“The best”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #5 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I'm lucky to visit the hotel quite often due to my work in menswear. Over the past year the Savoia easily became my favourite hotel.

Entering the room after a hard days work truly feels like coming home every single time. The solid furniture of the rooms, the water bottels, the bath rooms, etc etc: it's all picture perfect.

The people working in the hotel are all equally nice: the door man, Waiters, cleaners. All good! So is the food and drinks. Great Bellini, great breakfasts, etc etc.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Menco_Ams,
Thank you so much for your kind words.
I am glad that you love it here with us, and that staying at the Principe has become a habit on your business trips.
Also I am thrilled that you had the chance to try our breakfast and the Principe Bar on you recent stay. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff, who is seriously committed to excellence of service.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon, maybe January?
Warm Regards
Ezio Indiani

Write a ReviewReviews (2,014)

Reviewed 25 June 2014

When I first traveled to Milan and my company booked this hotel I wasnt sure what to expect. Luckily I was very pleasantly surprised! The lobby is beautiful and you may a little time there if you get in early because rooms are not usually ready before check in time. While you wait you can have some of the delicious food they serve, or change and shower in the lovely Gym/Spa area. Also there is a great buffet breakfast as well! Make sure you get the rate where its included.

There is also a great bar with fantastic little appetizers! I could eat way too many of the tiny pizzas they give you!

All the rooms I have stayed in are great and I love the aqua di parma bath products. Beds could be a little softer but after all the delicious wine and food in Milan, I barely notice at the end of the day.

There is also a free shuttle service that takes you right into the heart of town to dine and shop.

Service has been nothing but gracious! Looking forward to going back in September!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Laurad42na
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Laurad42na,
Thank you for this beautifully detailed review! I am nothing but thrilled to see that you loved it here with us.
While we understand the need for rest after a long travel overseas, during days of high occupancy we may have difficulties in preparing rooms ahead of normal check in time. But I assure you that both our housekeeping team and the staff at the reception do their best to find an available accommodation even earlier in such cases.

We do sincerely hope to see you again in September; please do express your preferences for bed facilities when you book your stay, or any other thing that you would love to have at hand.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I am in awe with this hotel. She is beautiful. Interior design, choice of colours for draperies and wall fabrics are excellent.
Rooms are beautiful, well maintained & very clean. Bathrooms are clean, good choice of toiletries. Breakfast has enough choice to start a day. All hotel staff are very approachable and very nice and courteous.
They provide you with shuttle service to 3 stops - the main shopping district. It would either be a van that can accommodate 6 or a limo - yes, a limousine.
check in and check out was fast and easy. Taxis are readily available.
Overall, this is still my best choice in Milan. It's our 2nd time to stay here and would love to come back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear anritaa,
Thank you so much for this lovely review about your recent stay!
I hope your family had the chance to make the best of the penthouse swimming pool and room service too.
We really look forward to having you as our guests on your next visit to Milan.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is my fourth visit to principe de savoy.
1-the check in was very smooth, although we were a family of ten
including three children.thanks to the reception lady Beatrice .very friendly and helpful .

2-the rooms very neet and ultra clean .
3-breakfast very organized and variety was excellent .
4-the shower in the bathroom need to be larger .
5-certainly will go back again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Nadola

Dear Nadola,
Thank you so much for your kind review.
I am happy that you loved your accommodation and breakfast. I will make sure to share your comment with Beatrice and please rest assured that your comment about the shower has been duly noted.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We arrived in Milan during the taxi strike so getting to our hotel was a challenge, to say the least! Our room was quite nice and roomy and the food in all of the restaurants was excellent.

The hotel provided a free chauffeur service to the main shopping districts of Milan which we availed ourselves of on a regular basis.

Our favorite location inside the hotel was the formal bar where nightly you could enjoy inventive concoctions accompanied by a vast array. of tasty appetizers.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are well worth the extra cost. Next time we would probably opt for one of their sui...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Colleen A,
Thank you for sharing your review.
I am thrilled that you loved our well known bar, your accommodation and the shuttle service to the historical centre. I am sorry on the other hand if the taxi strike made it harder for you to reach us, and I hope the rest of your experience in Milan went smoothly for your family.

We hope to welcome you back again soon,
Warm Regards

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is a first rate hotel - we couldn't fault it. All the staff were friendly and courteous - the lady behind the desk in the Spa was particularly nice and all the normal amenities you would expect in a 5 star hotel are there.

Expensive but very good indeed

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear NorthernIrelandRosie,
Thank you so much for your kind words! I will make sure to share your comment with the staff at the Spa, and I do sincerely hope to have you again as our guest soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

despite this hotel belongs to the prestigious Dorchester collection, I didn't find anything special that matches with the quality of the hotels of the same company.
The room was quite tired and also small, but what impressed me was the attitude of the staff at the reception and concierge, no smiles, they looked sad and not satisfied of the job. It’s too bad to find this type of people in a five star hotel .
We also dinner at the Accanto restaurant and this experience was good, nice atmosphere and the best cottolletta Milanese ever had.
I hope to come back and don’t see sad people at the reception.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 830marcusm

Dear 830marcusm,
Thank you for your review. While I am glad that you loved your meal at Acanto, I am utterly sorry to see that you were not satisfied with your accommodation. I would love to know more about the events, and whether you spoke openly about your concerns during your stay, so please feel free to contact me to discuss this further.
I will surely share internally your comment about the mood of part of the staff.

I do sincerely hope to welcome you back again and that we all manage to convince you of our worth inside Dorchester Collection.

Sincerely