“The Best 5 Star Establishment In Milan!”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #7 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for the weekend with few friends for my birthday. Such a treat. It's quintessentially classic luxury with impeccable hospitality to match . We were offered a corner room with wrap around window spacious enough for three guests upon request. From the moment you enter you will be overwhelmed by the genuinely warm reception you received let alone the grandeur of the establishment . Check in was smooth hassle free and I was kindly shown personally the individual facilities from the exquisite lounges , restaurants and the dashing in house stefano ricci boutique . I was escorted and led to my spacious room by the receptionist who showcased the room features in the most accommodating way . Room is in classic furnishing , elegantly appointed , comfy bed with delightful aqua di parma toiletries . Spacious clean line bathroom with the usual conveniences of five star establishment . House keeping staffs were excellent and attentive. The common are is a vision from the dazzling Italian marble to the beautiful chandeliers . Breakfast was a treat . Beautiful seating areas overlooking the manicured garden though the weekend it was raining non stop . Selection of food and choices were more than an average continental breakfast . Omelettes upon request . Most accommodating staffs who spent time chatting to us. The gym on the 10th floor has an unobstructive view of Milan . Has all the facilities I needed being a gym addict from well equipped weight area to cardio and machines. The swimming pool is beautiful. One of the main highlights is the free shuttle Mercedes limo to Duomo or Montenapoleon. Free , frequent and prompt service . Such a treat . All my shopping bags were looked after. The frontman was well mannered with such grace. This is the reason for the likes of myself chooses such establishment for the service is personal matched with a spectacular surrounding of timeless luxury. Principe Di Savoia ticked all the right boxes in Milan more so than the Four Seasons or the stylish but soulless Bvlgari or Park Hyatt! Will be returning back for sure .

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank FABREE
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Fabree,
thank you so much for sharing this beautifully detailed review about your stay at the Hotel Principe di Savoia. Our staff works with passionate commitment in order to provide guests with a seamless experience, and the greatest satisfaction for us is that they do notice.
I sincerely hope to have you back here with us soon. When you do, please let me know in advance so that we can prepare a proper welcome back for you and your friends.

Warm Regards,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Principe Di Savoia

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I will not consider staying anywhere else when in Milan.
It is like going back in time and finding yourself surrounded by the best products available in all various categories.
The amazing breakfast spread, the exquisite traditional cocktails in the lounge, the Acqua Di Parma amenities in the room, everything is superbly executed and has been carefully selected.
Cant’ wait to return.
L

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Laurent_S,
We cannot wait to have you back. Thank you so much for your exquisite words on the Hotel Principe di Savoia, truly a lovely way to start the New Year. I am delighted that you enjoyed, the breakfast, the cocktails and the amenities. We pay very close attention to details and I am happy that you appreciated it.
Looking forward to welcoming you back I wish a wonderful 2014!

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for the new year and saw La Traviata at La Scala. Excellent performance and venue.

The hotel is a 15 minute, flat walk from Milan's centre. The building is nicely furnished, the rooms elegant and comfortable-truly five star. It is set apart by the service which is also five star. The staff are friendly and genuinely enjoy delivering great service - marvellous.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Brian B,
Thank you for your lovely review. I am extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you managed to also see La Traviata at La Scala which is always a special experience.
I sincerely hope to welcome you back at the hotel Principe di Savoia and I wish you a wonderful 2014!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed at the hotel in Mid December for a long weekend. It was our first visit in Milan. On our arrival thousands of "One Direction" fans were outside the hotel waiting for the group. Considering the buzz outside the hotel and in the lobby, the staff took special care to check us in efficiently and made us feel warmly welcomed. While the hotel is over 85 years old, it has gone through extensive renovation to remain relevant. Our hotel room was well appointed and immaculate. The shower had strong water pressure and immediately responded to required water temperature, one of the best showers in a hotel ever experienced.The service from the charming doormen, receptionists, concierge to the hard working room attendants were caring and personal. The dinner and service at Acanto was world class. To be objective we had daily breakfast in the Acanto. The breakfast buffet was excellent, however service was mechanical, and less attentive similar to a mass tourist hotel, quite a contrast to the rest of the hotel, which was personal.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear samerik,
I sincerely thank you for your wonderful review and it is with great pride that I hear that you found the Hotel Principe di Savoia exceptional. I will make sure to share your kind words with all the team.
The staff at the Principe works extremely hard to provide all of its Guests a truly one of a kind experience and when we receive these magnificent reviews it really makes all the hard work worthwhile.
I sincerely hope to have you again soon as our Guest and make sure that you also feel our personal touch during breakfast.

Warmest regards and wish you an amazing 2014.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Stayed at the Hotel Principe Di Savoia for a long weekend in September and was delighted with the service we received from start to finish. The staff were very friendly and helpful, going out of their way to ensure every request was dealt with efficiently.
We stayed in a Mosaic room which was fantastic, beautifully appointed with a huge, modern bathroom. Very spacious and immaculately clean with plenty of toiletries.
The spa area was well equipped and surprisingly not very busy.The staff there were very friendly and I would recommend the treatments.
Breakfast buffet was plentiful, well presented with lots of choice and the staff ensured my friend had her own plate of gluten free goods as well as the buffet choice. They even boxed up her pastries to eat later as a snack!
I would thoroughly recommend the hotel-our stay was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear balletgir,
Thank you so much for this beautiful review. I am happy that you enjoyed your room and our amenities.
It is always a pleasure to see that the dedication of our staff gains true recognition from our guests.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon to the Hotel Principe di Savoia I wish you a wonderful 2014.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Precious wood essences, beautifully and admirably maintained, permeate the building and make it a treasure of old-world elegance and luxury. Yet the hotel is very up-to-date. The Ambassador Junior Suite, consisting of fully separate bedroom, living, and entrance, was perfectly functional in every minor detail. Superb bathroom. Magnificent sleeping thanks to tranquility and bed's high quality. A perfect stay.

Room Tip: Ambassador Junior Suite is a bargain
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wwalterRome

Dear wwalterRo,
Thank you for sharing this review about your recent stay at Hotel Principe di Savoia and for your kind comments.
Bathrooms are no secondary aspect when it comes to travelling away from home. I am glad you appreciated the one in your room. Details matter and I am really happy you had the chance to take note of what you saw.

I do sincerely hope to welcome you back soon in Milan and wish you a wonderful 2014.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Having read some reviews of other travelers especially Jonathan R's review, I will be brief: Hotel and staff 5 stars. Old world charm, glamour and grandeur. Very nice rooms. The restaurant is somewhat contemporary but in an opulent way; excellent food. Yes, I agree the breakfast buffet is spectacular. The room rates are lower than what I would be willing to accept for a hotel of this caliber. I don't remember the prices I paid for drinks at the bar but assuming that Jonathan R is correct, those would be overpriced. We had a rental car which made it easy to get to the center of the city; without one, you will need to use cabs because nothing is within walking distance of 60 plus year olds. Did not see the spa - refer to Jonathan R's critic. All in all we love the hotel and have stayed there twice before this visit.

Room Tip: Since views are irrelevant I suggest a room at the end of a hall - one less neighbor and far from th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Rolfsass,
Thank you so much for you lovely review. I am happy that you have read the other reviews and agree with what they have written. I do hope you saw the spa. If you do not want to drive, in the future, we have a complimentary car service that brings you to and from the historical centre.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon I wish you happy holidays.