“Classic Luxury & Service”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #4 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Sterling reputation aside, booking a reservation at the Principe di Savoia wasn't an easy choice because I usually place a heavy premium on the proximity of the hotel to the main attractions I plan on seeing. The Principe is located away from the city centre...a brisk 10-15 minute walk from the Duomo which is a little "far", but in the end, there were no regrets about staying here. The quality of the service and state of the facility make it impossible not to choose it.

I traveled with two teenage daughters and my wife. I booked two premium rooms for five nights. I requested adjoining rooms...and got them. Furthermore, at check-in, we were walked to each of the rooms and given an inspection while we stood there, the attendant making sure both rooms were perfect, and they were.

Spotlessly clean, beautifully decorated (updated) with modern amenities but not so much that the rich history of the hotel is lost and good room size/organization there isn't more that anyone could ask. Even the new LED lighting provided a great amount of brightness while we were getting ready.

The family needs food before we set out so we ate breakfast in the hotel - and it was loaded with fresh juices, meats, cheeses, breads, fruits and veggies, yogurts, jams and desserts. The coffee was served up to the best Italian standard and the attendants were fast, courteous and friendly. We didn't wait for a table any of the days we stayed.

We stayed up late one night and the bar was a little too loud...so they seated at a quieter lounge where nobody else was and even offered us items not on the menu when we couldn't decide on what was being offered. Even in our "off the path area", the bar service was exceptional.

The concierge staff was incredibly friendly and helpful on several occasions - one in particular they helped coordinate the shipment of a package we had purchase when the store salesperson was having difficulties managing it herself. In fact, two weeks after checking out of the hotel (problem still not totally resolved) the concierge remembered me and was happy to continue his assistance.

In short, my family and I maintain a romantic view of Continental Europe and seek out establishments that value service and satisfaction beyond anything else. Principe Di Savoia exceeded out expectations by far and even when traveling to Rome, I'd be a fool not to think about staying at Savoia and commuting!

ADDITIONAL COMMENT: the hotel offers a free round-trip shuttle to the Duomo Piazza, available numerous times throughout the day. Also, the hotel makes getting the Milan Centrale Station a breeze...5 minute walk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear BuonaNotteRoma,
Thank you so much for all your kind words, your review is a reward for all the dedication the staff devolve in their work here at the hotel Principe di Savoia.
I do hope you and your family have the chance to fly back to Italy soon: when you do please let us know your travel plans in advance. We'll be most glad to give you a warm welcome back to your home in Milan.

Ezio Indiani

Write a ReviewReviews (2,013)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Have been in this hotel 3 nights and must say,it was the best concierge-service I ever saw
Reception and check in is terrible,no smiling- no hospitality- no friendship except 1 lady,who never tries to act british like the others. Breakfast room and buffet is OK ,but being seated is another british style imitation problem. Junior suite was average ,but houskeeping starts very early in the morning to talk on mobiles on the corridors
I must say a big thank you to messers concierge Modesto and Nikola ,they were like Red Cross in the Hotel
Managment must take some measures for the reception,which is the first mirror in a hotel
British hotelies are very friendly with good manners
mmcin

Room Tip: No idea under these circumtances
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank mmcin
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear mmcin,
Thank you for your review. I am sorry if your stay with us was not seamless. If you would be so kind as to contact me, I would like to learn more about the details of your experience. Please do feel free to contact me either via our website, or even here on Tripadvisor with a private message.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I'm lucky to visit the hotel quite often due to my work in menswear. Over the past year the Savoia easily became my favourite hotel.

Entering the room after a hard days work truly feels like coming home every single time. The solid furniture of the rooms, the water bottels, the bath rooms, etc etc: it's all picture perfect.

The people working in the hotel are all equally nice: the door man, Waiters, cleaners. All good! So is the food and drinks. Great Bellini, great breakfasts, etc etc.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Menco_Ams,
Thank you so much for your kind words.
I am glad that you love it here with us, and that staying at the Principe has become a habit on your business trips.
Also I am thrilled that you had the chance to try our breakfast and the Principe Bar on you recent stay. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff, who is seriously committed to excellence of service.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon, maybe January?
Warm Regards

Reviewed 25 June 2014

When I first traveled to Milan and my company booked this hotel I wasnt sure what to expect. Luckily I was very pleasantly surprised! The lobby is beautiful and you may a little time there if you get in early because rooms are not usually ready before check in time. While you wait you can have some of the delicious food they serve, or change and shower in the lovely Gym/Spa area. Also there is a great buffet breakfast as well! Make sure you get the rate where its included.

There is also a great bar with fantastic little appetizers! I could eat way too many of the tiny pizzas they give you!

All the rooms I have stayed in are great and I love the aqua di parma bath products. Beds could be a little softer but after all the delicious wine and food in Milan, I barely notice at the end of the day.

There is also a free shuttle service that takes you right into the heart of town to dine and shop.

Service has been nothing but gracious! Looking forward to going back in September!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Laurad42na
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Laurad42na,
Thank you for this beautifully detailed review! I am nothing but thrilled to see that you loved it here with us.
While we understand the need for rest after a long travel overseas, during days of high occupancy we may have difficulties in preparing rooms ahead of normal check in time. But I assure you that both our housekeeping team and the staff at the reception do their best to find an available accommodation even earlier in such cases.

We do sincerely hope to see you again in September; please do express your preferences for bed facilities when you book your stay, or any other thing that you would love to have at hand.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I am in awe with this hotel. She is beautiful. Interior design, choice of colours for draperies and wall fabrics are excellent.
Rooms are beautiful, well maintained & very clean. Bathrooms are clean, good choice of toiletries. Breakfast has enough choice to start a day. All hotel staff are very approachable and very nice and courteous.
They provide you with shuttle service to 3 stops - the main shopping district. It would either be a van that can accommodate 6 or a limo - yes, a limousine.
check in and check out was fast and easy. Taxis are readily available.
Overall, this is still my best choice in Milan. It's our 2nd time to stay here and would love to come back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear anritaa,
Thank you so much for this lovely review about your recent stay!
I hope your family had the chance to make the best of the penthouse swimming pool and room service too.
We really look forward to having you as our guests on your next visit to Milan.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is my fourth visit to principe de savoy.
1-the check in was very smooth, although we were a family of ten
including three children.thanks to the reception lady Beatrice .very friendly and helpful .

2-the rooms very neet and ultra clean .
3-breakfast very organized and variety was excellent .
4-the shower in the bathroom need to be larger .
5-certainly will go back again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Nadola

Dear Nadola,
Thank you so much for your kind review.
I am happy that you loved your accommodation and breakfast. I will make sure to share your comment with Beatrice and please rest assured that your comment about the shower has been duly noted.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We arrived in Milan during the taxi strike so getting to our hotel was a challenge, to say the least! Our room was quite nice and roomy and the food in all of the restaurants was excellent.

The hotel provided a free chauffeur service to the main shopping districts of Milan which we availed ourselves of on a regular basis.

Our favorite location inside the hotel was the formal bar where nightly you could enjoy inventive concoctions accompanied by a vast array. of tasty appetizers.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are well worth the extra cost. Next time we would probably opt for one of their sui...

Dear Colleen A,
Thank you for sharing your review.
I am thrilled that you loved our well known bar, your accommodation and the shuttle service to the historical centre. I am sorry on the other hand if the taxi strike made it harder for you to reach us, and I hope the rest of your experience in Milan went smoothly for your family.

We hope to welcome you back again soon,
Warm Regards