“amazing hotel”

Ranked #7 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Milan, Italy
“amazing hotel”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

i stayed in this hotel for 3 days last week, I,m sorry I couldn' stay longer, becuase it has everyting you looking for in a 5 star luxury hotel: Very friendly staff, quality food ,and confortable room.
I also enjoyed the fitness center at the top floor. I really hope to be back to Milan soon

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear LucaBi787,
I am pleased to hear that you had a great time at the Hotel Principe di Savoia and enjoyed everything. Your kind words which I will share with all my wonderful team are what gives us the energy and joy to always surpass the expectations of our amazing Guests.
I sincerely hope that you come back soon and can stay longer not only to enjoy the Hotel but the beautiful city of Milano.

Warmest regards,
Ezio Indiani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Lyon, France
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The service is excellent, from the minute you walk in to the minute you leave.

The deluxe rooms (we stayed in room 314) are spacious, comfortable, luxurious and perfect in every way: a massive, comfortable bed with excellent linens; noise and light-blocking curtains; quality bathroom amenities, and a huge bathtub with separate shower.

The hotel is not in the direct center of Milan, but a free limousine service will shuttle you to 3 different key locations. It takes 5 to 7 minutes by car to get there. It is nice to be close to but not directly in the city buzz.

The bar serves excellent cocktails, and the breakfast buffet is vast and excellent. The pool was fine, but more for families (very loud). The hammam and sauna were above-standard and enjoyable.

We will return again soon, and suggest it for a luxurious but non-pretentious stay in Milan.

ps. Parking does cost from 40 to 60 euros per night, depending on the size of your vehicle. I do recommend you pay it because the hotel parking lot is underground, private and secure. We saw two cars with windows smashed outside of the hotel, where you can park your car for a small, local fee.
Also, the hotel cleaned our windows, added bottles of water for our drive home, etc. Great service even if a bit pricey.

Room Tip: A higher floor will always give you a better view. Also, the hotel is massive so you can walk for a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear SarahParis,
Thank you so much for your kind and accurate review.
While I am glad that you loved your accommodation and the breakfast, I am sorry if your experience at the pool was not entirely satisfying.

I also appreciate your notes about the parking service and please rest assured that they were duly noted.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon,
Sincerely
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed here on a business trip at the middle of last year and very much enjoyed my stay. This is one of the top 3 hotels in Milan and I will try and book it every time I come to the city. Comfortable beds, great service, lovely breakfast and very attentive staff. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Cathrin_7,
Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed everything at the Hotel Principe di Savoia and I am highly grateful for you recommendation. I sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.
Warmest regards,
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel did not disappoint. I was treated very well. The upgrade to a deluxe double room was not expected but greatly appreciated. The welcome gift I received was amazing. If you are looking for luxury, this hotel will not disappoint. The pool, spa and gym facilities on the 10th floor were a good surprise.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank joshuapaul73
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear joshuapaul73,
Thank you for your kind review.
I am delighted to read that you loved your accommodation and welcome treatment. We are proud of our penthouse Spa and fitness centre, large and quiet. Sometimes while travelling it's just fine to stop by the swimming pool or on the terrace overlooking the city to relax a little!

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I've been 4 times at the Principe di Savoia.

It is a gorgeous well-established grand hotel of old times. However, the main public rooms are nicely renovated.

The rooms are very spacious and well furnished. The personal is always nice and professional. The concierge even managed to get us on the guest list of the most lunatic night club of Milano (so, A+ for the concierge).

The Principe has my favourite breakfast buffet, ever: big choice, nice room and prosecco included.

It is 5 minutes away from Via Montenapoleone. However, the included shuttle service starts every 15 minutes from the hotel.

What I appreciate of the rooms: they can be completely darken. Perfect condition for a nice sleep.

The spa and pool are ok, but only the view is breathtaking. Pretty unglamourous to have to wear a bath capping in the pool.

However, beautiful hotel and this Summer I'll be there once again

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Pituttraveller
Dear Pituttraveller,
Thank you so much for sharing your review.
I am delighted that you and your travel companions had the chance to try so many of our services. I will make sure to pass your comments on to our concierge team! I hope you had a great time at the club.
Should you book your stay for the upcoming season, we'd be most glad to have you with us again: please mention this review and we will make sure to give you a proper welcome back to Milan.

London
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I cannot imagine how this hotel or the experience we enjoyed there could possibly be improved. From the greeting at the door, through check-in, the spa and bar, all the staff we encountered were exceptional - friendly, professional, cheerful and helpful. Simply nothing is too much trouble, this place defines what service and understated luxury is all about. The room we had was delightful, with a sumptuously comfortable bed and beautiful bathroom (mosaic on the wall) and the double glazing must be pretty good as we didn't hear anything of the city below unless we opened the window. Cool bar serving perfect cocktails and very 'more-ish' canapes. Didn't dine in the restaurant as there were too many others tempting us around the city, largely thanks to the well informed and helpful concierge team. Perhaps not the best location in Milan but that was not a problem, and whilst not exactly inexpensive it was worth every cent. A classic.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Chas29,
Thank you for your kind review.
I am glad that you loved your accommodation in one of our Mosaic rooms and the service received. I will make sure to pass your comment on to the rest of the staff.
I really hope to welcome you and your husband back to Milan, and maybe tempt you to a dinner or brunch at our Acanto restaurant.

Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Located fairly central in the city, this is a classy hotel with vintage looks and feel. The service was top notch, everywhere. Very friendly and very quick. I had a smaller room but it wasn't small, by any means. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was massive and amazing, and the room was equipped witheverything you could need... except and iron & ironing board. The hotel offers that service should you need it. The gym was small but had a good selection of weights and cardio equipment. Didn't take advantage of the spa but I would assume it's pretty nice. The breakfast buffet was pretty big with typical Euro fare... and the buffet is built into the room price, so don't forget to go! They even had these amazing gluten free scones... so good. Overall, a bit pricey but if you have it to spend, it's worth it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Jinscoe,
Thank you for sharing this review about your recent stay at Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am most glad that you had the time to try our gym and breakfast during your business trip. I really hope to welcome you back in the future, when you may have the chance to try other services such as the Spa, or maybe a drink at the Principe Bar.

I will make sure to pass your kind comment to the rest of the staff.