“Phenomenal Service, Beautiful Hotel”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #6 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Hamden, Connecticut
“Phenomenal Service, Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

The front desk staff, waiters, doorman, housekeeping and conference room staff provide the best service I have seen in a hotel. The go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. The rooms are beautiful and the bathroom was large. There was no iron in my room but I did not need one. I attended a 3 day business meeting and the hotel staff took excellent care of the attendees. The food at breakfast, lunch and dinner were fabulous. You could not expect more from a hotel. This is a fantastic place to stay in Milan.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Eric B
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Eric B,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am pleased that you loved your time with us here in Milano. As you have witnessed we have a dedicated team for group business events, and they take care of every detail from welcome to faciilties and meeting spaces to meals and of course accommodation.
I sincerely hope to welcome you back again to the Principe di Savoia, maybe next time on a leisure journey through Italy?

Ezio Indiani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
rome
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Me and my wife spent a great night and day at this beautiful Milan hotel. Since we arrived, and a very polite concierge took us to the room, we realized that this is really a special place. Courtesy and care for guests are really a must for all the staff. We had room service and enjoyed lounging at the nicely decorated bar. On the following day we had a great brunch at the Acanto restaurant enjoying a good variety of food and cakes. It was really a nice treat.

Room Tip: For more quiet rooms choose higher floors
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear filippeion,
Thank you so much for your kind review on your recent stay with us.
I am thrilled that you loved our services, and that you had the chance to try our brunch.

I do sincerely hope to welcome you back again soon,
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

My favourite hotel in Milan. It has traditional features, traditional style and traditional service. Beautifully appointed, but don't expect modern amenities. If you want a modern style hotel this is not for you. You don't stay here for that type of experience, you stay here for the history, AND the most amazing chandelier I've ever seen, in the lounge bar. Its also not particularly child friendly. I was there in January with my two children and I love the place and would go there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear auzzieVic,
Thank you so much for your kind words.
While I am glad that you loved it here with us, I would like to add that our style is intentionally classic whilst at the same time offering all modern features from in-room amenities to free wifi.
Also, as we have specific kids programmes, I am sorry if you felt that we were not being particularly child friendly. I would love to hear your feedback on this particular subject, please feel free to contact me to discuss it further.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Italy,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

It was a spontaneous trip to Milan. We booked the Principe di Savoia online, it was a special offer. The hotel is old-fashioned in its best sense, a great old building, the facilities not new, but in good shape. The hotel has style and character. The stuff was competent, friendly and quick. We got an upgrade, so we had a spacious room with old wooden furniture, everything sedate and fitting. The hotel is located a bit outside the city center, but in a walking distance to the main railway station. It is ideal for a short city trip, when the hotel shell be part of the experience. Before we startet to the Duomo, we took a drink in the hotel bar - a good start. There is a free shuttle bus from the hotel to the city center. At all, I´d chose it again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Maximilian K,
Thank you for your kind words!
I am glad that you loved your accommodation, the upgrade you received and the quality of service.
While other luxury hotels belonging to big chains will look the same anywhere in the world, we as part of Dorchester Collection are free to be and feel unique. The style of our hotel is intentionally classic Italian in decor, modern in services and fittings.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back again soon,
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Now belonging to the prestigious international Dorchester Collection, the 'old girl' certainly has a new lease of life!

The gracious entry (within comfortable walking distance of the architecturally-stunning train station & the underground) welcomes the traveller with style, & from charming traditional (long!) corridors..remember, its a BIG hotel!...to the graciously detailed room interiors, the new owners lavished much care & attention in making one's stay here a lovely experience.

Our tariff included a nice Italian-style breakfast ( absurdly-decorated Italy meets bad-taste Chinese lunatic interior decoration) & we happily even enjoyed good coffee (surprisingly not always delivered in Italy)...so with all the services one expects from a 5-star establishment, we loved being there. A glamorous roof-top Gym/Spa/Pool set up is the crowning glory...efficiently operated saunas & very well orchestrated overall, set this hotel apart from many try-ons who don't even come close--although they would have you believe they DO deliver! And even charge higher prices!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John N
Dear John N,
Thank you for sharing your review about the hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your break in Milan with us, and I really look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

My daughter and I chose this hotel because it looked like good value for money. In fact, it was great value for money! The service was amazing, especially the guys at the concierge desk who were super helpful, the beds were super comfortable and the bathroom was huge. The breakfast buffet was unbelievable. The only downside was that it was outside of town, not walking distance for most people, but the hotel shuttle made it easy to get into town. Getting back with the shuttle was a little trickier, though. We thought it would be really annoying to be far from town, but it turns out it wasn't that bad. Overall, great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear jumpshot2014,
Thank you for sharing your review.
I am glad that you and your daughter loved the service received, and I will make sure to pass your comments on to our concierge team. I am sure they gave you the little card with the car transfer times and stops.
I would just like to add for completeness' sake that we are in fact "in town". Piazza della Repubblica is in the centre of Milan, a short distance away from both the central station and the lively Corso Como and Brera district. Even here on Tripadvisor most reviews will say the historical centre (piazza della Scala) is within walking distance. I am sorry if we failed to give you a proper idea of the whereabouts.

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here. We were upgraded to a Premium room which was very spacious. Only negative was that we had a non smoking room and there was the smell of smoke. If we had stayed longer I would have said something but we were only there overnight. Other than that the beds were comfortable, bathrooms very luxurious and complimentary wifi which was very nice (it seems a lot of luxury hotels in large cities still insist on charging for wifi). The staff and concierge were unbelievable They go over and above to be helpful. Breakfast buffet was very good and served in a lovely, opulent dining area. The shuttle to the center of Milan is very efficient and leaves quite often (every 15 minutes). However if you prefer to walk it is a close journey to the center of town. Impressive hotel, would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear creynold02,
Thank you so much for your kind words!

While I am thrilled that you and your family loved the breakfast and the car service to the city centre, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience you found in your room.
The large majority of our accommodations are non-smoking. I really wish we had learnt about your discomfort, we would have tried to find a solution.

As you have witnessed, our committment to excellence is sincere and we all want to leave nothing but great memories to all our guests. This means you and your family will have to visit us again someday! And when you book your stay, please do get in touch mentioning this review. It will be my pleasure to give you the warmest welcome back.