“Fantastic relaxing weekend in Milan”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #7 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Stayed at the Hotel Principe Di Savoia for a long weekend in September and was delighted with the service we received from start to finish. The staff were very friendly and helpful, going out of their way to ensure every request was dealt with efficiently.
We stayed in a Mosaic room which was fantastic, beautifully appointed with a huge, modern bathroom. Very spacious and immaculately clean with plenty of toiletries.
The spa area was well equipped and surprisingly not very busy.The staff there were very friendly and I would recommend the treatments.
Breakfast buffet was plentiful, well presented with lots of choice and the staff ensured my friend had her own plate of gluten free goods as well as the buffet choice. They even boxed up her pastries to eat later as a snack!
I would thoroughly recommend the hotel-our stay was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear balletgir,
Thank you so much for this beautiful review. I am happy that you enjoyed your room and our amenities.
It is always a pleasure to see that the dedication of our staff gains true recognition from our guests.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon to the Hotel Principe di Savoia I wish you a wonderful 2014.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Principe Di Savoia

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Precious wood essences, beautifully and admirably maintained, permeate the building and make it a treasure of old-world elegance and luxury. Yet the hotel is very up-to-date. The Ambassador Junior Suite, consisting of fully separate bedroom, living, and entrance, was perfectly functional in every minor detail. Superb bathroom. Magnificent sleeping thanks to tranquility and bed's high quality. A perfect stay.

Room Tip: Ambassador Junior Suite is a bargain
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wwalterRome

Dear wwalterRo,
Thank you for sharing this review about your recent stay at Hotel Principe di Savoia and for your kind comments.
Bathrooms are no secondary aspect when it comes to travelling away from home. I am glad you appreciated the one in your room. Details matter and I am really happy you had the chance to take note of what you saw.

I do sincerely hope to welcome you back soon in Milan and wish you a wonderful 2014.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Having read some reviews of other travelers especially Jonathan R's review, I will be brief: Hotel and staff 5 stars. Old world charm, glamour and grandeur. Very nice rooms. The restaurant is somewhat contemporary but in an opulent way; excellent food. Yes, I agree the breakfast buffet is spectacular. The room rates are lower than what I would be willing to accept for a hotel of this caliber. I don't remember the prices I paid for drinks at the bar but assuming that Jonathan R is correct, those would be overpriced. We had a rental car which made it easy to get to the center of the city; without one, you will need to use cabs because nothing is within walking distance of 60 plus year olds. Did not see the spa - refer to Jonathan R's critic. All in all we love the hotel and have stayed there twice before this visit.

Room Tip: Since views are irrelevant I suggest a room at the end of a hall - one less neighbor and far from th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Rolfsass,
Thank you so much for you lovely review. I am happy that you have read the other reviews and agree with what they have written. I do hope you saw the spa. If you do not want to drive, in the future, we have a complimentary car service that brings you to and from the historical centre.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We were tired and cold after a long haul flight and did not suspect that we were anywhere near the hotel when the taxi took a sharp turn and pulled up in front of a rather lit up foyer where all of a sudden a man in a long green coat with a hat, who looked rather Russian was efficiently helping us out of the car. We were in front of the Principe di Savoia. Once inside, you feel that you are a sort of palazzo, with plush carpets, sweeping staircases, mirrors and chandeliers. It's a rather beautiful hotel and it manages to deliver what no new hotel can mimic - a sense of genuinely old class and style - but which is still really luxurious without looking aged. The staff were all friendly and all multi-lingual. The rooms are equipped with Aqua di Parma Products, amazing towels, slippers and bathrobes…it's difficult not to feel lucky to be there. We were a bit late to go far for dinner so went down to the Principe Bar to see if they were still serving - this is a gorgeous bar, somehow combining a Titanic style environment with feeling modern too. They apologised for not having a full menu available but were still able to deliver a "few items" which ended up being far from few and absolutely delicious. I had a lobster pasta and my companions a seafood linguine. It came with a great bread basket - we went to bed very happy! Breakfast the next day had a huge selection, which managed to stay true to Italy whilst also catering for more Western tastes. I honestly cannot fault this hotel for its service or its quality generally. If there were one thing, it might be that there is no double glazing in the windows in the room - but it was certainly warm enough, it might just suffer a bit from the noise if someone were unduly sensitive. But I went there 10 years ago and loved it, and 10 years later, a more mature me, still does!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LuxinLondon

Dear LuxinLondon,
Thank you so much for this beautiful review. I am delighted that after 10 years you still love the Hotel Principe di Savoia. It is so important for us to keep our old world charm but with a modern flair that I am happy you captured. I will gladly share this review with all my team as your words are a great motivator for all of use.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Got a really good rate at Expedia and spent two nights here last weekend. The room was nice, but even better was the pool and spa plus the breakfast. The breakfast was included in our rate and it was superb. Loved the cold cuts (Parma ham), the variety of cheeses and also the prosecco was a nice surprise.

The concierge provided vety good suggestions for restaurants and met our demands immaculatly. Very helpful indeed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Jenta,
Thank you so much for your lovely review on the Hotel Principe di Savoia. I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you took advantage of our wonderful penthouse Spa and pool. I will be sure to also pass your compliments to our Concierge team.

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Nestled in piazza di republicca around 1.5km from the world famous Via Montenapoleone the principe di savoia offers fantastic amenities and accomadation with an ambience of old world charm .

My deluxe room had great classical Italian decor , a bed so comfortable you'd not want to get up, a bathroom equipped with a fantastic triple shower unit and deep soaking tub and mosaic design mirror . Other amenities included a very well designed wardrobe ,large flat screen tv, a well stocked minibar and electrically operated window blinds and shutters .

The breakfasts here are some of the best I've had , with an amazing array of food from their buffet .

The hotel concierge are very helpful and attentive to your every need . The front desk staff are again kind and professional and service has been key throughout my stay .

There is a great and special ambience about this hotel , it encapsulates Milanese life for some of the rich , famous and fashionable and the bar principe and lobby are great places for people watching whilst soaking up the highlife.

I would definitely stay here again , as I think the hotel is generally sensibly priced in relation to the exemplary service given , however I have found the bar principe to be expensive on their drinks and food ( that whilst i am not criticising the quality , a small portion of tuna for example was 38 euros and a non alcoholic cocktail 19euros ). Laundry is expensive ( 20euros to wash and press a shirt!! ), and finally and I think most importantly the spa needs to be looked at, it is dated in my opinion .The jacuzzi was cold and very small ,and the swimming pool is also small. Also the general ambience around the pool and associated areas lack finesse and glamour , which is quiet the opposite to the rest of the hotel .

Overall though an excellent experience !

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Jonathan R,
Greetings from Milan. Thank you so much for the exquisite review of the Hotel Principe di Savoia. It is with great pride that I read that you enjoyed not only your accommodation and amenities but that you managed to also experience the excellent service of our Concierge, front office and our wonderful breakfast and Principe bar. I agree with you that the Hotel encapsulates Milanese life for some of the rich , famous and fashionable. Thank you for your useful advice on our penthouse Spa.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Be prepared to step into the lap of luxury at this gorgeous hotel. Every single detail has been perfected. The rooms are stunning and spacious, with luxurious bedding and good soundproofing. They have managed to blend perfectly the historic qualities of the hotel with modern luxury and overall good taste. The gym is well equipped and on the top floor with a nice view. Service is warm and efficient, and all of the staff have exceptional English skills. I don't have a single negative thing to say about this hotel. I look forward to having another chance to stay here. It is worth every penny.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear JEPCda,
Thank you so much for your beautiful review. My wonderful team will be overjoyed to hear all the amazing things you have written on the hotel and the service. We all work extremely hard to make sure that everything is perfect and I am also happy that we are able to transmit to you the feel and atmosphere of the Hotel.
Looking forward to having you back at your Milanese home!