“Classy hotel”

Ranked #9 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Sugar Land, Texas
“Classy hotel”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Hotel had an old world charm, warm and welcoming. We stayed in a Mosaic suite and were impressed with the craftsmanship required to create such a beautiful art. Hotel is a little removed from central city but if willing to walk and/or use Metro system, easy to commute anywhere in city. Spa was exceptional and service of staff in the same was very professional. Sunday brunch was exquisite (and expensive) but very much enjoyed the food and atmosphere. If willing to explore, there are a few places to dine in a 10-15 walk from hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Mosaic suite (or higher).
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Walter H,
Thank you for sharing your review about the Hotel Principe di Savoia. I am glad that you loved your accommodation, as each Mosaic room is truly unique.
I will make sure to pass your kind comments to our staff at the Spa and restaurant. I also hope you had the chance to make use of our complimentary car transfer service, leaving every 15 minutes and driving our guests to the historical centre in 5 minutes.

I do sincerely hope to welcome you back again soon to Milan.
Warm Regards,
Ezio Indiani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
austin
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Beautiful, over the top hotel. Was upgraded to a Mosaic room by tipping the desk clerk. Room was spacious, well furnished, and comfortable. Everything about this hotel owned by the Sultan of Brunei was nice, and the prices reflect it. Thirty euros for a club sandwich, etc. The location was not far from the major areas, but nothing worthwhile was in walking distance. They did offer free shuttle service to three popular areas and the concierge desk was always staffed and very helpful. The three nights for the price of two offer I found on their website made the overall expense tolerable. Downside was no place to eat or buy snacks nearby, prices monumentally high for food and drinks in hotel.

Room Tip: Check their website for deals, the Mosaic room was nice, but I don't think I would pay extra for...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jackfromtexas
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear jackfromt,
Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room and found the Hotel Principe di Savoia beautiful. If your travel plans bring you back to Milan please consult our 24 hour Concierge team and they will happily provide you with a list of wonderful things to do around the Hotel and also all the great restaurants and bar just around the corner.
I sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We went to this beautiful hotel for a night and I think we will come back as the service was extremely good. The concierge gave us the perfect information about the shopping area in Milan, the fantastic recommendation were excellent. the cleanliness of the room and the public spaces is just exceptional. This hotel is at just 30 minutes walk from Piazza dell Duomo and the shopping district. We didn't try the restaurant but what you find in the room is already a magical experience, Grazie a Tutti

Room Tip: You are in the city center, there is no special view but the front is more opened than the back of t...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jaynice1
Dear jaynice1,
Thank you so much for your kind words that I will share with all my wonderful staff and especially the concierge team. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your brief stay with us and I sincerely hope you come back soon to the Hotel Principe di Savoia to experience both our 5 star Acanto restaurant and our rooftop Club 10 Spa and Fitness Center.
Cape Neddick, Maine
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was careful to examine all reviews of hotels in Milan before our visit. I settled upon Hotel Principe Di Savoia due to not only the quality of the reviews, but the types of things reviewers had to say. I traveled with my wife and 4 children between the ages of 10 and 18. We rented 2 rooms and actually stayed twice (2 tow-day visits separated by a trip to Venice). The hotel was extremely accommodating to our needs as a large family and it was no problem for them to find adjoining rooms for both visits. The rooms were large, they were appointed lavishly and decorated tastefully and elegantly. Room service breakfast, which we ordered every day, was served punctually and was delicious. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom fixtures were all updated and in fine working order. Everything seemed fresh, new and modern, yet the hotel has preserved a sense of civility which most of the world currently lacks. The concierge was able to make reservations for 2 meals at nearby restaurants for a party of 9 (including family members living in Milan) and both were excellent recommendations. Both reservations were made last minute and the concierge had no trouble either time. Check-in was done in a personal way which made our family feel welcome and check-out was very smooth. Charges were accurate. The location is ideal and a short walk to the central train station of Milan.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank STL2Maine
Dear STL2Maine,
Thank you so much for your lovely review and I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy that you also truly captured the personality of the Hotel, a place where everything works beautifully and in harmony with modern technology but that stills preserves a human touch.
I sincerely hope to welcome you back soon and send you my warmest regards,
London
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This is my third time at this hotel and it gets better each time.
Even though the area near the Duomo is a favourite of mine I shall always stay at the Savoia.
The staff are fantastic. The food was good and our room was comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the corner of the building. Not only do they seem more private, they are bigger to...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bzzziebee
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear bzzziebee,
Thank you so much for your kind words about the Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am so glad that you loved it here with us. I hope you had the chance to take advantage of our car transfer service to the Duomo area.

Should you decide to visit us again, please let me know in advance and I will be most glad to prepare an adequate welcome back for you.

Warm Regards
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 March 2014

If you like famous hotels' bars, don't miss this one!
The warm ambience of this fabulous bar in the gorgeous Hotel Principe Di Savoia was an absolute joy! Classy and Charming. It's small and feels exclusive.
Not hideously overpriced when you think of its heritage and location.
The Bar Manager and bar tenders were great, knowledgable and attentive.
Fantastic service, lots of choices, and very good value! Uber-cool music! Best martini ever!!
I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear 34Camilla,
Thank you so much for sharing this heartfelt review about our Principe Bar. I am glad that you loved the atmosphere, the service -and your drink! As you pointed out, our staff is really passionate about their work and it is a pleasure to see that their committment transpires.

We really hope to welcome you back soon at the Hotel Principe di Savoia.

Warm Regards,
new jersey
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed but one night in this impressive hotel and found it to be a memorable experience. The staff at curbside was very warm and efficient, as were the front desk people Our room was just beautiful, fine crisp white linens and a super fluffy down comforter were most welcome to weary travelers. The bathroom was sparkling and stocked with Aqua di Parma products. We had a small balcony overlooking the front entrance and yet all was quiet for a great sleep. My daughter wanted room service when we arrived in the late evening, and, it was delicious! I was not feeling well and just had tea. The concierge only had alka-seltzer but offered to send someone to the farmacia for me. Very helpful. In the morning we had a fabulous breakfast before catching our flights. Will return to this lovely hotel when next in Milano.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank wodentmom
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear wodentmom,
Thank you so much for your lovely review of the Hotel Principe di Savoia. I will be sure to share your kind words with all my wonderful team. I sincerely hope to welcome you back soon to Milan when you are feeling better to try all our amazing food.