“Good customer service”

Ranked #9 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Bucharest, Romania
“Good customer service”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I am staying at the Principe few times per year, for the last 7 years and this was the first time I have been unhappy by the fact that they did not let me know about the taxi strike and I had to walk from the central station with 4 pieces of luggage. When I hinted that I would have expected a good service about suggesting a car to pick us up from the airport , Moreno apologized and gave us a 3 times upgrade. I like when people try to make up for small mistakes by small gestures. I will always stay at Principe in Milan as it never lets me down.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BuriuDragos
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear wwalterRo,
Thank you so much for sharing your kind review!
I am delighted that you loved your accommodation and the atmosphere of the hotel. I do sincerely hope to welcome you back to the Hotel Principe di Savoia soon.

Warm Regards
Ezio Indiani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Have recently stayed here for a couple of weeks for work. Whilst the decor looks a little dated, fortunately there is a modern twist which makes this hotel quite luxurious.
Plus side
Lovely big room with a proper size bed, none of this pushing 2 single beds together and throwing a sheet over it and claiming it is. King size bed.
Toiletry selection is great by both brand and what is on offer.
Great location, 5 minutes walk there are numerous streets with a variety of restaurants available and the attractions of the city.
Friendly helpful staff.
Large bathroom and great lighting and mirrors for when applying make-up.
Hot water available non stop.

Negative
Room service menu is stupidly expensive, it makes the room service menu at The Armani Hotel look cheap.
The bed is quite hard, definitely need toppers for the mattresses.
More English channels for he tv is required.

1 Thank CondeTraveller
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear CondeTrav,
Thank you for sharing this review about our hotel.
While I am delighted that you loved the location and the service received, I am sorry if you were not entirely satisfied with your accommodation.
I wonder if you had the chance to request assistance with regards to the tv channels. Please feel free to contact me directly with your room number and any other useful detail, and I will be most glad to check the state of the room you stayed in with my team.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Second stay at this hotel in the last 12 months. Upgraded to mosaic room which is more modern in decor but still retain some old world charm. Service was even better than our last stay ( didn't think it was possible)! Breakfast again beautifully presented. Spa was great. Hubby loved the gym and swimming pool. Would love to return.

Dear SYD-YYZ,
Thank you so much for your lovely review!
I am glad that you and your husband chose the Hotel Principe di Savoia again on such a long journey away from home! Thank you very much for granting us your preference.

I do sincerely hope you consider this as your home in Italy now, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards,
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is a beautiful hotel, the room I stayed in was classic but totally renovated. The service is efficient and corteous. The hotel is in a good area, but it is not the most desirable location, but it is close enough to Milan's main tourist and business areas.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank GlobalTravelMan2014
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear GlobalTra,
Thank you so much for sharing this review about your recent stay at the Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am glad that you loved the cleanliness of your room and the service received.
We do look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Warm Regards
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had a wonderful stay at this lovely hotel. We had a bit of a "glitch" at first when our non-smoking room had a strong odor of cigar. In spite of efforts to clear the air, the odor persisted so we were moved to an even nicer room with attentive care by Fabio. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are elegant and the bathrooms are luxurious with incredible showers, deep tubs, and Aqua di Parma toiletries. (It also has one of my important requirements- a salon quality hair dryer!) The beds are extremely comfortable with quality linens. Our favorite daily indulgence: one of the best breakfast buffets we've encountered: beautiful fruits, juices, breads and pastries, organic grains, salads, meats, eggs... a sumptuous array and in a beautiful dining room. The hotel provides a limousine service to the center of town but we walked and found most areas within reasonable walking distance. The gym, spa, and pool has a lovely terrace and is fitted with all the equipment you might need. The concierge desk is helpful and courteous. We would love to return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Christine,
Thank you so much for your lovely review on the Hotel Principe di Savoia. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and I will be sure to share with Fabio your kind words. It is wonderful to also read that you found our breakfast exceptional and that you also had the opportunity to experience our penthouse gym and pool. Glad you also appreciated the hair dryer!
I sincerely hope to welcome you back soon to your Milanese home.

Tbilisi
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Best at service , style, and location. Great rooms, perfect ventilation, great brekfest. Spa on the top of the hotel with nice pool. Comp. Limo service to city ceneter. All stuff members are very nice. Hotel has old style with modern comforts. Close walk to city center. Rooms are very fresh renovated all needed amunities.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear LashaNick,
It is a joy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Principe di Savoia and thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. The whole team at the Hotel will be happy to know that you found the best service as this for us is fundamental. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the style and location and had a chance to experience our breakfast and our penthouse Club 10.
I sincerely hope to welcome you back soon to your Milanese home.
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 8 May 2014

i stayed in this hotel for 3 days last week, I,m sorry I couldn' stay longer, becuase it has everyting you looking for in a 5 star luxury hotel: Very friendly staff, quality food ,and confortable room.
I also enjoyed the fitness center at the top floor. I really hope to be back to Milan soon

Dear LucaBi787,
I am pleased to hear that you had a great time at the Hotel Principe di Savoia and enjoyed everything. Your kind words which I will share with all my wonderful team are what gives us the energy and joy to always surpass the expectations of our amazing Guests.
I sincerely hope that you come back soon and can stay longer not only to enjoy the Hotel but the beautiful city of Milano.