so much for your detailed review on the Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am happy that you enjoyed your room and please do let us if your travel plans bring you back to Milan as we can also include breakfast in the rate.

Looking forward to welcoming you back I wish you a lovely Autumn.
Warm regards,